“Good Business Hotel”

Courtyard Miami Coral Gables
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Coral Gables
Reviewed 29 October 2013

I stayed here for 4 days on a business trip, the reception team was really helpful, i needed a rental car for a day and they help booked it (the car was taken to the hotel and left there also). The accomodations were clean and the room was spacious enough, king bed and a couch on the side.
There was no need for room service since miracle mile is a few blocks away with a great variety of restaurants.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2013

Dear Mr. David G;

Thank you for your kind words in regards to our reception team, we are happy that you had a pleasant stay. It was great that you were able to take advantage of the shopping venues in miracle mile and enjoyed the variety of restaurants in that location. Coral Gables is in deed a gem, we are glad to be located in such a prestigious location and to be able to offer our guest the service and accomodation levels they derserve.

We appreciate you staying with us and hope to see you back soon. I wish you safe and exciting travels.

Sincerely

Reviewed 23 October 2013

The few who have had problems here, I can assure would have problems most anywhere.
Service is extrodinary. Friendly, attractive and knows what they are doing.
Extrodinary , if there is such athing would be an understatement when describing those employed at this hotel. There is a resturant with a bar, nice to go for a cocktail. Room service if you want. Martine man is resturant, is fantastic,. Nothing ruins a holiday faster then nasty service.

Room Tip: Rooms are all the same with exception of those that face pool. The exception they face pool otherwis...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2013

Dear Franktony;

Thank you very much for your kind comments regarding our staff;s "extraordinary service" . It warms my heart to see the level service my team provided you made such a lasting impact on you. I will share your feedback with my team to help them understand what an effect their actions can make on our guests. I look forward to welcoming you back with us very soon and wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 14 October 2013 via mobile

This hotel is located in a descent neighborhood. At night it looks a little sketchy, but it wasn't bad. The hotel staff were very kind and accommodated our every need. They even gave out free cookies haha. Our room was a standard room with 2 queen beds and 1 bathroom. The bathroom was a little small, but clean. However, the A/C in the room was okay. It took a while for it to kick in and sort of cool the whole room to our desired temperature, but it's not like the room was extremely hot or anything. It was still comfortable. Good hotel. If I ever come back to Coral Gables I'll be staying at this hotel.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 15 October 2013

Dear Mayaa_4;

We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay. We are glad that you were able to take advantage of the Coral Gables neighborhood and community. Thank you for your feedback regarding the air conditoner quality, we have since your visit inspected the room and have made the necessary adjustments. Thank you for acknowledging our friendly and caring staff, we look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.

Reviewed 29 September 2013

How disappointing, Coral Gables is a delightful area but this Marriott is, in my opinion, just not up to par and rather has a feeling of a bit of an upmarket motel. The place is run down and dirty by international Marriott standards in all of the public areas. The restaurant is grubby, the menu lacks imagination and the music played while tucking into your grub of choice makes one feel like they have entered the twilight zone - very dissapointing. The gym, again extremely dirty is also under equipped and the pool, although looks appetizing on the website photographs brings to mind a miniature Lido and in need of updating and maintenance. The rooms however are thankfully cleaner and more adequate but for the price per night, we expected more. Come on Marriott, up your game and don't forget the attention to detail - don't let the side down or we may have to sleep elsewhere in future.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank PANAJACX
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 1 October 2013

Dear Travel Writer Panajacx;

I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community. As a Marriott Platinum Elite member, you understand what our standards are as a brand. Please accept my sincere apology for my property not meeting your expectations. Your experience is very contrasting to what we stand for and I assure you not the usual guest experience. I am happy to read you found your room clean and comfortable. As you read the majority of reviews this property operates at a high level of service and cleanliness.

I am glad to inform that the pool area will undergo renovations in the next couple of months. By this time next year we will have a new restaurant in place "Courtyard Bistro" and a brand new lobby with new lobby furniture, check-in desk, refurbished business center and the addition of Starbucks Kiosk. That will most definitely change the image of the hotel while still maintaining its personality with the Coral Gables historical charm. Please check us out again next fall and you will not be disappointed.

Reviewed 12 September 2013

We came down to Miami a day early for a cruise and stayed here because they offered free shuttle service from the airport. While you can tell this is an older hotel that could use a little updating it worked for us. The front desk staff was really very friendly and made you feel really welcomed. The room was very clean with a flat screen TV. We were on the fourth floor so request a room away from the main st. There is a restaurant on premise but because we just felt like getting out we did not take advantage of that. It is within walking distance to a Publix grocery store and there are several eating establishments within walking distance from Burger King to finer restaurants. Though they did not offer shuttle service to Port of Miami they will call a cab for you which runs about 26.00. On the whole I say it was a great place for the price and I would definantly stay here again.

Room Tip: Request a room away from main street its a little noisier closer to the street
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2013

Dear Kk-n-va;

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such positive feedback with the TripAdvisor community about the Courtyard Marriott in Coral Gables. We very much appreciate you choosing to stay with us. Thank you for your kind words in regards to our front desk staff, we are very happy that you had a pleasant stay. It was great that you were able to take advantage of our shuttle service from the airport. I hope you visit us again soon and I wish you safe and exiting travels.

Reviewed 10 September 2013

A decent enough place in Coral Gables. The hotel needs some updating, as wallpaper in the bathroom is peeling and the toilet should be replaced. However for the price and location it's pretty good. The service was great except in the restaurant; there it was ridiculously slow. The front desk folks are wonderfully polite, kind, and very helpful. Housekeeping was really great with our request for crib sheets for the pack and play crib they brought up and were very friendly. Good place for my husband and one year old to use as a base for a family visit to my grandmother.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 12 September 2013

Dear Elaine A;

Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff, we are happy to hear that you had a pleasant stay. Your observation of our hotel being in need of updating is well taken and understood. We are in the process of updating all of our public areas including our guest rooms. The project should be completed late 2014, I hope you have plans to visit us after the renovation. Thank you again for taking the time to share your feedback with the TripAdvisor community, we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have safe and exciting travels!

Reviewed 31 August 2013 via mobile

Although my first night wasn't that great ... I found ants all over my mattress !!!
Called the reception, they apologized and moved me to the fifth floor .. The room there was very good ... The negative side was that they tried to charge me for that night but I explained that I basically couldn't sleep because of ants then they decided to not to charge me for that night only!
Overall the hotel is good and I would come back again.

• Stayed: July 2013
aida m, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2013

Dear Ms Wsuwsu;

We are sorry that you were dissapointed the first night of your stay. We have since this incident taken care of the issue, thank you for your feedback during your stay and allowing us to correct the problem immediately. I am thrilled my team was able to exceed your expectations and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have a safe and exciting travels!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
#2 of 12 in Coral Gables
Hotel St. Michel
#6 of 12 in Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!