“Exceeded Expectations”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs University Dr
Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My friend and I just returned from a two week stay at this hotel. It was a great experience and, like the title says, exceeded our expectations. The staff was wonderful and friendly. A big shoutout to Clinton who was always smiling and friendly, and took great care of us. Our 4th floor room had a small balcony overlooking the pool, double beds, and a fridge and microwave. The room was large, clean and economical. Complimentary breakfast was more than adequate and the breakfast staff was very accomodating. The grounds and pool area were lovely. This hotel is centrally located to many restaurants, shops, a casino, and beaches. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I can't wait to return for a month next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. The 4th floor was great.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 February 2014

Front desk clerk is awful rude and miserable,,, my room had stains all over the sheets bathroom was filled w/ mold, changed rooms and had more problems,,,,stay away it's an old hotel w/ bad maintaince one star that charges three star prices

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank 09952
Reviewed 6 January 2014

There's only one thing keeping me from giving this motel a "good" rating, but this one IS a deal-breaker for me! I specifically told them I couldn't be in a room where people had been smoking. Supposedly they gave me a non-smoking room on a non-smoking floor (5th) but as soon as the smell of disinfectant/room freshener faded, the smell of smoke was very apparent and grew progressively stronger. We tried opening the windows, but it didn't help. We asked to get a different room and were told there were no other "non-smoking" ones. And when I asked to get on their frequent-stay plan, they refused to sign me up, since I reserved "third party" - travelocity or trip advisor. What a disappointment! But I don't think I'll be back. The beds were ok, actually, except that I had to keep a wadded up sheet over my mouth and nose all night so I wouldn't be coughing because of the smoke smell. So for that reason I was very disappointed. If you don't have a problem with smoke, it might be ok for you.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sarita989
Reviewed 26 December 2013

This hotel was such poor quality, go to the one a little further up and spend the extra 10 bucks. Bed and pillows were horrible, shower pressure, next to none. Iron and tv remote weren't even in the room. Don't drink the lemon water in the lobby. Don't bother with the breakfast, either. A shame, as we stay at LQ's because we can take our little dog. Won't go back to this one.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank Arnold C
Reviewed 5 December 2013

The hotel was well located and clean. It was a good idea to have water in the lobby for guests to partake. I was disappointed when it disappeared the last 2 days of the stay. I also missed the mini frig that is in most hotel rooms.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
A TripAdvisor Member
coral springs
Reviewed 20 October 2013

from the minute we arrived we felt welcomed. the staff was very courteous and knowledgeable. they had our room ready and quality of our room was excellent. we did not use the pool but it looked very nice and clean. we did not use the internet service. we had breakfast the next day and it was excellent. the variety of food and options were great for the price we paid for the stay. We needed to check out late and they accommodate us right away. We definitely will come back!!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 8 October 2013

We stayed just this past week end and it was a pleasant surprise. The hotel is clean and the staff friendly. The room was spacious and comfortable. It is a great asset to find a pet friendly hotel that does NOT smell, but we liked it here a lot and we always bring our little poodle with us. Great stay.

Room Tip: comfortable stay, enjoy your pet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
#24 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale
Universal Palms Hotel
Universal Palms Hotel
#104 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs University Dr? Share your experiences!