“Nice Beach and not crowded!”
Review of Cocoa Beach

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Canfield, Ohio
28 helpful votes
“Nice Beach and not crowded!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2009

If you want the beach but room to actually move around this is it. Its 55 minutes to an Orlando theme park and that gives you some mid week activities to enjoy.
We found a local charter boat run by a family. We got to see river dolphins and mnatees up close.
The Village of Cocoa is on the mainland. It offers some fun shopping experiences. Even my 11 year old son enjoyed it.
Ron-Jon's is worth browsing. There are some go-kart options. Andretti's was fun and we got our fil in 2 hours as it was not crowded. If you are looking for a great family location without all the hustle and bustle of some busier locations, check out Cocoa Beach. Just be kind and not tell too many people. We plan to return.

5 Thank drjonman2u
Alexandria, VA
39 helpful votes
“A nice place to escape”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2009

I visited Cocoa Beach for about 4 days in early April. There was only one day it was a bit too breezy to wear just a bathing suit, but otherwise the weather was beautiful. There's not a lot of very exciting things to do, but it was nice to slow the pace of life down.

1 Thank SuperMom2001
Delaware
4 helpful votes
“Manatee Park”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

The directions were dead on! Turn at the Radisson... You just have to plan on standing there watching for awhile to watch for the manatees. The park is so beautiful and not busy! Breath taking and well tended! I am soooo glad that I read this and checked it out.

2 Thank ilove2travelanywhere
Illinois
38 helpful votes
“Great Place to Visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2009

My family and I love Cocoa Beach. The crowds go to Daytona Beach, which leaves this vast stretch of beach roomy and almost private a lot of the time. I actually took my family here because years ago it was a shell beach with a lot of shells. Well, that has changed over the past 20 years, maybe because of all the hurricanes. But still, the kids had a blast, because there is a LOT of sand there, and you can play in the water and have fun without being near deep water (in most places - you still need to be careful, especially when there are a lot of waves).

We liked Cocoa Beach so much that next time we vacation in Florida, we're going to divide our time between Orlando and Cocoa Beach and stay there at least 2 or 3 days.

And let me also put it this way... I don't like long drives, and we're 19 hours from Orlando, but I will drive it to spend time on Cocoa Beach. Sure, there are some nice beaches on the east coast that would be a shorter drive, but none that have near the attractions that central Florida offers, and the water is warmer in the spring too.

4 Thank sellacct
Dahlonega, Georgia
33 helpful votes
“Not terribly impressed”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 May 2008

Driving in to Cocoa Beach, the usual coastal attractions appear: beautiful bay waterways, palms, and that ever elusive glimpse of the ocean. In CB, that glimpse of the ocean is ever elusive because of the 1960s-1970s developments that still cover the landscape and have never been updated. For someone who enjoys going to either a) modern developed locations or b) "forgotten coast" type locations, Cocoa Beach was a huge disappointment. Commericial restaurants, unimaginative architecture and overly-crowded roads make up the majority of this town. The one thing this location has going for it is (and I will give it this) the beautiful beaches. The beaches in Cocoa Beach are wide, full of loose white sand, and run straight into beautiful blue-green Atlantic ocean waters. Crowded though they may be (particularly on holiday weekends), the beaches are big enough and wide enough to enjoy without feeling as though everyone else in the world is a foot away from your beach towel. Also, evening walks are the best as the sun dips into the horizon and the heat of the day fades away. I won't be going back, but I did find the relaxation I was seeking for the weekend.

1 Thank sgi10

Been to Cocoa Beach? Share your experiences!