“Uh Oh. Now I'm Not Sure What to Say”

Joe's Pizza & Pasta
Ranked #132 of 310 Restaurants in Coral Springs
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed 9 August 2014

It is always interesting to try a place out before reading the reviews. Last night our family decided to stop by this pizza restaurant located in a strip mall. It has pleasant decor and usually looks busy. We were immediately greeted upon seating ourselves, and found service overall to be very good.

We then started with the garlic rolls, which were served hot and extra (super duper extra) buttery. We could hardly contain our excitement. But then we bit into it and were shocked at how bitter the garlic was (almost like horseradish) - not sure what caused that but it didn't sit well with the rolls. We ordered three meals: pizza, eggplant parmigiana, and fettucini alfredo.

The pizza (pepperoni) was pretty good. It was served piping hot. Compared to some local competitors I am not sure it had the quality we were hoping for. The eggplant . . . one of my favorite meals usually . . . there was just something that didn't work for me. It almost seemed like it had been sitting in the freezer or something, which resulted in a mushy consistency and (I am pretty darn sure) a freezer-burned undertone. The fettuccine was a hit, with a mega portion for the cost.

So then I came home and read the reviews, which are overall outstanding. So this is where I hold back what I was going to declare (that I won't try them again), and say I'll check them out another time . . . I am hoping it was just a fluke (or maybe my tastebuds are broken!).

Reviewed 14 July 2014

My review of this place is very negative only because our orders were messed up. I had only time for a quick bite and ordered salad without olives but received with olives. The salad was taken away by the waiter when pointed out. It came back within 2 minutes. We have never received garlic rolls. I ordered sub with sausages and cheese but received sub with sausages and green pepper. I was very upset I had to eat something I didn't want and didn't have time to wait for another one. The staff is a bunch of 15 years old boys and they just don't care. The food was good.

Reviewed 18 June 2014

We keep returning and each time it's just at great if not better than the last! I adore the 375 ml basket bottles of Chianti and order one every time we go. At $10.95 for two glasses of wine, you can beat that. Additionally the food is extremely fresh, those garlic rolls are the best and the entrees come out steaming hot. This time we tried a special with chicken, artichoke hearts and mushrooms and always sub the pasta for steamed broccoli everything is delish!! Very large portions so we've learned to sit next to each other in a booth and share an entree…it's cozy and makes $en$e…especially when you can't control yourself with the garlic rolls! There is a steady stream of customers in and out picking up pizza and their square deep dish looks amazing!! All the servers are very friendly especially Maurice, and the decor is simply yet adorable...Great neighborhood gem...

Reviewed 21 February 2014

Perfect pizza! Made perfect every time. We have had our pizza delivered or we have picked it up. Always hot and delicious,

Reviewed 25 November 2013

We found Joe's on a fluke many months ago. We had one meal and we were hooked. The food is consistently tasty. The portions are ample. I love the chicken cacciatore and my Mom loves the chicken parmesan. The service is great...ambience inviting. Try it; you will like it.