“A CAFÉ WITH CHARM”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Pasion del Cielo

Pasion del Cielo
Ranked #30 of 342 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Boca Raton, Florida
“A CAFÉ WITH CHARM”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

I came for the coffees and the atmosphere, arriving early on a Sunday morning. I lucked out in getting a shady parking spot on the curb by the café entrance. The handful of outside tables were already occupied by relaxed coffee sippers. I wanted to sit inside anyway, to soak up the ambiance of this neat café. It's small, but cozy. Walls are done in Chicago brick, meaning used bricks (some with splashes of baby-blue paint left over from the bricks' previous incarnation), which lends character to this coffee shop. Dropdown acrylic paintings, brightly colored with stylized floral patterns, reached down from the ceiling, adding an artsy touch to the scene.

There were pastries and empanadas available, but I was here just for the coffees. Besides, that food was not baked on premises. From the row of coffee beans lining the wall behind the register counter, I chose the Brazilian blend, and opted to have it as an espresso. I sipped it, seated in one of the cushioned love seats, while vintage tunes from bygone decades wafted through the room.

My second round of espresso was the Blue Mountain coffee from Jamaica, for which I paid a hefty premium. But I had never tried this expensive coffee, and now was the time to close that blind spot in my coffee experiences. I sipped it to a melody from Simon and Garfunkel in a relaxed, friendly environment. Sigh.

I actually liked the Brazilian blend better, with its bold, rich flavor. The Jamaican coffee was too acidic to suit me.

A most enjoyable café experience.

• Visited May 2014

Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A coffee experience!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 May 2014

I love coffee. This was a whim my husband and i acted on late one night. He had been and came home raving about the coffee. He enjoys coffee but doesn't share the same level of admiration as I do. I was impressed with quality. EXQUISITE!!!

• Visited May 2014
Miramar, Florida, United States
“Better than Starbucks”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014 via mobile

I walked into Starbucks today and decided I couldn't do it. Jumped back in my car & took a look at Trip Advisor app for another recommendation. JACKPOT!!!! This place is great. If it weren't so sunny & hot outside, I would've felt like I was in Seattle, Washington.

1 Thank Jacquelyn W
Miami, Florida
“My favorite coffee shop in Miami!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

This little gem is in the heart of Coral Gables, just a block or so off of Miracle Mile. They have great coffee: just pick your favorite country and they whip up a great cup of joe just as you wish! Highly recommended!

• Visited February 2014
Lima
“Excellent”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

Very nice place. I didnt like my smoothie because it was too sweet, and the change it with no hesitations. Its cheap. I recommend coffee cinnamon cake, it was amazing.