“No sleep for the weary”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs South
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Reviewed 26 January 2014

remodeling did not include hallways which feel dungeon-like. Walls of rooms so thin and next door 'guest' so loud we were not able to get sleep until wee hours. TV blasted even while they were out for the evening.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

A TripAdvisor Member
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My boyfriend and I really enjoyed our stay... The only thing we didnt like was the fire drill going off lol... But other then that we was satisfied and the location was perfect we was close to his family and the walk....

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
A TripAdvisor Member
New York City, New York, USA
Reviewed 12 January 2014

For my trips to Florida, your Coral Springs hotel suits me just fine. Staff is helpful, attentive, and always polite, and I always relax with the complementary breakfast and the news before going out to face the day.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 January 2014

We stayed for a few days at the La Quinta in Coral Springs in December 2013. This hotel was economically priced, but was kinda small and needed a makeover. The staff was friendly and courteous. However, it was disturbing to see actually how seldom someone was actually standing at the front desk. Also, it we left our room one day to go out for lunch when I had to return to get my sunglasses. I discovered our room door was left open (I am assuming by the cleaning staff) and none of the cleaning staff was to be found....nowhere). This is nothing less than carelessness...Someone could have easily stole our luggage and personal items, then just walked out of the hotel because rarely was anyone at the front desk.
One last concern was the yelling down the hallways during the early morning hours..FORGET IT if your trying to catch a little extra sleep. The cleaning staff will guarantee you will be awake bright and early with them. Yelling down the halls, carrying on non-work related conversations very loudly...its ridiculous... Room walls are apparently thin, we heard our neighbor snoring for two nights...So loud I thought he was in our room with us...
Forget special requests also, I specifically ask for a room away from the elevator...what did I get...A room adjacent to the elevator. This hotel is okay, but needs new management or something to correct these problems. I doubt I would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the breakfast area, very loud..
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 December 2013

We stayed there for 3 to 4 days.Our check in was smooth but when we arrived to our room could not believe how small it was, barely enough room to fit the king bed.The bathroom was just enough room to shimmy yourself it to either use the restroom or squeeze in to bathe.We were in this room for 2 nights until I was having visions of shawshank redemption. I start to carve chess pieces out of soap.We were able to move to a equally smaller room just set up differently.We had the pleasure of being kept up by teenagers taking there dog out to relieve itself in frony of our window only to have the kids be so disrespectful that they would yell up to the room above us to there mother or brother granted this took place at 2 am 6am 9am 3pm...I ask the front desk if they could put a stop to this they said they would call the room and inform them quite down... this fell on deaths ears..the only thing that made this livable was the staff.....the staff I cant say enough of what great bunch of people truly care about their guest.i know was not there fault we left ourhotel after paying for the night we went to a totally different hotel just so we could rest paying for 2 rooms at 2 different hotels.The GM did the right thing and refunded our money offered 5000 points never received those yet.But over all hotel was clean staffed were great.If im in the area and want to be cramped and shoved in a small room ill stay there again but tell you the truth customers service is so hard to fine these days ill pay 400 a night to get treated like crap and the staff was doing me a favor for showing up to work or be treated like a human being and be uncomfortable with small tiny rooms ill take tiny rooms any day and 80 bucks a night ill just pretent im in nyc.i should be out tanning on the beach and not care about how small the room is...So thanks for movating me to go to the beach and visit your town.Over all I had a great time minus being pulled over by your police.. state troopers and sheriffs dept...Never was I ticketed I guess they wanted to say high

Room Tip: No help there bribe the desk clerk or rent an rv
Reviewed 26 December 2013

Over all very good facility and service. A couple of things that bothered me: 1; The very noisy fan in the bathroom went on with the light and could not be turned off. 2; There was a smell of smoke in the hallway, possibly from the cleaning staff. 3; Soap and shampoo were only provided the first night. There was not enough for second night hair wash for two. 4; When I touched the thermostat, the ground fault box at the air conditioner tripped off. Fortunately I knew how to reset it. Seems to me either the system is too sensitive or there is inadequate grounding at the thermostat. Should be checked, Room 217. 5; Big dog in next room didn't like being alone and barked nervously until owner returned.

Room Tip: Great place to stop when traveling with a pet
Reviewed 18 December 2013

We were in Coral Springs for our granddaughter's state gymnastics meet, and chose this hotel because of its convenience to the venue. It was in such a nice area of shops and restaurants that I think we expected something a little nicer. The check in was smooth and quick.

Our room was decent sized, though the bathroom, which just contained a toilet and shower over tub, was extremely tiny. If you needed to assist a child in that bath, I do not know how you would have done it! The towels were nice and thick and in adequate supply. The only amenities were soap and conditioning shampoo. The sink was in the hallway and had a nice granite countertop with lots of space. However, our son's room just had a pedestal sink and because of the way the bathroom door was situated, they had less space in the room. The description claimed that there was a double sleeper sofa in the room, but it was barely a twin and our son and family ended up with a child on the floor. There were some stains on the bed skirt and carpet and many scratches on the bathroom door, probably due to the property being pet friendly, which we were immediately aware of, due to barking dogs, which, thankfully, did not continue into the night.

The breakfast was adequate, but not great--waffles, cereal, yogurt, fruit, hard boiled eggs, toast and bagels.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs University Dr
Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs
Hampton Inn & Suites Coconut Creek
Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs South? Share your experiences!