“Solid 4 and a half”

GreenLeadersGold level
Schenectady
“Solid 4 and a half”
Reviewed 8 June 2014

Classy historical hotel, very enjoyable stay. Stayed three nights during graduation, so hotel was jam packed. Location is ok, but you won't be walking anywhere, they do however offer a free carpark. Stayed in a Jr suite that had more than enough room and was very comfortable. Bathroom was a little tight for two. Housekeeping was spot on! Our room was only accessible by stairs, so heads up for those with knee issues. Did not use the pool, which is hugh, but my sister rented a cabana and said it was fabulous. Golf was ok. Gym looked nice, did not use.
There is a $20/day facility fee - so for the very measly downside. No coffee in the room, but it is available in the lobby until 6:30 am lol. There is continental bfast in the Cellar Club with free refills if you keep your cup (did not hear about that until our drive back to the airport). Lemon/cucumber water in the lobby is sporadic.. I know it's Florida, but do not count on it all day. Daily paper was only delivered one out of three days. Room service menu was not picked up, however manager did rectify.
Absolutely would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
BiltmoreHotel, at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Katalina,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Biltmore Hotel. I am pleased that you enjoyed your overall stay, however I am sorry about the minor inconveniences you had! I do hope that you come back and have another positive experience.

Sincerely yours,
Matthias Kammerer

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (325)
  • Turkish first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 8 June 2014

We were here graduation weekend. I do not recommend this weekend. The whole hotel was over booked and all the staff were pushed to the limits. Saturday night every possible room or alcove had a party in it. The pool decking was over crowed to the point of brawls over chairs and towels the the pool attendants clearly were catering to regulars who obliviously had tipped well in the past. Im not sure what the daily activity fee is for, but everyone wants a large tip for what you would expect any hotel to provide. One of the events on Saturday night had a band that had our room shaking (glasses in room were rattling) until 11pm. We had several rooms and a 2year old who could not sleep with that noise. You know, most guests have plans the next day and not everyone wants a band shaking their room until that party is over.
I did read another comment about noise in the walls. We had this as well. It was as if old pipes where being turned on and off all night. I know the hotel is "haunted" but I think it was the pipes.
The bed was comfortable.In One of our rooms the A/C never got below 75 and was uncomfortable for our guests. Mothers day brunch..... booking 6 months out. Any food you would like -to the point of excess, it was very nice -but the$ price$. No one can possibly eat as much food as they charge for, and again the large tip for pouring some drinks as you get buffet food- which was very good, but never again. It is not worth it. If you don't care about over spending- then this is your hotel.

Room Tip: coffee and light snacks in morning in the LL bar area if you don't want another big breakfast up...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
BiltmoreHotel, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on your stay while at the Biltmore Hotel. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience and dissatisfaction you had. Please note that I will be looking into your comments further as the Biltmore prides itself on excellent customer service.

I do hope that one day you can come back to the Biltmore and give us another chance in giving you a positive and memorable experience.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

The Biltmore provides an experience in luxury at its finest.
Hotel and grounds on the property provide for a experience you will never forget. The staff goes above and beyond to cater to your needs, always friendly and attentive. I would recommend the Biltmore Hotel to anyone who is interested in spending a little more for an experience that will last you a lifetime

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
BiltmoreHotel, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for the lovely review. I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time while staying at the Biltmore Hotel. I hope you can come back in the near future to have another great experience.

Truly yours,

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Last week I went to The Afternoon Tea to celebrate a dear friend's birthday. Everything was excellent. Amparo made us feel very special and the ambience was magical with the music play by the harpist. I totally recommend this place!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
BiltmoreHotel, at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased that you enjoyed your time at the Biltmore Hotel for the afternoon tea. I hope that you can come back and enjoy yet another afternoon.

Stafford, Virginia
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Convenient but overpriced. It was nice to walk to the village from the hotel for a restaurant in the evening but overall we felt the hotel,was overpriced for,what you receive. I did not like the housekeeper coming in twice a day either as I did not expect anyone later in the day to come in while we were not there....didn't like that at all. Hotel is ritzy looking but sort of in a fake way..

