Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 20 February 2014

Had a business conference and all went so smooth. All my associates left but I had to stsy a few more days. I was hesitant to go to the bar by myself but didn't want to go to my room. The bartender Adrienne was so nice. She made me feel like we were friends hanging out. She erased my discomfort of being a lone woman at a bar. I even ate dinner and she introduced me to other guests. I wound up having a great time without having to be locked in my room. Really nice staff. Looking forward to my next visit here. Very friendly atmosphere.

• Stayed: September 2013
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us and your kind words. Adrienne is a valuable part of the team and we will recognize her for this exceptional service. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed here on business with a number of colleagues at a conference. The place is about an hour from Miami airport. Staff are very friendly. Place is clean. Rooms are well presented, spacious with TV, iron, etc. I had a balcony view over looking the golf course which was really nice. Food here is good. My only complaint was my room was noisy during the night as it was close to the vending machine. We played some golf on the adjoining Heron Bay golf club, which was fantastic. Again, the staff were very friendly and helpful. All round a great place to hold a conference, or just stay for a golfing holiday.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback. We really enjoyed having your conference here. I apologize for the noise issues. A quick tip for future reference is to check into Ft. Lauderdale airport, only 30 minutes from hotel with easy access. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

We had a reservation which was prepaid and guaranteed.We got to the hotel and our room was given away and hotel full due to cancelled airline flights, Excuse me.. walk ins should be told they have no room when they have a paid for reservation for the room. We stay there every 3 months when we come into town for business so we had a relationship with the hotel. Will think twice about using a marriott in the future,.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business

Thank you for your feedback. I am very sorry we did not have accommodations for you. Please contact me directly the next time you are in town so that I can do something nice for you and make sure this does not happen again.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

I stayed here for a business meeting. I was scheduled for two nights, but checked out after the first night. This property is way too expensive for what you get. Abysmal internet service (for $9.50). When I commented to the desk clerk, she agreed, noting that the internet service in the lobby was bad as well.

Come on folks, it's 2014. If you can't give your customers reliable high-speed internet, you're out of the game. You lost me as a customer.

When I drove up to check in, no one was around to say welcome, can I help you with your luggage, here's how and where to park your car. Nothing, no one. Seems kinda blasé for $250/night.

Oh -- and zero recognition of my Marriott Rewards status at check-in.

Sorry, not the place for me.

And I got a message on my phone enabling me to check in remotely, but that didn't seem to work.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 12 February 2014

Thank you for your feedback. I apologize for the lack of customer service during your stay and will use this as a teachable moment to the team. Although we do meet the Marriott standard requirements for internet, we are upgrading the system this summer in an effort to make it even better. I am sorry to hear you will not be back due to these issues. Should you decide to give us another chance please contact me directly.

Reviewed 8 February 2014

My wife an I stayed at the hotel for two weeks in January. We received a reduced rate for our stay through Marriott reservations. This is the second time we have stayed at this hotel. The staff was extremely friendly, the service was excellent, the rooms were very nice and the restaurant food was delicious (a very good breakfast buffet). The hotel is conveniently located near Fort Lauderdale and the coastal towns (Del Ray Beach, Boca Raton, Boynton Beach, etc.). For the golfers, the course (Heron Bay) is a short walk from the hotel. I shipped my clubs to the pro shop and they were waiting for me when we arrived. A well designed track in very good condition. If you are looking for a nice, friendly place to stay, we recommend this Marriott hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a golf course view.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Thank you for staying with us and for your kind words. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay and the beautiful grounds. We hope you come back and see us again soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

It was a nice hotel, staff I don't think was as friendly as the other Marriott i stayed at. the bed was uncomfortable though...it hurt my back a little and it was even worse for my boyfriend who actually went and got a back brace just in case that is how bad it was for him. it was a spacious room, was a little disappointed that there was no mini fridge and you have to pay 5.00 bucks for parking. the pool area was nice and the lobby was clean and a nice little place to have a few drinks. we ate in the restaurant there which was pretty good as well for dinner. i probably would not stay here again if i was going with my boyfriend because of the bed issue...if i was traveling without him then i may!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 6 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for the feedback. I am sorry to hear that you thought the bed was uncomfortable. Since I do not have your last name, please let me know the room number and I will look into it.

Reviewed 3 February 2014

"could have been a winner"..great potential, but poor customer service. As a gold Marriott rewards member, you would have thought our room by 5:30 pm would have been ready. Nope...it was not.
Their consolation was Free parking in their huge parking lot, which they recently decided to charge $5. for, so ridiculous, it's insulting. I have been there many times before and the lot was always free.
When I finally got my room, it was fine, nothing special, but I got a golf course view.
It's unfortunate that there is no longer a relationship to the golf course, Heron Bay, next door. I was able to get a less expensive tee time on line, than through the hotel.
This hotel should really find someone who has a mind for strategy to figure out where they are going....and also review their staff training.,
Sorry, I"m usually not so unreasonable, but this place just did not have it together.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2014

Thank you for staying with us and for your feedback. We have a great partnership with the golf course and our guests get special rates to play the golf course as well as discounts at the golf academy. Guests can also charge items from the golf course in pro-shop, restaurant and lounge to their guest room bills. The staff here is trained daily and it shows in our Marriott Quality score of 93.3%. I am sorry you did not enjoy the hotel during your visit and we will use your feedback to improve.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Springs
#25 of 131 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs University Dr
Comfort Suites Sawgrass

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Address: 11775 Heron Bay Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33076-1941 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)
Region: United States > Florida > Broward County > Coral Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Price Range: £105 - £197 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center 3.5*
Discover the spectacular Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center; a proud member of the Florida Green Lodging Program, our hotel is within minutes of everything you need for a weekend gateway, golf retreat, wedding or meeting. A golfer's paradise, our Coral Springs hotel features an on-site world-class course, Golf Academy and lighted driving range. With fine and festive dining, shopping, beaches, spas and casinos all just minutes away, escape to a tropical paradise where you can have it all. Enjoy walking and biking trails, and airboat rides through the Florida Everglades. As the official Coral Springs hotel of the NHL's Florida Panthers spend an evening at a hockey game, world-class concert or event at the Bank of Atlantic Center. This Coral Springs hotel's convention space measures close to 18,000 sq ft to complement our 224 guest rooms and suites, making it an ideal location for your next meeting or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club Hotel Coral Springs