Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
GreenLeadersBronze level
New York City, New York
“Pre-cruise stay”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed at Marriott as a stop over for a cruise. I have to say that Adrienne & Michael were a delight. I don't normally hang out at the bar but they were so friendly and nice. They were like my own tour guide of the area. They were helpful and wonderful company. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for staying with us and recognizing some of our exceptional Hosts. We look forward to seeing you again on your next cruise.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (181)
  • Hebrew first
Clermont, Florida
Reviewed 1 July 2014 via mobile

This is a nice hotel. However... Here for a bowling tournament for my son. Normal price on the room $350, but here on convention rate. I've stayed in less expensive accomodations that had a fridge, free wifi in the rooms and free continental breakfast. Not too keen on the fact they charge $5/day for parking and $5/day if you want a fridge in the room. We are here for a week. You pay $350/night normally you would think that stuff would be included.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Madamela40
Thank you for staying with us. Our rates this time of yoear range anywhere from $109-$189. Not sure where you saw $350/night but we are not that expensive. Our guests see alot of value in our hotel with complimentary pool, cabanas, jacuzzi, sauna, fire pit, walking paths, etc... We do appreciate your feedback.
Sebring, Florida
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a weekend... For my parents 50th anniversary .Couldn't of asked for a better stay... The food was great and hotel is awesome. The staff is very friendly especially Rob and Ramsey.... We cannot wait to return for another weekend.....thanks for everything!!!

Stayed June 2014
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Thank you for your kind words! We appreciate your business and are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay. Rob and Ramsey are exceptional Hosts and I will share your comments with them. We look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel down the road.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 27 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for an entire week on a business trip. I am a nursing mom and came prepared to pump while I was away from my child for 6 days by calling in advance to ensure there would be a refrigerator in my room. When I arrived there was no refrigerator in my room. I waited 20 minutes and a refrigerator was delivered to my room.

On the morning of my last day I stopped at the front desk to pay my room service bill. I then asked what time I needed to check out. I was told they just checked me out of the room. I replied that I left my belongings in the room because I need to pump just before check out at 11:45. The person at the front desk told me they would not check anyone into the room and that I could stop at the front desk for a key at 11:45 to pump.

I arrived at the front desk at 11:45 and spoke to the same individual who told me someone had checked into my room. I was astonished.

I then asked where all of my belongings were being stored because the following was still in the room I left:

* All of my pump parts, washed and laying on a towel on the sink.
* My pump, sitting on the sink.
* An empty cooler on top of the fridge.
* A cooler in the fridge which contained 2 full bottles of milk and 3 bags of milk.

I was told there was nothing in the room, there was never a fridge in the room, and that an "inspector" went through the room and nothing was found.

This message was repeated to me three more times.

Moments later, other hotel employees were called including the head of housekeeping. I asked if I could go check the room for my belongings and I was told no. Due to the setup of the hotel I was able to see the head of housekeeping approach a housekeeper next to her cart. It was then I saw her retrieve a clear bag which contained what looked my pump parts. I immediately took the elevator up to that floor to retrieve my items.

I was ushered into a back room and asked to remain calm. I opened the clear bag to find my pump, one empty cooler, and my pump parts. It was then I asked for my full cooler which contained all of my expressed milk. I was told there was nothing else. I exited the room and approached the housekeeping cart with the head of housekeeping. She reached into several bags of trash and questioned the housekeeper who continued to say she had no idea what we were talking about. She then retrieved my empty cooler. I again asked about the milk. Moments later she pulled out two full bottles of milk in a knotted plastic bag but no bags of milk.

At this time I asked, "Why would you go through the cooler and choose to throw away some items and bag others." I received no answer. After continual asking, the housekeeper then said she threw the bags of milk away because as she proclaimed, "they were bags of milk."

I took all of my belongings and went back to the front desk. I asked for a room where I could go to pump. I will say- I was given a clean room to pump in. At this time, the employee at the front desk apologized to me on several occasions for allowing this to happen.

I'm writing this review for several reasons.
1. I was absolutely mortified that this took place. While away from my child I had no choice but to pump multiple times throughout the day. Dealing with this, storing milk, freezing milk, and traveling with milk is no small task. In addition, it's terribly personal and was now made extremely public.

2. The entire incident should never have happened. I should not have been checked out. No one should have checked in the room. My items should not have been taken from the room. Nothing should have been thrown away. It was handled inappropriately.

