“A welcomed stop”

Best Western Wakulla Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Crawfordville
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 10 February 2013 via mobile

After a day of driving we just happened to pull in here. It was nice to find we had chosen well. The staff was friendly. The rooms were well laid out and clean. The beds were very comfortable. The price was very reasonable for the area. We would stay again if we pass by.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank Tim M

Reviewed 5 February 2013

We found this hotel to be a "hidden gem". We were on our way to Central Florida and needed a stopover place, and chose this one from the BW website. It was very nice, clean, and the staff was very personable and helpful. The room was spotless, with a very comfortable bed. The breakfast area was roomy, and although the fare was simple, it was good and plentiful. If anyone is planning on passing through this area, I would strongly recommend this Best Western hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank David T
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Stay here 2 or more times a year for 3 days at a time. Always plesant staff and owner on site to keep an eye on everything. Place is always well maintained and spotless, not just rooms but the common areas also. Rooms come with small micorwave and refrig, they are nice size and again spotless. The breakfast is standard fare, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, 3 cereals, sausage, eggs, etc, a little better than most that offer free breakfast but not over the top.

As for the Hotel, it has a different layout than most, with 4 "wings" around a center courtyard with a nice gazebo and landscaping. Some people are concerned with outside doors, wanting a hotel with center halls. I love this layout however as in this case the only way in is through lobby so you have that security. Because it's a larger open courtyard you don't hear all the people coming down a closed hall. They also have the doors set so they don't slam shut like many hotels, you just have to make sure you check that the door is closed by pulling shut, I often see doors ajar. This is a two story hotel with elevator, I like the upper rooms along back or on left side (West), the front faces road but they are set back well from road so don't think issue with noise, the East side looks over parking area as does front.

They have a nice outdoor pool, small fitness area, and one open business computer. I do wish they had a spa and my only recommendation for them as it seems like one of the best managed and maintained hotels I've been in.

Room Tip: Back side top, open area behind and so far from road you just can't hear anything.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 8 January 2013

My parents, in their 80's, and I stayed in this hotel for a week while we birded the area. My sister and her family of 4 also stayed there for 3 nights.

The hotel staff were really, really good to us in every way possible. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, clean and quite up to date (the only thing NOT up to date was the television, which really wasn't bad, but not a flat screen - no big deal for us).

The breakfasts were pretty much the usual hotel "buffet" but they kept them very well stocked and they did rotate through different types of eggs and meat. The food was always out early enough to make it into the local parks with the first daylight and they were great about getting food out at 4 AM for us so we could catch our flight home.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone needing a place outside of Tallahassee for any length of time.

Room Tip: If you are someone that likes a non-smoking room ask for one that does not share a wall with a smoki...
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Perfectionists work here; it shows, everywhere you look, and I love that. This is the best affordable lodging ever, would be much higher in a more-populated area. A two-story motel (with an elevator! bravo!) in a calm country setting. The rooms surround a pretty, pleasant courtyard (I probably wouldn’t like the noise factor of the courtyard in nice weather, but it was freezing when I was there so peaceful.) Everything seemed faultless until nighttime: 1) expected a great shower at this place, but didn’t like it – uncomfortable shower head, low water pressure, and crispy towels; 2) painfully thin walls – easily hear tv’s, conversations, coughing, snoring, everything. For me, those are large deficits, yet these competent folks still deserve very high marks – what they’ve accomplished in reasonably priced lodging is uncommon.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank TexasTableForOne
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stay at this hotel whenever in Crawfordville to visit family. Which is as often as possible. Rooms are always clean and neat. We feel like family when we arrive and throughout the stay. Mr. & Mrs. Patel and the entire staff always make us feel welcome and handle any requests we may need. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank Donna R
Reviewed 8 December 2012

Needed a hotel on the way to my cousin's place. The entire area is 'old' Florida and I expected to find just another old hotel in this old part of Florida as it is on a lone stretch of road. What a surprise! This property is 5+ years old but from what I saw, looked brand new. I used to be in hospitality and I've stayed in a whole lotta hotels. The fit-and-finish is amazing. Clean, comfy, and rather large room. Bathroom looks new, is clean and not beat up as they tend to get. Pleasant staff. I live in S Florida, which is very touristy and most of our local hotels are not this nice! I plan on being back in this area and will certainly stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crawfordville
Magnuson Hotel Wildwood Inn
Fairfield Inn & Suites Tallahassee Central
Four Points by Sheraton Tallahassee Downtown
SpringHill Suites Tallahassee Central
Home2 Suites by Hilton Tallahassee State Capitol

Been to Best Western Wakulla Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!