“Yum!”

Pete's - Authentic cooking
Ranked #135 of 360 Restaurants in Coral Gables
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Wedding dress shopping with my daughters and this was such a nice break. Great food (healthy too) and great service.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

What superb hospitality! My first visit was quite nice. The experience was excellent, made so by Pete himself, and his son, Thomas. Very gracious hosts. We enjoyed a fine French breakfast, and will surely be back. Easy street parking at breakfast time that gets much trickier at the lunch hour. A nice addition for those of us that start the day with a breakfast business meeting.

Reviewed 2 July 2014

It is a simple, down to earth, place, and the chef and owner give it their all, producing delicious breakfast and lunch treats.

Reviewed 27 February 2014

My wife and I were headed to Coral Gables for the day and wanted a “healthy lunch.” A quick search on TripAdvisor led us to Pete’s. We agree with all the positive reviews. Staff was welcoming, helpful and friendly. And the food… fresh and excellently prepared. In addition to the menu, Specials of the Day are easy to identify on a huge white board, plus on clipboards at the counter. Pete offered a taste of the Soup of the Day, a Leek Soup, which I have to say is as good as my own, (okay, even a little bit better than my own). Needless to say, it was on my list for lunch. It was fresh and wonderfully flavored with just a hint of bacon. (I wish he hadn’t given out so many free samples… I got the very last bowlful!) I also enjoyed a lovely salad from the menu, ‘Prosciutto, mozzarella, melon and greens.” It too was wonderful! My wife and our friend both chose the salad of the day, which they agreed was great as well. Discreetly glancing at surrounding tables, the sandwiches looked very good and seemed likewise to bring great satisfaction to other patrons. If you live or work in the Gables, we’re jealous! Since we’re an hour+ to the north, we will have to settle for only an occasional lunch at “Pete’s Authentic Cooking!” bon appétit!

1  Thank robbgrimm
Reviewed 16 February 2014 via mobile

An excellent spot for breakfast, lunch, and brunch. The people who run the restaurant care about the food they serve (they suggested I not have the sausage because it didn't meet their standards, so I the bacon instead which couldn't be made better). We had the French toast, eggs and the breakfast burrito--all exceeded expectations. Anytime I'm in coral gables I'll be back.

1  Thank djyshadow