3. I want other moms to be aware of what happened so they will reconsider where they stay in the future.

At the conclusion of this incident my husband called the hotel to express his frustration for what I had to deal with. He let the manager know that we would not be staying at the hotel in the future, however he expected for this to be made "right." Neither of us knew exactly what that should look like, as we never expected this to happen. He was told the manager would speak to the general manager and call him back. At this time- he has received no call.

We are very disappointed with the way the employees at the hotel handled this situation. It's very unfortunate.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank LGchicago12
I am very grateful that you provided this feedback to us. Anything less than a positive experience is unacceptable and I would love to speak with you in regards to this. Can you please take a moment to reach out to me directly at (954) 277-4119 or through email Justin.nels@jqh.com with your contact information? You and your feedback matter and help us improve. Thanks again for taking the time to communicate with us about your recent stay.
Florida
Reviewed 27 June 2014

We stayed at this Marriott for a sporting event and were comfortable but not wowed. If you are noise sensitive at all, be sure to request a corner room because the rooms circling the atrium (on every floor) are not insulated enough to keep out the noise from the bar/lounge on the ground floor. The rooms are comfortable- nice duvets and pillows. They may be a little understaffed as our simple request for bedding for the pull-out needed extra reminders but the staff was friendly and wanted to be helpful. Breakfast was pricey but the buffet was complete and high-quality. They also charge for WiFi...who does that anymore???

Room Tip: Pick a corner room (any floor) for maximum comfort and quiet.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for staying with us and your feedback. I apologize for the delays in responding to your needs. We will use your comments to improve and hope you give us another chance down the road.
Naples, Florida
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Consistent Marriott quality, comfort and service. Nice hotel, great service, good location. We stayed here for three nights. Room was large, clean and comfortable. Bathroom was clean.

I was surprised to find NO mini-refrigerator in the room. Call the front desk if you want one.

They do charge for overnight parking.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
CSMarriott, General Manager at Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Thank you for choosing to stay with us. You are correct in reference to the refrigerators. Although a handful of rooms have them, we do have others available to be delivered to rooms needing them.
We hope you come back and visit us again soon.
Chicago
Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife and i were in the area for family matters for about 4 days. Every day was busy and long but each night we came back to this Marriott and it was like coming back home. Manager always seemed to be around , Anthony McBride, to greet us as tired warriors. Water bottle in hand.

Hotel was not busy so he gave us a nice upgrade. Concierge lounge was clean and tasty each morning to get us going into the day. Staff could not have been more friendly.

i always think of resorts as a destination vacation place but this time we chose a resort as a hotel for "traveling". Thought the nice accomodations would be a good change from our work days. It turned out better than I thought.

Sometimes it only takes a single employee to make the difference. This time it did. Teh night manager Anthony. I will be back.

Room Tip: Stay off 2nd floor. Get as high as you can.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words. I am not surprised to hear that Anthony made your stay more enjoyable. He constantly strives to deliver the best customer service and I am very proud of him. We hope you come back and see us again soon.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
Fort Lauderdale Marriott North
#14 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center

Property: Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center
Address: 11775 Heron Bay Blvd, Coral Springs, FL 33076-1941 (Formerly Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center)
Region: United States > Florida > Broward County > Coral Springs
Bar / Lounge Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3.5 star — Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center 3.5*
Discover the spectacular Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club and Convention Center; a proud member of the Florida Green Lodging Program, our hotel is within minutes of everything you need for a weekend gateway, golf retreat, wedding or meeting. A golfer's paradise, our Coral Springs hotel features an on-site world-class course, Golf Academy and lighted driving range. With fine and festive dining, shopping, beaches, spas and casinos all just minutes away, escape to a tropical paradise where you can have it all. Enjoy walking and biking trails, and airboat rides through the Florida Everglades. As the official Coral Springs hotel of the NHL's Florida Panthers spend an evening at a hockey game, world-class concert or event at the Bank of Atlantic Center. This Coral Springs hotel's convention space measures close to 18,000 sq ft to complement our 224 guest rooms and suites, making it an ideal location for your next meeting or social occasion. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., getaroom.com, Hotel.de and HotelQuickly so you can book your Fort Lauderdale Marriott Coral Springs Hotel, Golf Club & Convention Center reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Coral Springs Marriott Hotel, Golf Club Hotel Coral Springs