“Lovely Restaurant - OUTSTANDING bread pudding!”

Ortanique on the Mile
Reserve with OpenTable
Ortanique on the Mile is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 356 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Caribbean, Jamaican
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Groups, Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: Salzedo & Miracle Mile (Coral Way)
Reviewed 5 August 2014

I've never liked bread pudding. It's always just seemed like sweet, soggy bread to me. Then, I had Ortanique's bread pudding. OH. MY. GOODNESS. Their bread pudding is OUTSTANDING! What an absolutely, positively perfect blend of flavors! You should definitely try it.

The restaurant itself is lovely...great atmosphere in a nice part of town, awesome decor (I especially love the romantic curtains that separate the dining areas), great food, and great service. I don't have a single complaint.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

I was with my 17 year old son, looking for a place to eat for dinner. We looked at the reviews from TripAdvisor, and thought we would give it a try. The restaurant has a nice ambiance. We were greeted by a handsome waiter named Barry. He was very knowledgeable about the wines and food. My son had a filet of beef and I had grouper, each was presented beautifully and both tasted amazing. The service was fantastic. They filled our water before we ran out. We were pleasantly surprised to find a gem.

1  Thank RachelleDeerfield_IL
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Excellent quality food, beautiful presentation.For those who prefer quality over quantity.Prompt, efficient and polite service.
I called to make reservations for two three days ahead and explained it was a special occasion, my wife's birthday. I requested a good, QUIET table and was told no problem. We arrived on time and clearly our reservation was not honored or had been canceled. We had to sit at the only available table, tiny, in an unattractive corner, next to a very large, rowdy party that had obviously more than a few drinks before our arrival. The unbearable noise made it impossible for my wife and I to initiate even the most basic conversation. After about a half-hour of suffering we saw another table available and demanded to to moved there, which we did.

Avoid Fridays and Saturdays evenings. Restaurant may be crowded (as it happened to us on a Friday) and parking can be a problem.

1  Thank 411ClaudeB
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Great atmosphere and amazing menu! Wine list is spectacular and with great service. Menu is delicious and different, has enough choices for everyone to pick something to please them.

1  Thank Greg6987
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I'll start with dessert because it made my day, mango cheesecake, memorable. Salmon in mango's sauce was delicious with an peach. Tasty bread and a great tartare for entry. You should ask for oregon's wine and everything will be perfect.

1  Thank Enzo T