All reviews wakulla springs central courtyard nice gazebo western hotels room was large sausage gravy yogurt florida panhandle very nice hotel refrigerator and microwave comfortable beds breakfast bar fitness room would stay here again short drive great place to stay wasilla
Reviewed 5 February 2013

We found this hotel to be a "hidden gem". We were on our way to Central Florida and needed a stopover place, and chose this one from the BW website. It was very nice, clean, and the staff was very personable and helpful. The room was spotless, with a very comfortable bed. The breakfast area was roomy, and although the fare was simple, it was good and plentiful. If anyone is planning on passing through this area, I would strongly recommend this Best Western hotel.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
1  Thank David T
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Stay here 2 or more times a year for 3 days at a time. Always plesant staff and owner on site to keep an eye on everything. Place is always well maintained and spotless, not just rooms but the common areas also. Rooms come with small micorwave and refrig, they are nice size and again spotless. The breakfast is standard fare, waffles, fresh fruit, yogurt, 3 cereals, sausage, eggs, etc, a little better than most that offer free breakfast but not over the top.

As for the Hotel, it has a different layout than most, with 4 "wings" around a center courtyard with a nice gazebo and landscaping. Some people are concerned with outside doors, wanting a hotel with center halls. I love this layout however as in this case the only way in is through lobby so you have that security. Because it's a larger open courtyard you don't hear all the people coming down a closed hall. They also have the doors set so they don't slam shut like many hotels, you just have to make sure you check that the door is closed by pulling shut, I often see doors ajar. This is a two story hotel with elevator, I like the upper rooms along back or on left side (West), the front faces road but they are set back well from road so don't think issue with noise, the East side looks over parking area as does front.

They have a nice outdoor pool, small fitness area, and one open business computer. I do wish they had a spa and my only recommendation for them as it seems like one of the best managed and maintained hotels I've been in.

Room Tip: Back side top, open area behind and so far from road you just can't hear anything.
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Richard C
Reviewed 8 January 2013

My parents, in their 80's, and I stayed in this hotel for a week while we birded the area. My sister and her family of 4 also stayed there for 3 nights.

The hotel staff were really, really good to us in every way possible. The rooms were spacious, comfortable, clean and quite up to date (the only thing NOT up to date was the television, which really wasn't bad, but not a flat screen - no big deal for us).

The breakfasts were pretty much the usual hotel "buffet" but they kept them very well stocked and they did rotate through different types of eggs and meat. The food was always out early enough to make it into the local parks with the first daylight and they were great about getting food out at 4 AM for us so we could catch our flight home.

I would definitely stay here again and would recommend it to anyone needing a place outside of Tallahassee for any length of time.

Room Tip: If you are someone that likes a non-smoking room ask for one that does not share a wall with a smoking room. Really not a big deal, but it does help.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 December 2012

Perfectionists work here; it shows, everywhere you look, and I love that. This is the best affordable lodging ever, would be much higher in a more-populated area. A two-story motel (with an elevator! bravo!) in a calm country setting. The rooms surround a pretty, pleasant courtyard (I probably wouldn’t like the noise factor of the courtyard in nice weather, but it was freezing when I was there so peaceful.) Everything seemed faultless until nighttime: 1) expected a great shower at this place, but didn’t like it – uncomfortable shower head, low water pressure, and crispy towels; 2) painfully thin walls – easily hear tv’s, conversations, coughing, snoring, everything. For me, those are large deficits, yet these competent folks still deserve very high marks – what they’ve accomplished in reasonably priced lodging is uncommon.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank TexasTableForOne
Reviewed 9 December 2012

We stay at this hotel whenever in Crawfordville to visit family. Which is as often as possible. Rooms are always clean and neat. We feel like family when we arrive and throughout the stay. Mr. & Mrs. Patel and the entire staff always make us feel welcome and handle any requests we may need. Wouldn't stay anywhere else.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family