“Could be better”

Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
South Florida, USA
“Could be better”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

On a quest for something new and different, we decided to try Delice Paradise French Restaurant in Coral Springs. While the experience was pleasant enough, there was nothing in particular that encouraged us to make a return visit. The place was practically empty when we were there. (More people accidentally wandered in looking for the pizza place next door.) While the prices are fair and the portions generous, there was nothing memorable or outstanding. The Blanquette de Veau was lacking in presentation and any seasoning or flavor. My wife’s Whitefish, and our guest’s Saumon, likewise. Even the French Onion Soup was unremarkable. Altogether, our party of four described the meal as “bland,” which about sums it up. Having said this, it is only fair to say that we recently returned from a month-long journey through France, where every meal, (city, town or rural), was a delight. It is our opinion, the Delice Paradise, with a little more effort, could better represent French cuisine. Coral Springs dinner guests would be grateful.

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank robbgrimm

South Florida, Florida
“As Good as Paris...Half the Price”
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I spent most of the month of May touring France, and decided to try this local French restaurant based on its wonderful reviews to extend our vacation. For starters, I ordered the French onion soup and she ordered the escargot. Both were better than the same dishes we ate in Paris only a month earlier.....perfectly prepared....was the best French onion soup I have been served in many years and my wife just raved about her escargot. For our entrees we had the beef bourguignon and the lamb stew. My lamb stew was good, but her bourguignon was really excellent. Reminded her of the small French restaurants on 57th Street in Manhattan before they were all driven out of business by excessive rent increases. The wine was very reasonably priced, and the service was also very good....some of the most friendly and helpful staff in South Florida. The restaurant is owned and operated by two French chefs and their wives...truly a family business. The atmosphere was quaint...tables close to each other...gave us opportunity to talk to other patrons about their meals...worked out well for us as we followed their recommendations and were very pleased. Since we were the last ones in the restaurant they gave us a complimentary "taste" of desert. Very nice touch. All in all a very nice evening...we will be back...so many more interesting dishes to check out!

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank MartyB33
Coral Springs, Florida
“Nice little French Restaurant”
Reviewed 29 June 2014

My wife and I recently came here based on reviews and we were not disappointed. We came for dinner on a Saturday night. The food from the appetizers to the entrees to the deserts were very good. The waitress was a young girl who was nice but seemed very timid and did not seem very knowledgeable about the menu. But, the older lady who was helping out the younger lady was very nice and knowledgeable. The atmosphere was nice and very cafe like. With a glass display case full of pastries and knick-knacks on the walls. We will come back now that we found this new little Gem!

• Visited June 2014
2 Thank jcfahrer
Pompano Beach, Florida
“Will brag to all my guests”
Reviewed 24 May 2014

I was recommended to eat here from a guest of my hotel. I am so happy I tried it even though it is quite a distance for me to travel. The food and service was definitely worth the trip. I can't wait to go back and eat here again. There are a lot of French restaurants in South Florida, but this is the best I have ever been to. Did I say the price was reasonable even for such delectable cuisine. My only wish is that this place was within walking distance from my home.

I will tell all my guests about this place and hope they take my recommendation for their own pleasure.

• Visited May 2014
2 Thank Karen K
Andover, Massachusetts
“Lovely French bistro”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

For breakfast - get their croissants, especially the chocolate or almond. They will bring happiness to your tongue and make you feel good through the day. Regretfully they do not open early, but if you like a later breakfast, this is a great place to go to. Very friendly and helpful. Wonderful coffee (decaf). They also do dinner and have had marvelous dinners here. Highly recommended!

Visited May 2014