“First visit was pretty good”
Review of Tijuana Taxi Co.

Tijuana Taxi Co.
Ranked #16 of 297 Restaurants in Coral Springs
Cuisines: Mexican, Southwestern, Bar, Pub
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly, Kids, Bar Scene
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Delray Beach, Florida
“First visit was pretty good”
Reviewed 16 February 2014

It was our daughter-in-laws birthday, so my wife and I took the whole family out to dinner. There were seven of us, three kids ages 9, 12 and 13 and four adults. We are no strangers to Mexican food and usually find ourselves at nearby El Mariachi, but having seen Tijuana Taxi from the street, we decided to give it a try. Since it was a busy Saturday night, they were not able to seat our party inside the restaurant, but offered us a table outside. It was a cool, night, and we accepted. My only view of the actual restaurant was as we passed through to the patio area. It was Tijuana glitzy and very noisy, but looked like a nice dining room. Outside turned out to be much quieter and I actually liked it better. The only negative was that smoking is allowed in the outside dining area, and the hostess did not inform us of that. Halfway through the meal we started smelling the smoke, which was a real turnoff. The manager came to our table to apologize for the oversight in not telling us in advance. As for the food, it was great. They started us with complimentary nacho chips and salsa and refreshed the bowls when we finished the first round. My chicken fajitas were delicious and the portion was huge, as was my son's mahi-mahi fajitas and my daughter-in-laws steak fajitas. The chicken quesadia was also very good. My wife, who lives on salads, loved her Pepe Loco salad, which was served with a side chicken quesadia. The 9 year old only wanted a hamburger, but seemed to enjoy what they served him. In general, the service was pretty good, except that there was a bit of a wait for the food to arrive. Before we could complain, the server explained that the kitchen had gotten hit with a large order the same time she put our order in, but our food was coming right out. Within a minute we all had our food in front of us. As for the prices, I could not have been happier. At a little over $100, this was one of the cheaper meals for our family. I would like to return and try the inside of the restaurant next time. I will trade the smoke for the noise any day.

• Visited February 2014

Santa Fe, New Mexico
“Wednesday is rib night”
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Delicious BBQ ribs + 2 sides (full rack of baby backs) for $9.99
It's crowded and noisy, TVs going all around you. Busy bar scene. Funky décor!
Good service, great food, great prices.

• Visited January 2014
Miami, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“First time and surprisingly good”
Reviewed 13 January 2014 via mobile

Went in for the first time and the atmosphere catches your eye right away, pricing was reasonable, food was decent I would like to go back ,only problem is im from Miami so its a long trip

Coral Springs, Florida
“The most kid-friendly service I've ever had, thanks to a great server and a smart owner”
Reviewed 11 January 2014

We have a 3 year old, and sometimes you can see the look of horror on a server's face as they notice the munchkin. Brittany was our server last night, and I don't think we've ever had someone be anywhere near as accommodating and attentive to our needs as she was. Keep in mind, this was a VERY BUSY Friday night, and with nothing but smiles, she had the kitchen split up our queso app into two bowls, so our daughter could "have her own" - ahhh, the independent phase has begun. Extra spoons because there are now 3 under our table, no problem! Whatever we needed, she was happy to help - and never once made us feel like we were being too demanding or that she needed us to hurry up so she could turn over the table. Anyone going to this location with kids in tow, you should definitely request Brittany.

Kuddos to the owner too. We've been to this spot several times and we're always able to bribe our child to eat better because she knows we'll let her use the claw machine when she's done. Last night our table was only 20 feet from the machine, so she was bubbling with anticipation all through dinner. And then just as she ate her last bite, the owner had to turn off the machine. She was instantly heartbroken, but instead of simply standing his ground and saying that it had to be off right then, he actually offered to open up the machine and let our daughter pick out any stuffed animal she wanted. Well played sir, well played.

• Visited January 2014
“Sunday's Kids eat as low as 99 cents”
Reviewed 7 January 2014

Tijuana Taxi is a good place to go to eat on Sunday nights. Kids meals are as low as 99 cents each to $2.99 for bigger portions. My son is now much bigger and plays 6th grade football so he needs the bigger meal to satsify him. The $2.99 meal works well for him. My wife and I will go for a salad or fajitas according to our hunger. We leave on a Sunday night with satisfied hunger and wallets.

Visited December 2013