“Wow”

Runyon's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 314 Restaurants in Coral Springs
Price range: US$15 - US$45
Cuisines: Seafood, Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: Closed July 2, 2017 for renovation. Opening later in July. Coral Spring’s landmark spot for lunch, dinner, happy hour and parties since 1984. At Runyon’s you’ll feel like a regular from the moment you walk through the door. Here you can enjoy an amazing array of superb hand cut steaks and chops grilled to perfection, day boat fish, fresh seafood, salads, classic appetizers like colossal shrimp cocktail, escargot, comfort foods like homemade meatloaf, the famous house Prime Rib, Maine lobster roll along with “two handed” hand-pattied burgers and sandwiches. Runyon’s is located in Coral Springs just a few minutes from Boca Raton and 11 miles from Fort Lauderdale. It’s been attracting celebrities, politicians and famous athletes like Arnold Schwartzenegger, Matt Damon, Arnold Palmer, Steve Young, Liza Minnelli, Ed Koch, Yogi Berra, Bobby Orr, Dan Rather, Jason Taylor, Riley & Nicky Hilton and countless others from all walks of life who love the laid back and welcoming atmosphere, great food and first rate drinks. The restaurant features a large main dining room with a fireplace and piano along with three additional dining areas, two of which, the Sonoma and Library, can be used for private functions. An outdoor patio is a popular spot for al fresco dining and will be re-imagined in 2017 to a patio lounge concept. Runyon’s has live piano music seven nights a week from 6 pm Sunday – Thursday and at 7 pm Friday and Saturday. Occasionally guests will join in and sing a favorite song and, of course, the pianist always will play a favorite upon request.
Reviewed 10 July 2014

Where to begin. We took my 94 year old Aunt (She wanted a good steak) out to Runyon's. When we pulled up it was raining. Some of the staff was nice enough to open a side door to create less of a walk for my Aunt. The wait staff (Jennifer I believe) were fantastic. Lots of knowledge regarding their wine offerings (even provided some samples). As for the meal, we started with a crab cake appetizer. Nothing great but adequate. The house salad was very fresh and the house dressing was a nice compliment. As for the main courses. The table ended up having two T Bones as well as two prime ribs (off the bone) along with some seared scallops. The meat was cooked to perfection (Two ordered medium rare and two ordered a bit on the well done side) and the portion sizes were very large. The Wait staff then advised since this was our first visit they were providing two desserts on the house (Very nice) The Apple pie dessert is well worth the 10-15 minute prep time wait. All and all, a great meal along with great service.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

I've been here a dozen of times. This is a throw back to an old time steak house. Great steaks, French onion soup, baked potatoes loaded of course, and shrimp cocktail. The service is high class and the manager is one of the best around. The attention to detail is what I love about the service. It was our anniversary and they had our names on the menu and on the specials board when you walked into the restaurant. Nice touch. Going back to the steak, the fillet Mignon is excellent. They make it so perfect that it doesn't need any steak sauce. It's seasoned correctly that it stands alone. I highly recommend this restaurant but greatness has a price and this place ain't cheap.

Reviewed 10 May 2014

We reserved our dinner for our Valentine's day after reading lots of positive reviews. They gave us the seat right next to the kitchen door, and we were able to see the kitchen chefs stareing at us each time the kitchen door opened. First, we were confused about who was our server after lots of different people came to take our drink order, served drinks, took our dinner order, and took out our appetizer plates.
We ordered the chicken strips for our son, but he did not touch it at all.
And it was burning hot for a young toddler. I wish our waiter at least warned us that the dish was hot. Most of customers were senior citizens and
acquaintances. When our food did't showing up for a long time. We finished our appetizer waiting for it.
The waiter came after bringing a different persons' order accidentally and then took away the appetizer plate without saying anything. I did not like my
food I ordered. I had a better lamb chop at other restaurants. My husband
did not like his pasta either. We paid a lot for food that wasn't satisfying. We wish service was better, since nobody even smiled at us.

2  Thank RJ W
Reviewed 24 April 2014

We hadn't been there in a long time. The food is wonderful, and the service is great. Perfect for special occasions!

Reviewed 16 April 2014

Like most of the other local reviewers, we have been coming here for years. It is wonderrful as ever. The staff without question is superb, and pales only in comparison to the food. It is one of the few places that offer entree combinations, particularly Stone Crabs and Prime Rib together. Expensive but worth it plus leftovers. My personal favorite is the Beef Wellington but alas it is a winter special and not always on the menu. It is locally owned which adds to the great ambiance. I highly recommend the patio which is both pet and smoker friendly.