See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 6 December 2017 via mobile

THE WORST HOTEL I've ever been in my life. If I could give 0 stars I would have. My husband stayed there and said it was disgusting, he felt unsanitary in the room. Not to mention, they charged my card to make the reservation, then my husband paid with his card so there were two charges. I called to ask for assistance, the person who answered the phone was THE RUDDEST! He kept cutting me off, kept saying "we keep going to the same thing round and round", "you don't let me talk" "calm down" and more cutting me off and trying to speak over me. I asked to speak with a manager, who was not available. We all know how customer service is supposed to be provided, and this person did not. In addition, I will say this because I am an immigrant also, from Latin America. This person was an immigrant who did not receive the correct training of how to provide customer service in America. Please train your people. This is not Latin America or the Middke East. REMEMBER - I am a Latina immigrant too, I know how it works. Get your hotel together, you are all the worst, bad service, bad cleaning bad quality, I am surprised you are still open.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2017

We booked the Gables Inn because our standing reservation at a chain hotel was cancelled a week before our cruise due to hurricane Irma repairs still underway. We needed something in the $100 price range for just one night.

From the outside, it didn't look bad, but once into our room, you could tell this place was in need of serious renovation and cleaning. The place reeked of bleach; so much that we opened up a window all night just to try and get rid of the smell. There were handprints on the walls around the doors, light switches and windows. Mis-matched tiles in the shower and bathroom floor. It looked like 25 layers of paint on the walls, door frames and ceiling. Smoke detector was missing (bracket was there with wires sticking out) and the light over the door was burned out. 3 lonely hangers in the closet, no bath exhaust fan and the bathroom window lock tabs were missing so we could not even open that window to help get the bleach smell out. The night stand was dirty, sticky and had a broken drawer. The blinds and windows were disgusting - dusty, dirty and had dead bugs on the sills. The floors are tile without even a small rug by the beds to step on

The towels were new, the furniture (except the night stand) was fine and looked clean enough. . Thankfully, the AC unit worked fine. Nice big TV. The room was a good size and it looked like they tried to freshen up the vanity/sink area with new sink and tile, new curtain over the blinds and decent duvets on the beds. Sheets were clean and didn't smell of bleach, pillows were fine. Desk clerk was very nice and friendly.

This place could be a really nice place if they just fix everything and redo the bathroom areas. Housekeeping isn't good at all. Never again - we'll stick to big box hotels next time.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2017 via mobile

They lost my reservation and refused to make any accommodations, even though I had a confirmation number. Caused us tons of headache to rebook another hotel last minute! Do all you can to stay away. Not worth the trouble.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2017

Went to Coral Gables for a memorial service. Price was right $85. Had a good bed, room was clean, good parking, pretty safe area. A little road noise but not bad. Had coffee in the morning but the breakfast was pretty lame. Would stay again in a pinch.

• Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 April 2017 via mobile

Very simple rooms with no carpet (which is great) comfortable beds and clean, overall a good deal if you can get the room for 60-80USD/night

Cleanliness is not something you generally get in motels at this price range, so give it a try if you have to stop by miami overnight

Breakfast is small (bagels coffee watered down orange juice) but at least edible (still not something to expect at this price range)

Staff is very friendly and available and the place has been rather quiet at night (also something quite rare at this price range...)

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple