“Good food and service”
Review of El Jalisco

El Jalisco
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 24 September 2013

We were happy to find this restaurant in "downtown" Crawfordville. The food was well presented and tasteful. Our waiter was attentive but not overbearing. Great frozen margaritas too. It appears that the staff may struggle a little with English, but it did not detract from our favorable impressions. We think you'll enjoy eating here.

Reviewed 23 February 2013

As my family has moved to Crawfordville four years ago I find North FLA is where I make my two a year vacations. I always manage to find something new to try and do in North FLA on my visits. That being said, I have made El Jalisco a REQUIRED stop for me every trip. I love this place ! The service is amazing. You are always treated as if your business is appreciated. You always feel welcome. The staff is very friendly and always available. My drinks are always refilled. They accommodate large parties with no problems. Even with a large party we never wait for a table or wait too long for the food. The prices can not be beat. The food...My only complaint is I get filled up and can not eat anymore ! It taste so wonderful and is well portioned. I wish I had a place like this where I live. If you have not yet been here you need to go. This is my favorite place to eat in Crawfordville / Tally area.

1  Thank SMT1_13
Reviewed 9 July 2012

El Jalisco has great food. Everyone in our party enjoyed what they ordered. The salsa was wonderful, the best I've ever had in a restaurant. It tastes freshly made. The service was great. We were seated quickly and served graciously. The margarita was not the best, but I'm willing to go back and give it another try....

Reviewed 12 May 2012

There are not a lot of restaurants to choose from in tiny Crawfordville, but thank goodness we at least have a decent Mexican restaurant. It's about what you might expect; the featured dishes are often "Gringo" style and there are sombreros on the walls. But order their mole or one of their burritos, and the flavor is quite nice.

The service is fantastic. I'm always greeted immediately and seated very quickly. On one particularly busy night, I had to wait all of 6 or 7 minutes for a table to open up. The servers smile and seem genuinely concerned for your happiness. And when I can't pronounce "relleno" properly, they never seem irritated - they just smile and sometimes repeat it back to me to make sure they've got the correct order.

El Jalisco is a great addition to the businesses in Crawfordville. Nice for a Friday night after work, or a weekend coming back from the beach. Oh, and don't forget the margarita - Yum!

Reviewed 6 May 2012

Always get a decent meal and quick service with an inexpensive price.