“Love the churrasco!”
Review of Meyer's Latin Bistro - CLOSED

Meyer's Latin Bistro
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Cuisines: Latin, Spanish, Puerto Rican, Mexican, Caribbean, Cuban, Central American
Dining options: Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout
Description: We specialize on a Unique Fusion of Latin Cuisine from all around. We provide private functions, corporate events, holiday parties and on & off-site catering service. Meyer's Latin Bistro is the newest and undoubtedly the most flavorful restaurant in Coral Springs. Local residents of Coral Springs and Parkland voted this restaurant as the "Best Latin American Cuisine 2011 & 2012." Step into the warm and inviting decor and prepare yourself to have a dining experience with a variety of delicious dishes prepared with passion by owner and Executive Chef, Meyer Pinchassow (a Colombian Native). He only uses the finest ingredients to prepare something for every palate, from fish to chicken to meats on the grill as well as a variety of salads and sandwiches; the extensive menu includes interpretations of dishes from Cuba, Puerto Rico, Peru, Mexico and more; Latin favorites include Mofongo, Ceviches, Paella, Churrasco, Ropa Vieja and more.
FORT LAUDERDALE
“Love the churrasco!”
Reviewed 10 January 2013

Very tasty fresh food. Don't let the construction in the plaza steer you away. Give them a try and tell 'em Fork Notes sent ya!

Visited December 2012

Hollywood, Florida
“Surprising Neighborhood Gem!”
Reviewed 31 December 2012

We had seen this place a number of times coming in and out of Pet Supermarket but never thought to go in. I saw a groupon one day and thought what the heck let's try it...and are we ever glad we DID!!! We have been back 3 times already and every time the food is great. Every dish that comes out of the kitchen looks phenomenal but we can't seem to pull oursevles away from the ceviche and the mofongo. The Mixto Ceviche is the best ceviche I have ever tased and a generous portion. The Mixed Seafood Mofongo is hearty and exploding with flavor. You guys are doing it right that is for sure!

• Visited December 2012
“DONT WASTE YOUR TIME OR $$$$!!!”
Reviewed 3 November 2012

First of all, my wife and i who love latin food were really excited about trying this place out... Upon arrival we found very friendly staff and waitress but place felt and looked cheesy... Again our waitress was wonderful and helpful with menu choices BUT the stale chips and bland salsa was a warning sign that we should have left after our drinks... The cerviche was horrible!!!! We made it clear to the waitress that my wife was allergic to shell fish and she recomended a snapper special that when it came out " it was full of shrimp & clams..lol. When we reminded her she took it back and returned within 3 mins and said ok they removed the shellfish... What??? Really??? The owner and chef was present in the kitchen and should have known better than to risk an allergic reaction to a customer....my mofungal and steak were tasty but when we recieved the bill it was ridiculos!!!! Very expensive and i cant imagine this place being in business for very long.... Stay away people im a food lover who spends alot of time and money eating good and bad food around the world...i give this place a 3 on a 10 scale!!!!!!

Claudia C, Owner at Meyer's Latin Bistro, responded to this review, 6 November 2012
Brett,
I regret that you were disappointed, It was centainly a miscommunication issue, I asked Monica what had happened and she did not mention about the allergies and that is why the seafood was removed and the dish was not replaced. I do know better than to risk any and all allergy reaccions or any customer dissatisfaction, I take it very seriously and had I been aware of your concerns, I would have made every effort to rectify the situation.
.Rest assured that what you describe is certainly not the norm and falls short of our standards and your comments will be used in our staff training initiatives, so that we may be able to provide you with a better experience on your next visit.
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Great place!”
Reviewed 28 October 2012

Made first visit to this restaurant last Friday with my wife, two daughters, son-in-law and the three grandkids(3 to 5 years old). Mojitos (regular and mango) are good!! Tried a few appetizers like the empanadas, the ceviche and the morcilla and chorizo. All were pretty good. It would have been better with bread and not chips, but still enjoyed very much. We ordered four mofongos (pork, shrimp and churrasco as proteins) and all were excellent, tasty and well prepared. Ordered entree of pork and rice and beans for the kids to share and it was goog as they eat it all. Ordered only one dessert, flan, and it was very good and well presented. The ambiance is great with live music played by a gentleman with an electric piano. Had the chance to accompany with a pair of congas available in stage and got a round of applause from the crowded restaurant. And not to forget Monica, our server, she was great. Very patient and provided excellent service. Meyer came to our table once we got our food to make sure everything was OK. Will get back next time in the area.

• Visited October 2012
1 Thank Cruzannibal
Kathy
thank you very much for your comments, and we hope to see you soon.
Deerfield Beach, Florida
“Not very impressive”
Reviewed 23 October 2012

We had a discount coupon so we thought we'd give it a try since my wife and I both really love good latin food. It's a good thing we had a coupon since their prices are higher than similar restaurants. The food was good but nothing special enough to justify the higher prices. I guess they pay more for rent in a strip shopping center and have to pass it on? We ordered water to drink and it was served warm with a couple of small pieces of ice. We asked for ice and they brought a glass of ice with some sort of food stuck to the outside of the glass. Maybe the server had just chopped some cilantro and didn't get it all off? who knows.

I had high hopes for this place based on some reviews I had read but I was disappointed.

• Visited October 2012