“This place is nice”

Studio 6 Ft Lauderdale - Coral Springs
Ranked #5 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Reviewed 19 February 2014

Stayed here on valentine weekend 2014...I was surprise to pulled up and see how nice the place look from the outside..then after check into the room I was even more please.. This is a really nice place to stay with good price..I was searching everywhere for a hotel but all was booked or the price was sky high. But I am happy that I found Studio 6..I was afraid to go there because of a few of he negative reviews but I am glad to see for myself( its a nice place) Keep up the good work Studio 6. Continue to give excellent service and keeping place clean....

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Faith C

Reviewed 27 December 2013

This hotel is at Sawgrass Expwy and University, making it convenient to about everywhere. The exterior is top shape, looking like fresh paint throughout. We got a newly refurbished suite for $100 / night. The faux wood floors are gorgeous, and everything was new throughout except the tub fixtures. You will be quite pleased with this "6".

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Freq_WE_Traveler
Reviewed 13 December 2013

A couple of nights into my stay, I noticed a roach munching on my protein bar. Where there's one, yep, there are many. I spoke to the woman at the desk. No apology. I guess it's that common. She offered to spray, but said my dog & I would have to stay out for several
hours. I passed on the poison & bought my own roach motel. The springs on the mattress were bulging through the surface. Ouch! No apology or assistance from mgmt. Had to buy pad to be able to sleep. Complete indifference to issues, which is unfortunate. How hard is it to say, "I'm sorry." Do NOT expect it here. The cleaning staff was friendly. The mgmt screwed up the schedule, so they came 2 days late (9 days before room was cleaned). And...no apology or concern from mgmt. Badly mildewed carpet made the room smell like something died. Strong candle didn't mask odor. Other residents had similar complaints. Find another place to stay. It's not worth it.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank OK200000
Motel6, Public Relations Manager at Studio 6 Ft Lauderdale - Coral Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Dear OK200000, Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We sincerely apologize
for your unpleasant stay. Please kindly contact our Guest Relations department so they
can have a record of your experience to help us provide you and our other guests with
better service in the future: 1-800-577-3435.

Reviewed 2 July 2013

Although the room was good they really need to renovate which they will be doing in August.I did not know that they charged 5.25 for wi-fi for a one night stay or for one week. I think i will wait till they renovate to stay there again. Bed was very comfortable air condition was just ok, would have liked it a little bit cooler.

Room Tip: No pool, no restaurant but thank goodness 7-11 was literally 100 feet from the rooms
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 17 May 2013

While we did not need a room with the kitchenette, this was all we were able to get to for the evening and it was actually a very nice place to stay. Neat and clean, plenty of towels, microwave, the little kitchenette for "extended stays", full fridge and plates, bowls, utensils, etc. The motel was very well groomed as far as the grounds and there was plenty of parking. My only complaints were first, as we travel with our cat, the pet fee was $10 (normally Motel 6 does not charge for pets) and they wanted a $25 deposit for the pet which was refunded at check-out once they checked the room. Also, the internet at almost all Motel 6's is $3.99 or less - this one charged $5.25! Per device! I found the woman checking us in to be very "snippy" and as we leave for work early, needing the $25 deposit refunded, we had to wait til 7 AM when someone opened the office. I was not impressed with the attitude of the morning woman either. While we did not have any "bug problems" to deal with as indicated by other reviews, I did find the price a little high for the "suite"/kitchenette style room. I have found that LaQuinta hotels offer just as much and charge less. Still overall, not a bad stay.

Room Tip: If you need a kitchenette style place for a longer stay, this would be an okay place to go. Otherwi...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank ginny110411
Reviewed 8 September 2012

bad customer service, dirty smelly mattress and box spring, rug needs to be cleaned, bad smell in room and many ants all over. constant police called for distribance and people fighting, cleaning people nice. area near sawgrass expressway noisy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
5  Thank linda a
Reviewed 1 April 2012

Like an apartment away from home. Walk in closet, kitchen with bar stools, huge bathroom, comfy beds, nice place!

Stayed: March 2012
Universal Palms Hotel
#101 of 127 in Fort Lauderdale
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs South
Hampton Inn & Suites Coconut Creek

Been to Studio 6 Ft Lauderdale - Coral Springs? Share your experiences!