We had one night at the Biltmore during our fly drive holiday. It is very opulent and grand as you drive to it, but our initial greeting was disappointing. There are no clear signs as you approach, so naturally we drove to the front area where there are staff waiting.
As we stopped the car, they open your doors for you, very nice we thought, then, realising that we didn't have valet parking, we are herded back in and told something in a very strong Spanish accent that we couldn't understand, but just made out the words 'turn left'.
Rather bewildered, we drove out and turned left and saw signs for the golf course, so went and parked in there. Turns out this is the correct car park anyway, but the signage is very misleading.
We really liked the authentic appearance of the hotel both inside and out, and felt like we were entering a luxury hotel, particularly as we waited in the lobby to be served. Incidentally, two desk staff were serving one family and kept us waiting five minutes while they did so, which was a bit poor.
the room was lovely, with a view of the pool and grounds. The bed was very comfortable and everything was extremely clean, so I cannot fault this at all.
We had some coffee by the pool later and a stroll around the grounds, which we thoroughly enjoyed.
A good stay, and I didn't feel that I got ripped off, but customer service could really do with an overhaul.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Graced with effortless beauty and sophistication, The Biltmore Hotel is a national historic landmark located in the exclusive Coral Gables area with close proximity to Miami Beach and downtown Miami. The 273-room resort resembles classic Italian, Moorish, and Spanish architectural influences spread over 150-acres of tropical landscape. A favorite of world leaders and celebrities since its opening in 1926, the hotel offers a restored Donald Ross 18-hole, 71 par championship golf course, tennis courts, the largest hotel pool on the East Coast of the United States with private cabanas, a European spa, and an award-winning fitness center. The hotel's dining destinations include the award winning Palme d'Or, recognized by Zagat as one of the best restaurants in the country; Fontana, a traditional Italian restaurant surrounding The Biltmore courtyard and fountain; the poolside Cascade and the 19th Hole Golf restaurant. The hotel also recently unveiled its culinary academy offering an array of hands-on cooking classes for adults and children. The Biltmore is one of South Florida's preferred sites for leisure and business travel, high-level corporate briefings, public policy conferences, and an extraordinary wedding destination. The Biltmore is a member of the Leading Hotels of the World. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Agoda, Hotelopia, LoveHolidays, Ctrip TA, Priceline, Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Biltmore Hotel Coral Gables
- Biltmore Coral Gables
- The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables Florida