“The Local - Produce stand”
Review of Crawfordville

Map
Satellite
Map updates are paused. Zoom in to see updated info.
Reset zoom
Updating Map...
Atlanta, Georgia
28 helpful votes
“The Local - Produce stand”
Reviewed 6 April 2009

My friend and I stayed in Crawfordville, FL last weekend to do some kayaking on the local rivers. We stopped at The Local - which is a produce stand on US 98 just south of US 319. This place has a little of everything. Boiled peanuts in three varieties, local mayhaw jelly, tupelo honey along with locally made art.

We where told it's the 2nd most photographed site in Wakulla County. It's also a great place to pick up supplies and directions for kayaking, hiking or biking in the area.

3 Thank travelmizen
Fort Walton Beach, Florida
71 helpful votes
“TNT Hideaway & Wakulla River”
Reviewed 30 September 2007

Rented a tandem kayak from TNT Hideaway yesterday and kayaked the Wakulla River in search of manatees. I'd suggest launching just before low tide I guess and head to the right out of the launch... that way the tide will take you down and then when it starts to turn you wont have to paddle against the current to get back.

The place was easy to find, friendly, and a great rate compared to some others I've done. On the way down river it took awhile to find a manatee but on the way back from the bridge (far one) we sighted about 10 total, some alone and some in groups. They generally don't like people but if you are quiet and keep a respectful distance they're pretty good about coming up for air and pictures. It was an excellent activity and I got a great workout. There are also many fish, turtles, and they say alligators although I didn't see any. I'm very glad I did this if only to see the manatees.

1 Thank upittkmr
A TripAdvisor Member
“Attractions”
Reviewed 8 October 2004

Crawfordville is nestled in Beautyful Wakulla CountyThere are numberous attractions located in our area, The wonderful Wakulla Springs State Park has crystal clear water that is great for the young, and the young at heart to swim and play in, as well as glassed bottomed boat tours that take a ride over the main Spring that feeds the majestic Wakulla River. Down below you'll see HUGE CATFISH, Bream, Bass, and the occasional Anahinga, or snakebird, as it hunts for food.You'll also see all sorts of wadeing birds, turtles, and yes, even the alligator, they also have a Bass fish named Henry that pole volts.you can also enjoy the Jungle Cruise Boat rides, where they take you down river for a ride back in time, you'll probably see more Gators, Deer Eagles ,and an untold number of bird species..This place is a MUST for anyone comming into or around Crawfordville FL.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Been to Crawfordville? Share your experiences!