“Would go back any time!”

The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Coral Gables
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 19 August 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a week. Each person we came in contact with-the valet, concierge, managers at the restaurant, pool attendants, housekeeping and so on, were so courteous and professional, it was really a pleasure. I will be making the Biltmore my regular place to stay when I visit Miami. Loved it!

• Stayed: August 2014
Management response:Responded 27 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review! I am so pleased that you enjoyed your week stay. The Biltmore Hotel prides itself on excellent customer service and I am glad your experience entailed just that. Hope you are able to stay again soon.

Yours truly,

Reviewed 15 August 2014

My wife and I were heading to South Beach from Key West, and decided the overnight in southern Florida, at the Biltmore. This is a well known gracious, elegant, and historic hotel. The staff, are impeccably trained, and extremely helpful. Our room, a Standard King, was quiet, the bedding luscious. There are 5 restaurants on the hotel grounds . The fitness facility is excellent, equipment new and extremely well maintained. Trainers are available and standards maintained by the Fitness Manager. The pool - absolutely stunning! It is one of the most memorable ones we have seen. The pool area cushions and the golf clubhouse could benefit from a bit of a facelift, but this is hardly worth mentioning. We cannot wait to come back for a longer visit!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
BiltmoreHotel, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2014

Dear Stan,

Thank you very much for the review, I truly appreciate your positive feedback! I am glad that you enjoyed your stay at the Biltmore Hotel and hope that when you return to South Florida you can stay once again.

Reviewed 11 August 2014

We walked in the Biltmore Hotel to have lunch which we had at the poolside. Amazing place we had Trio Burger (nice set of 3 small burgers) Lam Gyros (a tad too dry according to those present) and chicken sandwich. Excellent service, price quality ratio was fine. The place is impressive and we envied those who could jump into the water.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review! I am pleased that you enjoyed lunch at our Cascade restaurant by our luxurious pool. I hope that you can return as a hotel guest so that you can have the total pool experience!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

The pool is amazing , garden sensational !
Breakfast good , traditional hotel , friendly staff !
We enjoyed a lot our stay !
Highly recommend !
Offers just about everything , complete gym , yoga and specially golf !
The room is very confortable and has a nice view!

Stayed: July 2014
Management response:Responded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

I am very pleased that you enjoyed your stay and were able to write a review! I hope the next time that you are in Coral Gables you can have another great experience at the beautiful Biltmore Hotel.

Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Lovely venerable old grand dame that could use a little facelift and some freshening... Annoying to be charged a daily 22$ resort fee while in business when you can't use any of the amenities...a full American room service breakfast is over 45$

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank jerseygypsy
Management response:Responded 12 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review. I always appreciate feedback. I apologize about the resort t fee but it covers the cost of gratuity for our bellman, doorman, and housekeeper, the use of our facilities (fitness center and swimming pool), self parking, local and 1-800 calls, and newspaper. I do hope that you will be able to come back and enjoy a memorable experience at the beautiful and historic Biltmore Hotel.

Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

Recently spent three nights here and enjoyed it very much. You can tell the building is not from this era, but it is very well cared for. The place is gorgeous and has an old world, romantic feel to it. My husband and I spent an entire day at the pool and loved every minute of it. We never had dinner on the property, but lunch by the pool was good and breakfast in the courtyard was excellent. I loved the garden feel of the courtyard with the fountain - very peaceful. My only complaint is that there was not a coffee pot in the room. I have stayed in all kinds of places all over the world and this is the first time I've ever not had in-room coffee service. But that's pretty minor in the grand scheme of things. The staff were fantastic and the service we received was impeccable. I had a great experience here and hope to return again someday.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank HappycuriousWanderer
BiltmoreHotel, Managing Director at The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the review, I always appreciate feedback. I am very pleased that you had a memorable experience and hope that you can return soon to enjoy another one.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 7 August 2014

The hotel was built in 1926 by a labor force of 3,000 men in a little less than 10 months for just $10 million. Its footprint is enormous at 150 acres. It offers 10 tennis courts, an 18-hole golf course, one of the largest hotel swimming pools in the world and much more. It is beyond beautiful to see and walk through the grand lobby and the myriad number of rooms and corridors. I do not know of any hotel other than the Biltmore that has a 13th floor. What was so absorbing about my visit in July 2014, was that my wife and I got to go to the 13th floor two-story penthouse that Al Capone used during Prohibition. It has a fireplace, two big bedrooms, two big baths, kitchen, a huge desk and a baby grand piano in it. The artistry in terms of paintings, sculptures, and tiles is simply beyond description. One can spend a night there for $3500. However, even at that price, the booze in the pantry in the kitchen is not included. Our standard room was spacious and well appointed and considerably less, and I had no problem buying a couple of drinks in the hotel on my dime. If you do have the opportunity to stay in or visit the Biltmore, make a point to see Capone’s retreat. Turns out Big Al never slept there but would bring his criminal cronies there when they were too bad to be brought to his expansive homes on Star Island in Miami Beach. The penthouse has balconies facing both the north and south end, and the views are incredible. The bellman who took my wife and me to this suite pointed out that beyond the elevator that reaches this penthouse, there is also a secret stairwell that returns one to the ground level. He pointed out that anytime a high ranking politico stays there, the Secret Service guys appreciate the back stairwell should anything unexpected occur.

I would strongly suggest any time you come to eat, sleep, or play at the Biltmore or in Coral Gables, you make an effort to see this huge edifice and possibly enjoy a visit to this historic penthouse.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
9  Thank Retired_Miami
Management response:Responded 11 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the beautiful and historic Biltmore Hotel. I am pleased to know that you are passionate about this hotel and know a lot of about its rich history! I hope that you can stay with us again in the near future.

Yours truly,

Coconut Grove
The Ritz-Carlton Coconut Grove, Miami
Courtyard Miami Coral Gables
#4 of 12 in Coral Gables

Been to The Biltmore Hotel Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!