“UT-OH…Geeez Mr. Maitre De…don't get your panties in a wad!”

Tavolino Della Nonna
Ranked #4 of 326 Restaurants in Coral Springs
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 22 May 2014

This place is three-fold…to the left is the lounge with full stage and night club seating…elegant curved bar divides the lounge from the dining room…oh and don't let me forget the oh so adorable "Grandma's kitchen" where everything authentic from the 50's works…refrigerator, sink, stove and yes you can reserve to have dinner in Grandma's kitchen.

The night we went we seated ourselves in the lounge because it was late, the 6 piece jazz band was blown' the notes and we were lovin' in…ordered some appetizers and cocktails and my GF wanted to show me Grandma's kitchen...UT OH…we were verbally abused by the maitre de FRANKO when we passed thru to go see Grandma's kitchen…he was appallingly obnoxious by yelling at us because we of all things "sat ourselves"…it wasn't as if there was a line and we cut in front of many standing there and no seats available, we certainly did have our choice and that's exactly what a paying customer with cash would do…choose their seat. Mr. Obnoxious, please take note, customers like us pay your salary! It's really simple, you have a choice, be nice or obnoxious…choose obnoxious if you don't want the customers to return…I often ask myself how people like this keep their jobs?!?

Enough said…onto he F & B…anti pas to DELISH, mussels marinara OMG we also ordered the hummus (can't go wrong with hummus right?!?) and the of course had to have a piece of Tiramisu…YUM!!! Well, next time we go, if Franko gives me an earful I am not going to be as courteous as I was the first time…I will however accept his apology though...

Reviewed 21 April 2014

I love this restaurant , it's south beach style dinning in Coral Springs , I believe it is pricey but you get what u pay for, great food, well worth it! The service is by far excellent ,most of the time, I feel there are a few waiters that have a very bad attitude, and the one has been there a long time, hoping someone will get rid of him, the rest are soooooo good! I really love the food, we eat out all over the United States and still would put the restaurant at the top 10! I believe people will find a complaint about a restaurant strictly because of prices, if you want to eat good food in a beautiful atmosphere , with quality chefs it's gonna cost you, that's a fact! Love it there!

3  Thank Dottie R
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

Dining in Coral Springs is always a challenge since many a good restaurant have closed. However this is the best restaurant in town with a fantastic chef and the best Italian food I have tasted in this area.
Any complaints from people tell me that they might have had a bad day..but this place had been consistently great.
Ed owns the place and his some works there as well. The Italian dishes are like his grandmother used to make. Everything is fresh and their specials are incredible. Don't leave without their home made desserts and of course their coffee Italian style .
They have entertainment as well on Wednesday through Saturday. A place that you need very want to miss when in town.

1  Thank cellantenna
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Very dark could not read the menu, told us to order now because they could not serve us latter.
Tuck 45 minutes to have a bottle of wine, the food was so so, bat service and overprice.
First and last time we will dine there.

3  Thank Joseph N
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We waited 1 hour and 15 min for our entrée to be told the kitchen is "overwhelmed" and "we are busy". Not my problem. Arrogant owner and maître d who cater to "regulars". Waiter offered to bring our meal in 60 seconds if we decided to stay. Too bad - food is good, lousy service and attitude by the entire staff. They feed off the owner. Too many other places to spend my money.

1  Thank Lynn R