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Donna,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Biltmore Hotel, I appreciate your constructive criticism. I apologize for any inconvenience you had while staying here as well as the miscommunication with housekeeping.

I hope you will return to the Biltmore Hotel in the future!

Connecticut
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I decided to splurge on the Biltmore and introduce my daughter and another 16 year old to a classic hotel. We were only in Florida for four days and I thought this would be a special treat. We checked in to a nice room for $415 per night (reservations staff were helpful in telling us a room with more space for 3 people). It was room 259 at the end of the hall, several steps up (no elevator, but not a big problem for us). I provide the room# as I would not advise anyone to stay in that particular room. We went to bed about 10 p.m. and all through the night there were noises coming through the walls. It sounded like a FOG HORN! The at 2:30 am the fire alarm went off. The noises continued until at 6:30 am I called the desk and said "what on earth are these NOISES?". It turns out despite the fire alarm we were the only ones to complain. At 8 am they were still occuring. I did not sleep at all that night, and the front desk said they would tell the manager and see what they could do. I expected a call or message but nothing all day. The second night the noises started again about 11 p.m. I stuffed tissue in my ears and called the front desk again. He said he would tell the manager. Noises all through the night despite tissue in ears! I looked behind the exit door, and saw that the main fire system is directly in back of the bed through the wall. My theory is that it makes noise especially when the hotel water system gets quiet at night. I have honestly never slept so poorly in a hotel, especially for $400 per night! I was especially upset by the handling of the issue. I stopped by the front desk twice in person, and called four times. They kept saying a manager would address it, but no one did. When I checked out the front desk had me wait until they could reach the on duty manager - a young man who looked nervous and inexperienced. he said my experience was "totally unacceptable", but then did nothing to address it! The front desk was amazed and gave me half off the second night. By then I was so mad I just wanted to leave.

On the plus side, it is a beautiful place, the room was clean and large, and the pool is fabulous. I liked the fitness classes especially and took two yoga and one zumba class during the stay. I don't know if I would stay there again due to the service and handling of the problem. I have to imagine that not all rooms are like 259 or no one would ever stay there! Avoid that room!

Room Tip: Avoid room 259 at the end of the hall due to NOISES from fire system.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lizzy429
BiltmoreHotel, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Lizzy,

I am terribly sorry about the unfavorable experience you had while staying at the Biltmore Hotel. Please know that I am taking your feedback seriously and will be looking into your incident and the departments involved. I promise you that the issue is of concern to us, as the Biltmore prides itself on an exceptional service culture worthy of its luxury status.

I do hope that you can come back in future so we can regain your trust.

Miami, FL
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

I recently had the utmost pleasure of having afternoon tea at The Biltmore. We arrived early and walked the grounds and took in the grandeur of this historic hotel. Inside, outside, we were not disappointed. Afternoon Tea was quite an experience that we will NEVER forget. Our main purpose of our outing was a pre-law school graduation celebration. I said as much on my reservation hoping to only garner a private table for two (mother and daughter) when go our surprise the lovely server, Amparo, brought us 2 lovely glasses of champagne. It was unexpected and a perfect way to start our afternoon. The different teas were delicious and I wish we could have sampled more but we were already too full from the tasty treats we had. The scones, deviled eggs, etc. were to die for. We could not have asked for a more perfect afternoon and The Biltmore delivered on everything and more we could have wished for. AWESOME harp player. Seemed to read our minds and played a lot of our favorite songs.

• Stayed May 2014
Mikaela V, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this review, 29 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review for the Biltmore Hotel. I am so pleased that you had a great experience at our afternoon tea. I hope that you come back in the future and continue to enjoy the Biltmore Hotel.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Downtown
Four Seasons Hotel Miami
Downtown
Mandarin Oriental, Miami

Been to The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!