“Alright”
Review of TGI Friday's

TGI Friday's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #165 of 303 Restaurants in Coral Springs
Cuisines: American
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
“Alright”
Reviewed 10 October 2012 via mobile

Nothing really special about this place. They have generic food, okay service, and a decent atmosphere besides the smell of a dirty rag. Not my first choice for a chain restaurant, but not the worst.

1 Thank jenny5355

Coral Springs, Florida
“awesome food”
Reviewed 29 May 2012

The food here is awesome...always great specials and great priced drinks...The bartenders are a hoot... they are always polite and right there when you NEED them !!!! And their vanilla bean cheesecake unbelievable!!!! we always have to take that home !! the steaks are great also
easy to find ...just ouside the coral springs mall on university dr. try it, you'll like it !!!!!

• Visited May 2012
Tamarac, Florida
“Generic...generic...generic”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

This restaurant is so subpar; I don't ever have a really good experience when I visit this restaurant. I eat there for the sake of time. I don't know what it is, but the for some reason I always feel like I am sitting in filth.

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank SMereus
Port Sanilac
“Longest Wait Ever.”
Reviewed 2 January 2012

How can I rate zero stars?

1hr52min wait from sitting down to getting the bill.
10 entrees ordered.

Waiter was friendly until we asked about removing the "mandatory" service charge, then he copped an attitude and told us we didn't know how long we were there, because he "sure didn't leave us alone for 2 hours."
When we informed him that we did indeed know how to read a watch, he replied, "Well that's pretty standard for a large party."
So either way, he was right: Either we don't know how to tell time, or our expectations are unreasonable.
No apology at that point. Said he'd go talk to the manager.
Good, right?

Not so fast.

Manager is too cowardly to show his face and sends the waiter back out to inform us there's nothing he can do about the service charge, it's mandatory. But, IF we actually waited that long, he's sorry about it.

If that scenario doesn't get your blood boiling, I don't know what will. Nobody lost their temper, but it was pretty close.

No way to untip the waiter for having a self-righteous attitude, and no way to talk to the manager who apparently wasn't managing the kitchen, the waitstaff, or the customers.
Seems like a waste of salary to me.

If the owner really cares about his business, he should be absolutely furious about how his employees are happily driving customers away.

If everything happens to go perfectly, you may have a wonderful experience here, but I would suggest you choose another restaurant just in case it doesn't. Because if you have a large party, you WILL be stuck paying the waiter's tip even if the servious is horrendous, and you WILL be stuck paying for your food no matter what. Don't take a chance. This is no blemish on the franchise, just this store.
If you absolutely need to to to T.G.I.Fridays, just go to a different one.

• Visited January 2012
1 Thank BKbroilerPortSanilac
Pompano Beach, Florida
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The same as all T.G.I. Friday's”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

I went on my lunch break, on a weekday at 12noon. The service was ok. I ate at the bar. Bar attendant was friendly. Food was good, better than mall food, McDonald's or Burger King. I ordered a classic burger meal of of there menu, it was cook well and flavor was cool. Fries were good, didn't give a lot, but wasn't going to order more for another $4. Affordable food. Clean. Wasn't crowded at the time. Atmosphere would have been better probably on a Friday night.

Visited April 2011