“Weekend getaway”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Crawfordville
Barnesville, Georgia
“Weekend getaway”
Reviewed 28 July 2012

We decided to get away for our anniversary and picked out this hotel. When we entered the clerk said welcome to the middle of no-where! Well, here in the middle of no-where is a little gem of a hotel. We asked for a King room on the first floor and they had it ready for us. The bed was comfortable and the room was large with a sofa sleeper. The front staff gave of plenty of directions as to where to eat and things to do. Even in the middle of nowhere there is much to do. The breakfast is simple but good. The pool is in the back about 150 feet from the hotel. You can also get a golf package.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Papa W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Georgia
Reviewed 22 July 2012

We have stayed here twice now and have had a great experience both times. We have room to park the boat, clean rooms, excellent service and friendly staff. Good place to stay if fishing or just playing in the area! Even have coupns down front for pizza delivery. Nice pool with facilities. Overall better value than competitor in this area. We traditionally stay @ the best western but have had to stay here due to no avaliability there...from now on we will stay here:)

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank jdmap
Crawfordville, Florida
Reviewed 12 July 2012

On June 25,2012 during hurricane Debbie we had to get a room here due to a tree falling on our house and putting a hole in my celing and taking out the power line. Within 15min of me getting they lost power. They charge $200.00 for smoking in the rooms and I got charged. I disputed this with the manager and she said it had been resolved and it would be taken off , then they decited to add it back on and tell me theres nothing I can do.Well we will see. I DID NOT SMOKE IN THE ROOM and I will NEVER stay here again.EVER !

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank tallyblueeyes
Lake Ridge, Virginia
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I opted to stay here instead of staying while on a business trip. I was pleasantly delighted. The room was spotless....you can see from my other reviews that I take cleanliness very seriously. There were even no smudges or grime on the tv and the remote:-)! The bathroom towels had that "fresh out of the dryer" feel and smell. They offer continental breakfast which was filling to me (normal fare - instant oatmeal or grits, cereal, juices, teas, coffee, pastries, toast, bagels, yogurt, and fruit cups), and hot teas and juice was available throughout the day. The staff ws exceptional. The front desk staff were very friendly and accommodating. As I recall, everyone that I came in contact with was friendly and polite. It's obvious that customer service is a priority at this hotel. I defintely will be back. Oh yeah.....the air conditioning works great (it was very humid outside and the AC went out at the venue where my meeting was being held).

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank trvln_d_wrld
georgia
Reviewed 6 May 2012 via mobile

Stayed overnight here after visiting Wakulla Springs. Clean. Friendly staff. Pool was nice, too.

• Stayed May 2012
South Carolina
Reviewed 28 April 2012

THIS IS A FANTASTIC HOTEL AND GOLF COURSE! DO NOT PASS THIS PLACE UP! Hotel staff are excellent! Rooms are spacious, nicely decorated, very very, very comfortable beds, internet, nice continental breakfast, with coffee and juice all day long. Pet friendly, heated outdoor solar pool. GOLF COURSE, IS FANTASTIC AND FUN TO PLAY! Head Golf Professional and staff at golf course and restaurant are first class, friendly and nice. Eco-friendly Inn and Golf Course. Nice place to have your wedding, business meetings and functions as well as vacation. You cannot go wrong staying and playing at The Inn at Wildwood and The Wildwood Golf and Country Club. Stayed at The Inn in October and again in December. Will stay there again!

Room Tip: Any room will be great! If you have any questions just ask the staff they will take good care of yo...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled on business
Florida
Reviewed 18 January 2012

Wildwood is a relatively good deal considering there are so few choices in the area. Clean, okay bed, hard pillows and THIN walls. I could hear every word and all night coughing and snoring next door on two of my four nights. No wifi but hardwire internet in rooms. Wifi downstairs only. The room was large but dark and minimally decorated. Ask for a room away from other guests although I was told they had limited housekeeping and did not have all rooms ready.. I never saw any houskeeping staff but my bed was remade each day. No amenities like toiletries or coffee pot. I was moved three times upon check in because the room was missing the refrigerator and microwave. Then the lock on my door was very tempermental and would not accept the key card after the initial use. I learned to ask for new key cards every time returned to the hotel. Breakfast is minimal with packaged cereals, some stale breads and donuts, and a frozen "breakfast sandwich". No fresh fruit, yoghurt or hot waffles. This part of the coast is sparsely populated . The Inn is set on a golf course and has a pool, which I did not use. It appears to be operating on a shoestring. However, nature is the standout here with magnificent wildlife refuges, natural springs, coastal waters and bays. I suggest you bring some food with you and picnic alot outdoors. The lights in the room are rather dim so a reading light may be useful if you read in bed.

Room Tip: Back side facing pool is quieter, away from highway, however highway is not busy at night. Pool is...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawfordville
Best Western Wakulla Inn & Suites
Homewood Suites Tallahassee
Homewood Suites Tallahassee
#3 of 58 in Tallahassee
Hampton Inn Tallahassee Central

Been to Magnuson Hotel Wildwood Inn? Share your experiences!