“Very disappointed”

Ranked #4 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Tucson, AZ
“Very disappointed”
Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

First room we were in had a very noisy ac that they could not quite. It also had a king size mattress which was old and sagged in the middle so you have fight all night not to fall into the middle

We were moved to a second room which had very poor water pressure. Shower was hard to take because of the low water pressure.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 27 March 2014

First of all, one of our passkeys did not work to open the door. When we got inside, the sink was dirty and there was a half used bottle of their shampoo on the tub. The coffee maker in the room had no holder to put the coffee into and there was no package with the sugar, creamer and stirrer even if I had the holder for the coffee grounds. The room had a nasty odor and the air conditioner was old and very noisy The whole room needed a makeover. The shower was nasty, the bathroom sink had a crack in it that I thought at first was someone long hair. At breakfast which is served til 10 at 9:30 the woman was already putting away all the food. Other than that.. great place to stay...not.

Room Tip: GO to a different hotel
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
chicago, United States
Reviewed 24 March 2014

Our stay at La Quinta Inn in Coral Springs FL was incredible. The property was beautiful and clean and the staff was incredibly helpful and polite. Sales Manager Mildred Nazario was of great help in reserving rooms for our large group of 13 people and was always friendly and accommodating. Thank you Mildred!!!!!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed 19 March 2014

Very nice hotel with lots of restaurants to chose from in the area. Easy to get to and easy to travel around. Nice continental breakfast is included, good wifi and parking both free. Even has a nice pool.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Arequipa, Peru
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I have to start off by saying, and I hope I remember her name right (it's been a week since I stayed there and my memory's horrid), but Melinda(?) at the front desk was absolutely wonderful. First, I needed a document printed and she put everything aside from her busy schedule to go do that for me immediately. I was staying at the hotel because I was writing an exam nearby and it went way longer than I expected. When I came back past 2 pm(!), Melinda told me not to sweat it and that if I could clear out of my room fairly quickly, she wouldn't charge me for a late check-out. She absolutely made my stay and I just wanted to hug her as I was leaving.

The breakfast and the staff in the breakfast room were both very good. I mean, the breakfast was basic, but lots of options, fresh fruit, and even the option for waffles if you wanted them. The breakfast staff was VERY attentive and friendly and smiling. Nice to wake up to.

Now, the OTHER stuff. The bed was comfy, sheets and towels clean, nice-sized flat screen TV, yes. But the windows in my room were full of grime and mould. They looked like they hadn't been washed (and definitely not bleached) for years. The pillows looked pretty gross and I had to chuck a couple off my bed and take some from the other bed cuz they looked pretty...worn, let's say, to be nice. The room had a faint stale smoke smell. I just quit smoking 7 months ago after being a pack-a-day smoker for over a decade, and I have to say that this was definitely a big turn-off when I'd specified a non-smoking room in my reservation. If they're gonna use smoking rooms as non-smoking rooms, they need to invest in an ozonator (or a better one than what they have).

Overall, perfectly adequate for the price point and location, but the staff and service make this hotel, not necessarily its amenities.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Commack, New York
Reviewed 11 February 2014

My friend and I just returned from a two week stay at this hotel. It was a great experience and, like the title says, exceeded our expectations. The staff was wonderful and friendly. A big shoutout to Clinton who was always smiling and friendly, and took great care of us. Our 4th floor room had a small balcony overlooking the pool, double beds, and a fridge and microwave. The room was large, clean and economical. Complimentary breakfast was more than adequate and the breakfast staff was very accomodating. The grounds and pool area were lovely. This hotel is centrally located to many restaurants, shops, a casino, and beaches. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. I can't wait to return for a month next year!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the pool. The 4th floor was great.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Troy, New York
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Front desk clerk is awful rude and miserable,,, my room had stains all over the sheets bathroom was filled w/ mold, changed rooms and had more problems,,,,stay away it's an old hotel w/ bad maintaince one star that charges three star prices

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
Sawgrass Grand Hotel
#4 of 4 in Sunrise
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Lauderdale Tamarac
La Quinta Inn & Suites Fort Laud...
#67 of 128 in Fort Lauderdale

Been to La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs University Dr? Share your experiences!