“EXCELLENT FOOD & SERVICE - CAREFUL WITH RESERVATIONS”

Ortanique on the Mile
Reserve with OpenTable
Ortanique on the Mile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 357 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Salzedo & Miracle Mile (Coral Way)
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent quality food, beautiful presentation.For those who prefer quality over quantity.Prompt, efficient and polite service.
I called to make reservations for two three days ahead and explained it was a special occasion, my wife's birthday. I requested a good, QUIET table and was told no problem. We arrived on time and clearly our reservation was not honored or had been canceled. We had to sit at the only available table, tiny, in an unattractive corner, next to a very large, rowdy party that had obviously more than a few drinks before our arrival. The unbearable noise made it impossible for my wife and I to initiate even the most basic conversation. After about a half-hour of suffering we saw another table available and demanded to to moved there, which we did.

Avoid Fridays and Saturdays evenings. Restaurant may be crowded (as it happened to us on a Friday) and parking can be a problem.

1  Thank 411ClaudeB

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great atmosphere and amazing menu! Wine list is spectacular and with great service. Menu is delicious and different, has enough choices for everyone to pick something to please them.

1  Thank Greg6987
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I'll start with dessert because it made my day, mango cheesecake, memorable. Salmon in mango's sauce was delicious with an peach. Tasty bread and a great tartare for entry. You should ask for oregon's wine and everything will be perfect.

1  Thank Enzo T
Reviewed 17 June 2014

We were given a dinner certificate to this restaurant while visiting family in Miami. We had no idea what to expect but decided to go anyways. First off, we were 30 minutes late arriving due to horrible traffic. I did call to let them know we were running late and they were very kind on the phone about it. As we approached the restaurant, we were a little trepidatious; entrance was nothing to speak of and I immediately thought it was some little hole in the wall. When we arrived, we were greeted warmly and they were even nicer about us being late and proceed to find us a very nice intimate table (there was just the two of us). Service was very good and the food even better. I was so surprised and so was my hubby. I had a Chef's special that evening - beef medallions with asparagus and white Truffle Manchego Mashed Potatoes. Listen, it was delicious. I couldn't believe it. I don't remember what my husband had; but he loved it. Excellent Mojitos - so give that a try. When we told the Hostess that we would be back, we meant it! Lovely little spot, excellent service and great food. Oh yeah, very nice Sticky toffee pudding for dessert.

Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

Excellent Food and Service. Sat at the bar and ate dinner. Bartender Joel was super knowledgable of menu. I had the Churrasca Steak special and it was great. Perfectly cooked and perfect portion size. I would return in a heartbeat. Looks like they make great drinks also!!!

1  Thank Mattylenzen