“Generic...generic...generic”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #147 of 309 Restaurants in Coral Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This restaurant is so subpar; I don't ever have a really good experience when I visit this restaurant. I eat there for the sake of time. I don't know what it is, but the for some reason I always feel like I am sitting in filth.

1  Thank SMereus

Reviewed 2 January 2012

How can I rate zero stars?

1hr52min wait from sitting down to getting the bill.
10 entrees ordered.

Waiter was friendly until we asked about removing the "mandatory" service charge, then he copped an attitude and told us we didn't know how long we were there, because he "sure didn't leave us alone for 2 hours."
When we informed him that we did indeed know how to read a watch, he replied, "Well that's pretty standard for a large party."
So either way, he was right: Either we don't know how to tell time, or our expectations are unreasonable.
No apology at that point. Said he'd go talk to the manager.
Good, right?

Not so fast.

Manager is too cowardly to show his face and sends the waiter back out to inform us there's nothing he can do about the service charge, it's mandatory. But, IF we actually waited that long, he's sorry about it.

If that scenario doesn't get your blood boiling, I don't know what will. Nobody lost their temper, but it was pretty close.

No way to untip the waiter for having a self-righteous attitude, and no way to talk to the manager who apparently wasn't managing the kitchen, the waitstaff, or the customers.
Seems like a waste of salary to me.

If the owner really cares about his business, he should be absolutely furious about how his employees are happily driving customers away.

If everything happens to go perfectly, you may have a wonderful experience here, but I would suggest you choose another restaurant just in case it doesn't. Because if you have a large party, you WILL be stuck paying the waiter's tip even if the servious is horrendous, and you WILL be stuck paying for your food no matter what. Don't take a chance. This is no blemish on the franchise, just this store.
If you absolutely need to to to T.G.I.Fridays, just go to a different one.

1  Thank BKbroilerPortSanilac
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I went on my lunch break, on a weekday at 12noon. The service was ok. I ate at the bar. Bar attendant was friendly. Food was good, better than mall food, McDonald's or Burger King. I ordered a classic burger meal of of there menu, it was cook well and flavor was cool. Fries were good, didn't give a lot, but wasn't going to order more for another $4. Affordable food. Clean. Wasn't crowded at the time. Atmosphere would have been better probably on a Friday night.

1  Thank missv108
Reviewed 1 November 2011

Right now they have promotions such as 12.99 for 3 course meals.
The talapia portion was a nice size and it was very tender and juicy. Cheese cake was also very good and senior citizens get 50% off non alcoholic drinks and coffee, all free refill.
service was good and if you look online you can get a $5.00 off $25 or 20% off the check.

2  Thank FL0RABEL
Reviewed 13 February 2009

I was a loyal Friday's customer for years -but I'll never go back. Despite this brutal economy with fewer customers eating out, they made it clear they have zero regard for customer concerns.

I visited Coral Springs location and had a poor experience recently with kitchen's execution of a so-called "healthy" menu item: horribly overcooked/limp and drowning in grease/butter.

No big deal: I apologized for returning it and asked for another side salad, since I didn't want to hold my companion up waiting for another entree. They had nerve to charge me double the price for the 2nd side salad, since I "didn't order an entree."

So to be clear, they screwed up my order, inconvenienced me, then charged me DOUBLE for their mistake?

I thought senior mgmt should know, as it was a bigger-picture issue than just the dinky price of a side salad at one location.
It had to do with the short-sighted way the company treats disappointed guests.

I wasn't looking for any freebies or benefits: I just wanted a senior exec to let me know they understood/would look into it.

I took time to identify the execs of marketing and operations, wrote and hand-mailed out personal letters to both - neither bothered to reply, even though I left my phone, address and email.

The marketing guru ignored it completely; the operations guy palmed it off to a junior customer service rep who had the nerve to sent me a form letter asking me to CALL the customer service line and leave my phone number on their message machine which I already provided in BOTH letters!

WHAT A LOSER COMPANY. Chili's and other chains are so much more service-oriented. I'll do my best to steer everyone I know away from this restaurant chain - they are more concerned about their big media ad spends, gimmicky menus and stupid loyalty cards than in focusing on pleasing customers with good execution and service. They'll never get another penny from me.

1  Thank floridafun512