“Lunch at Swine was divine!”

Swine Southern Table and Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
Swine Southern Table and Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #15 of 357 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Miracle Mile
Description: With a man cave feel and in-house smoker that can be smelled from a block away, Swine has received a warm welcome to the Coral Gables neighborhood. Maintaining the same top-notch techniques and standards of hospitality as its sister restaurant, Swine offers a constantly evolving food and beverage menu that work together to create the perfect Southern meal in a down-home, feel good environment. "From the moment you walk in the door, you are completely transported out of Miami," Kunkel says. "Swine provides a full dining experience with an interior that reflects the refinement of the South." It feels barn-like because it is in fact made from reclaimed wood of an actual barn in South Carolina. Housed inside is the state-of-the-art smoker and wood-fired grills, adding a signature flavor and level of authenticity unique to the restaurant.
Reviewed 10 August 2014

Oh my god, I'm in love with swine. Talk about amazing service, fabulous food and a great atmosphere.

To kick the meal off, a Kale Salad. Yes really, a kale salad and a damn good one too. Kale = meh, but throw in some cornbread as croutons and all the other great addition and you have a salad that makes you say mmmmm.

Okay so I loved the Cornbread so much that I had to have even more. It got even better. Once you add that butter and jelly to it, you'll be in heaven.

For my main I had the Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich. I would snatch some chickens and pluck them myself to get a sandwich this good again.

The Swine Burger was on point too. Burgerliscious if you ask me.

Dessert if u want to call it that, I call it my everything. It was kind of like, everything's does not go together, too many different flavors, but after slobbering it down, its wow nothing has even gone together so great since peanut butter and jelly. The Vanilla Bean Cheesecake with Berries, Cashew Graham Streusel and Mango Sorbet was on point.

John K, Owner at Swine Southern Table and Bar, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Hi chewclue,

Thanks for taking the time to review Swine. We're so glad you enjoyed lunching with us and look forward to having you back again soon for another Southern Fried Chicken Sandwich!

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

I went with my wife and sister in the food for great BBQ... Swine didn't disappoint in the flavor of the food. My wife had the brisket which was good but nothing exceptional.. I had the ribs which were excellent! My sister had the burger which was also awesome. We ordered the mac & cheese which was terrific except it's a very small portion for being so expensive. Service was absolutely top notch but for the price idk if it's worth it

1  Thank Fgsmiami

Hi fgsmiami,

Thanks for taking the time to review Swine. We're so glad you and your family enjoyed dining with us and hope to have you back again soon for another order of Ribs!

Reviewed 8 August 2014

For the most part, the food is good and the service is great. The prices are reasonable as well and the portions are decent. My only qualm with the restaurant is that the seating is very tight. It's like you're having a meal with everyone next to you. I wouldn't go here for an intimate dinner. Also, I have to mention that the brisket is about 60% fat.

Hi anonymousRA,

Thanks for taking the time to review Swine. Glad to hear you enjoyed your meal with us and we hope to have you back again soon to try the rest of our menu offerings.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

Firstly this restaurant makes great use of space. As you walk in the hostess greets you right away and there is a bar by the front door to grab a drink if you have to wait for a table. We were sat in the upstairs portion of the dining room. The menu is just the right size with all different types of bbq favorites. The burnt ends app is amazing as is the brisket. Their bbq sauce is good but could be better if they toned down the sugar. Cocktail list was unique and the bar upstairs provided quick drinks to the tables. Swine was super casual, never once did we feel out of place for not being dressed up. Other tables seemed to be served quickly and the menu items are easy to share so you can just keep ordering and sampling the menu.

Hi MattyG6,

Thanks for taking the time to review Swine. We're so glad you enjoyed dining with us and look forward to having you back again soon for more of those Burnt Ends!

Reviewed 5 August 2014

we made our reservation online using Open Table for 11:30a on Sunday. little did we know, our timing was perfect. 1) we were able to quickly find a meter on the street and avoided the $8 valet. 2) we beat the rush of noon diners and got a sweet little table on the 2nd floor overlooking the entire restaurant. 3) the food came out just minutes after placing our order.

the food & drinks: I had the waffle w. country-fried bacon and it was 110% delicious. my boyfriend went for the brisket which was equally amazing. we went for the bottomless mimosas, naturally, and just 3 rounds did the trick ;)

overall, the experience was great, food was delicious, and the service was excellent. a little overpriced imo but that's miracle mile for you.

Hi Megan Danielle P,

Thanks for taking the time to review Swine. We're so glad you and your boyfriend enjoyed brunch with us and hope to have you back to try lunch or dinner soon.