“Nice hotel in coral gables”

Courtyard Miami Coral Gables
Ranked #4 of 12 Hotels in Coral Gables
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This courtyard is located in a very nice area, not too far from the miracle mile shops and restaurants. the hotel staff was very professional and friendly when we approached them. they have a nice pool area that I never used and their lobby is welcoming. definitely recommend this place as it is affordable.

Room Tip: try to get higher floors and facing the pool. We enjoyed the view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fervijeeo

Reviewed 13 July 2014

We ended up in this hotel thanks toa cancelled flight. The staff at reception was great and did really try to make our checkin and everything quick an smooth. Looked like they had a lot of experience serving frustrated airline passengers
Rooms were nice and clean but our dinner easn't great. We signed our bill, then the waiter learnt we had a voucher therefore he split the bill saying the airline does not pay for the liquors. Both bills ended up on roombill (the room charge also despite the voucher) in the morning. I tried to work it out with the food and beverage person but it was still on at time of checkout. This was dissappointing and made me think how my parents could handle this not speaking English if I can't fix it myself

The real nince assistant general manager assured me not to worry as they'll be all charged to the airline. I am curious to see my credit card balance

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2014

A disappointing two day stay marred by ultra noisy AC which prevented our whole party from getting a good night's sleep twice in a row. The hotel begins refurbishment in October and it really needs it. Extra charge for breakfast which seemed out of line with other hotels of similar standard. The pool was nice.
A couple of days later I checked my credit card statement only to find I have been charged again. They have not yet admitted their mistake and I am furious. Fortunately I can prove it all so they don't have a leg to stand on, but be careful.

Room Tip: Wait till refurbishment begins and ask for a refurbished room as it is not being done all at once
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Dear Ms. Bungah;

I am extremely sorry to read of your experience. This is very contrasting to what we stand for and I assure you not the usual guest experience. I would love to review your folio and look into the charges you mention were made on your credit for additional breakfast. Please feel free to contact myself directly as I would like to have more details to ensure nothing like this gets repeated. We strive to deliver above and beyond customer service.

I sincerely hope you return to see next time the great service we ordinarily excel at. I anticipate hearing from you soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 16 June 2014

Obviously an old hotel that they are trying to get back into shape. The Room we had was just OK with newer carpet and a slightly updated Bathroom. The Pool was on the 2nd floor and was in very good shape, no bar outside to get drinks , as a matter of fact the bar was only opened at dinner time, so you have to bring your own party supplies for the afternoon. Met the Manager and he was very friendly and is trying to a good job with what he has to work with. Has Breakfast till 9:30 AM Buffett was 13.95 that was So-So. The Help at the front desk was always very helpful and always smiling. Stayed from 6-11 to 6-14

Room Tip: Close to the Miami airport about 3-4 miles. The Miracle Mile is only 5 blocks away the there are sev...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Shellfish_8:

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with the TripAdvisor community. While I am disappointed that you found the hotel "just OK", I am thrilled you were able to find us at the Marriott. It warms my heart to see the level of servie my team provided you made a lasting impact on your travel. Please know this property will be undergoing an extensive renovation this coming October 2014. I look forward to welcoming you back with us sometime in the near future and wish you safe and exciting travels.

Reviewed 10 June 2014 via mobile

We stayed there one night to catch a flight to the Caribbean the next day. Everyone at this hotel is very helpful. The customer service is amazing. Everyone has a smile on their face which is very refreshing to see in this industry. The lady at reception Paulette was very knowledgable and curteous.The hotel rooms are very clean and comfortable. Also, the common areas are nice and inviting. Ours had two queen beds, microwave, coffee maker and minifridge.They have a nice breakfast area where they provide continental and hot breakfast. There is coffee and hot water avilable in the morning and water with lemon in the afternoon. The shuttle to/from airport is very convenient and very reliable. We have stayed here once before and everything was just as good last time. There is the miracle mile strip with restaurants very close by. I would recommend this hotel to everyone. A very good deal very close to the airport.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Aida M, General Manager at Courtyard Miami Coral Gables, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear TandpDalla;

Thank you for your kind words in regards to our staff "amazing service", we are very happy that you had a pleasant stay. I am thrilled my team was able to exceed your expectations and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Have a safe and exciting travels!!!!

Kindest Regards,

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at this Courtyard while in FL for business. It does not have the upgraded Lobby most Courtyards have but it meets Courtyard Standards. Rooms are adequate and the fitness center is pretty good and has free weights. The plus is that the location is not far from the CG hot spots for food/drink. If I had business in the area again I would stay here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 27 May 2014

I was flying in to Miami Aiport for a cruise that departs from Fort Lauderdale.After much considerations,I have decided to choose this hotel to stay for 2 nights for the following reasons: 1. I prefer to explore Miami rather than Fort Lauderdale. This hotel is about 6 blocks from Miracle Mile where all the shopping and restaurants are.You can use the free trolley from Miracle Mile (weekdays only) to explore Coral Gables and downtown Miami. 2. There is complimentary airport shuttle that departs hourly from the hotel and on-call basis if you are coming from the airport. You can use the shuttle to connect to downtown and to tri=rail station to go to Fort Lauderdale. From the airport,there is a direct bus to South Beach or you can take the train to Bayside,from Bayside there is direct bus to South Beach 3. The staff are all very courteous and accomodating. The room is huge with a microwave provided. My only comment for further improvement is the hotel shuttle driver. He missed us at the airport and luckily he came back for us. On the last day we checked out on 4th May and took the airport shuttle to the airport at 11am. We told the driver whether he can drop us at the nearest point to take a airport shuttle to the tri-rail station. He said he didnt know and we ended up in American airlines area,dragging our big bags to find where the shuttle is. As someone who goes in and out from the airport,we expect the drive to have better knowledge of the airport.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Gables
Hyatt Regency Coral Gables
#2 of 12 in Coral Gables
Hotel St. Michel
#6 of 12 in Coral Gables
Coconut Grove
Hampton By Hilton Miami-Coconut Grove/Coral Gables

Been to Courtyard Miami Coral Gables? Share your experiences!