“Should have stayed somewhere else”

Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Coral Springs
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Unfortunately chose this hotel for an overnight trip when visiting for a friends function. Called the hotel to ask for an early check in. Was asked my name but then immediately told to call back. The gentleman on the phone did not even look to see if any rooms were available and was very short on the phone. When checking in found the room to have an odor. We figured we would deal with it for an evening since we did not plan to be in the room often. The next days check out was at noon. At 10 am the cleaning crew banged on our door as my husband and I were in the bathroom getting ready. I found this odd as we had a Do Not Disturb sign on our door. They banged several times until I managed to get to the door and yell "Yes?". They then yelled something back and walked away from the door. When we went to leave the room a maid noticed us and yelled down the hallway "Are you done?" I felt like this was very unprofessional and we felt rushed out of the hotel even though we still had a few hours prior to check out.

Once downstairs at the desk the concierge barely glanced up at me when I informed him we would be checking out. Overall I felt the customer service here was lacking and we could have probably gotten a much better experience for a better price someplace else.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JL1026
Ziad E, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 10 April 2014

JL1026,
Please accept my sincerest apologies for not being able to honor your early check in during your stay, and my apologies as well on the incident you experienced with our housekeeping staff, this should never have happened and I will make sure it's addressed as soon as possible. Once again, please accept my apologies, I regret the situation and that your family was affected by these incidents.

Yours truly,

There are newer reviews for Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs

Reviewed 9 April 2014

Ziad and his amazing team at the Coral Springs Courtyard completely changed my perspective of staying at a hotel. From his professionalism and courtesy (which has been masterfully cascaded to his entire staff), to the delicious food, to the cozy clean rooms..
When it was time to check out I didn't want to leave! During my short stay, the hotel staff started addressing me by first name (wow!) and always wore a smile. It's nice to be a consumer to an establishment where the employees really seem like they enjoy what they do! Adrianne at the restaurant knew my coffee order after the 2nd time and her engaging personality made me feel like I was talking to a girlfriend during our brief interactions in the morning. As a GM of a nearby gym, I know the discipline and effort it takes to put together a great team while simultaneously ensuring the operations of the business are all flowing smoothly... The condition and energy of this hotel is a true testament to Ziad's leadership.. Very very pleased with my stay, and very confident in saying that no matter where i travel,
Courtyard Marriott will be my go to hotel. Thanks Ziad and team Coral Springs!!!

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank Shilomrochelle
Ziad E, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Shilomrochelle, Thank you for writing a review of your experience at the Courtyard Coral Springs. It's fantastic to hear about the level of comfort and cleanliness you experienced during your stay, and we're' glad that you enjoyed every interaction with our staff especially the Bistro staff. We look forward to your next visit and thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 6 April 2014

we stayed there for 4 days and were very satisfied with everything there.
the staff were very welcoming and helpful to us all along, we had requested a balcony and mistakenly we didn't get so they gave us a suite to make up for it for no extra charge!!
so to all along they were extremely nice and helpful!! so bottom line its a great place to stay and highly recommended. especially the worker Ziad helped us kindly all along

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rabbiisaac

Rabiisaac,
We appreciate your complimentary feedback from your visit to the Courtyard Coral Springs. It's always a pleasure to know our level of service and comfort made for a great stay. We hope to see you back with us in the very near future. Thank you again for writing.

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Management and staff were very friendly and met all of our needs. We traveled with a large group and everyone walked away satisfied. Their bistro on-site met our needs and the hotel is in a safe and secure area with lots of restaurants nearby. It is a great place for a team , group, or family to stay. The hotel was a great value.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Ziad E, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Mike O,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard Coral Springs. We appreciate your feedback on our comfortable accommodations, convenient location and helpful staff. We hope to see you back in the near future. Thank you again for writing.

Sincerely

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Manager and staff professional, helpful and friendly. Clean and comfortable hotel. Nice pool and jacuzzi. Refreshing lemon-lime water in lobby with warm popcorn.
I didn't have any meals in the hotel, but had a glass of wine in the Bistro and it was nice. Very pleasant stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Ziad E, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Rae914, Thank you for taking the time to write a review about the Courtyard Coral Springs. We are delighted that your stay with the us was enjoyable. Your comments about the professionalism of the staff is certainly appreciated, thank you for such kind words. We hope to welcome you back very soon at our property.

Reviewed 20 March 2014

Starting with the area: very nice and quiet. Restaurants and shopping centers close to the hotel.
The hotel itself can use some improvement, specially an in room refrigerator. Aside from that the rooms are very clean and well maintained. The bistro is adequate and the staff is very friendly.
On line services are available on the first floor with a printer which was very useful to me.
The price (February) is acceptable given the quality of services provided. In general, I was satisfied with the experience and would definitely return in the future.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Ziad E, General Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Juan H,
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Courtyard Coral Springs. We appreciate your feedback on our convenient location and helpful staff. We hope to see you back on our property in the near future. Thank you again for sharing your experience.

Reviewed 19 March 2014

I booked this hotel over another large competitor thinking that the rooms would be nicer. My mistake, the cost was $50 more and the rooms were old and needed to be updated/decorated. Nice looking hotel from the outside but no free breakfast or coffee in the lobby. The coffee maker in the room had horrible coffee, no refrigerator or microwave. Location was hard to find since there aren't any large signs in the area. Shopping mall is across the street and lots of places to eat. I expected a nice room from the Marriott chain but it did not turn out that way. Could have gotten a nicer hotel closer to Fort Lauderdale for less money.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Ziad E, Manager at Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear DHKVancouver_WA,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We appreciate your willingness to take the time to let us where improvement is needed. We sincerely apologize for your disappointment with your stay. I assure you that we will take your comments into consideration to improve our property. We value you as our guest and hope you will return to see our improvements in the future.

Ziad E

Also consider these accommodations in or near Coral Springs
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs South
La Quinta Inn & Suites Coral Springs University Dr
Hampton Inn & Suites Ft. Lauderdale/West-Sawgrass/Tamarac
Comfort Suites Sawgrass
Hampton Inn & Suites Coconut Creek
Doubletree by Hilton Sunrise - Sawgrass Mills

Been to Courtyard Fort Lauderdale Coral Springs? Share your experiences!