“Problems... but one of the best General Managers to resolve them”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Washington, D.C.
“Problems... but one of the best General Managers to resolve them”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

This is not he first time I've stayed at this property. We arrived with expectations of previous visits. They were not met, but................

We stayed the first night expecting to check out in the morning after speaking with Marriott Customer Suppoort.

First thing in the morning, the General Manager, Albert M., invited us to sit down and talk about the problems encountered. He took the matter personally and one could not expect anyone to be more empathetic. He was extremely distressed and asked us to stay as he would personally take charge of rectifying the problems.

One important note is that the hotel is spotless from the public areas to the guest rooms. This is consideration ONE.

We agreed to stay and saying that Albert rectified the situation would be a serious understatement. He personally took the opportunity to address each and every problem, not only to provide us with a comfortable stay, but to improve the entire hotel experience so as to not inconvenience future guests. Changes, upgrades and activities were performed or scheduled that very day, with Albert's full attention and a very personal commitment, along with a friendly and superior staff.

It's easy to complain, but a little bit of effort to politely discuss inconsistencies returned more solutions than we possibly could have expected or even thought about. This guy knows how to take care of his guests and upon observation, does so with a very personal touch. Forget for just a moment the fact that you can run into problems at any hotel. These are things that can and should be corrected whether it's a Courtyard, Ritz-Carlton, Hilton or any other brand.

When unexpected inconveniences occured, management and staff went beyond the call to do the best possible job in making corrections.The value that this Manager brings to the property is the catalyst of any force for change or guest satisfaction. It is sorely lacking at most hotels, but I assure you, not here.

I don't know how the LaQuinta gets better reviews, but quality is certainly not by comparison. This property, with a few flaws that are eagerly being targeted for correction, surpasses any property in the area. OK, the building is not new. Renovations have taken place to provide the new Courtyard 'feel' to the place and that task has been accomplished. A 'cookie cutter' of other Courtyards, well good. Standards are what make certain brands.

There's a gem at this property, the General Manager. Albert's commitment embodies what makes a hotel a success. Given the knowledge, he provided us with a stay we might have expected at a five star hotel, and this makes him a five star hotel manager. Lastly, and important as well, the fact that the name 'Marriott' is over the door is taken very seriously.

I would urge anybody to stay here and prepare to be impressed.

Room Tip: You may want to request not to be given an odd numbered room between x01 and x11. However, a solutio...
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank barrygr6707

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Pinellas Park, Florida
Reviewed 17 May 2013

The company I work for just opened a new branch near this hotel. Almost our entire staff has stayed there and we've used their meeting space for over a week. The only positive thing I can say about the hotel is it's location. The hotel itself and the rooms need some TLC, and some of the staff is in serious need of guest service training, specifically the "management." The service I received from the sales staff is hands-down the worst I've experienced at any hotel - ever. Suffice it to say that despite the location being terribly convenient for us, we will stay elsewhere as we continue to travel to Coral Springs.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank EdensMom3
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 7 May 2013

I spent a week here, as we had just returned from traveling, we needed a place to crash while searching for a new place.

First off, the reason I am giving this place 3 stars is because of the excellent customer service I received while here at the hotel.

Several of the staff were extremely accommodating and went above and beyond what the majority of hotels even bother doing. They were friendly and on top of things.

I had to switch rooms because my first room had ants coming in from the outside. I believe it was because of the proximity of the tree to my balcony. I didn't even keep food in my room.

My second room had AC unit issues. It made sputtering noises. Then when it would sputter off, the television would turn off. Apparently, there were many power surges that night. Then, the television would randomly blink off and on after that. I had them replace the television with a new television, but it started turning off and on also. Needless to say, it freaked me out and I slept with the light on.

Other than that, I didn't have any other issues with the second room.

There is a cafe in the lobby. It is only open in the mornings/evenings. It has a comfortable feel about it.

So, here is a list of things about the hotel that one should know before staying here:

-It's an old hotel. They seem to have done some renovating, but I don't think they are where they need to be. For example, the AC units would be more efficient if they were controlled by a thermostat on the wall. Most of the time, I would turn mine off because it wanted to constantly run. The noise is extremely annoying.

-Expect some moisture. If your room smells funny, say something to the staff. These things should be brought to their attention.

-They are tucked behind the McDonalds, Arby's, and Best Buy just south of Sample, west of University. It took me a minute to find them.

-The bedding is worn a bit, but very clean.

-The showers were okay. Towels should be replaced with new ones.

-They do have a small gym, but allow guests to go next door a huge gym, free of charge.

-Pool is clean. It is also very large for a hotel pool.

I would stay here again, but mainly because the service was awesome. Also, because it was very clean.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Crystal W
Scottsdale, Arizona, USA
Reviewed 24 March 2013

If you have ever stayed at a Courtyard before, you know the drill...It is a cookie cutter of all the other Courtyards you have ever seen, and in our case was a mandatory stay. We were in town for a hockey tournament, and the whole team stayed in the same place.

We liked the rooms, the maid service was timely and friendly. Front desk was very helpful. Exercise equipment in great shape, and the bistro was exactly like any other Courtyard.

The rate seemed rather high to me, especially with no fridge or microwave in the rooms. They have free Wifi, but for soem unknown reason you need to log in EVERY 24 hours without fail. That got annoying on by the third day.

Coral Springs is a cool little area, and there are plenty of restaurants and stores near thsi hotel...

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with family
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 21 March 2013

My family of three stayed here in February 2013. We were in town for a water polo tournament, so we spent very little time in the hotel. The hotel rooms are in need of updating, but as the lobby had been recently redone, hopefully the rooms are next.
We had a king room with a pull out sofa for our daughter. Our bed and bedding were comfortable, but the sofa mattress was horrible! I felt sorry for my daughter for having to sleep on it. There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room.

The best part of this hotel is the staff. Everyone I dealt with, from housekeeping to the reception desk was wonderfully friendly and helpful. The breakfast staff was terrific as well, making made to order breakfasts for us each morning.

Room Tip: Don't rely on a pull out sofa.....terribly uncomfortable.
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with family
Hudson Valley, NY
Reviewed 14 March 2013

This property is a little hard to find given that it is tucked away behind a McDonald's and has no sign on the Main Rd., University Drive. It is a perfectly serviceable hotel but I found it to be overpriced. There was no microwave or refrigerator in the room. Having a refrigerator to keep beverages cold in a hot climate should be standard room equipment. It was most annoying not to have been provided a tv channel list. Newspapers are not delivered to your door but rather are stacked in the lobby. The rooms are clean. The bathroom sink area is tiny and located outside the shower room. Hotel choices are very limited in that area and I think the hotel management may be very aware of that. Still correcting the omissions I have identified would go a long way to maintaining loyalty to the brand.

• Stayed February 2013
Reviewed 9 March 2013 via mobile

Very disappointed with our stay. Room had musky odor. air conditioner was antiquated. Rooms have an interior feel of a cheap motel. Was looking for the Marriott quality I'm used to. Got more of a motel 6 feel.

• Stayed February 2013
1 Thank Agrouzis
Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs University Dr
Hampton Inn & Suites Coconut Creek
Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Hampton Inn Ft. Lauderdale-Commercial Blvd.

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs? Share your experiences!