“Clean comfortable and friendly”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Crestview
Dallas Texas
“Clean comfortable and friendly”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 December 2013 via mobile

Our family stayed one night traveling through the area. This was our first experience with this hotel chain. We got a good price for a suite with 2 queen beds in the bedroom and a sofa bed in the living room. Check-in was quick and easy. The clerk was very friendly and helpful. The room was on the second floor at the top of the stairs, but we heard no noise from the hallway. We found everything in the room to be clean, well functioning and modern. There were a few stains on the carpet but that is the only negative thing we could say about the room. The complementary breakfast was hot, fresh and delicious. The location was very convenient to I-10. There was a decent selection of restaurants in the area but we chose to order pizza delivery and watch a movie in the room. We were able to help ourselves to paper plates an napkins from the breakfast area to use for our pizza. Checkout was also smooth and easy. We would definitely stay here again ext time we are in the area.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Mandeville, Louisiana
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 September 2013

I arrived shortly after sunset, 7:30 +/-, tired and hungry. The lobby was clean and comfortable. When I made reservations I asked for a clean room that was away from the elevator and parking lot noise. That is what I found when I got to my room. The window faced an empty lot. The desk clerk was friendly and helped me find a restaurant. After dinner (Coach & Four Steak House which put out a decent steak at a good price) I returned to relax with some TV while waiting for sleep to overtake me. While cable surfing there came from the room adjacent to the bed’s headboard the unmistakable noise of a couple in the middle of an amorous escapade. Every moan, squeal, cry, and grunt was as audible as if only a curtain separated us. I did not time it, but estimate this to have lasted five to ten minutes. I was thankful that their exuberance was not accompanied with youthful stamina.

I arose late, and after preparing for the day I arrived at the breakfast bar to find sparse pickings. I did not mind and headed out for a Waffle House which was nearby.

At check out I informed the Desk Clerk/Hotel Manager (title unclear) that the bulb needed to be replaced in the desk lamp. He told me that the light switch for the desk lamp was on the wall. Since I did not see a switch close to that light I asked him how I was supposed to know that. He told me I should have called the front desk. I retorted by advising him there should be a sign on the lamp which read, To Turn On Lamp Call the Front Desk. He was not amused whereupon I left.

If I ever find myself in Crestview, Fl in need of a bed for the night I would probably check out one of the many other options there.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with where no guests are adjacent. Perhaps a room that is next to a storage unit and...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
Dayton, Ohio
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 September 2013

The suites are large, clean, and the beds are comfortable. As others have mentioned, if you have neighbors, it can be very loud, depending on the people in the rooms next to you. I had a person who yelled at his kids half the night one night. You really can hear a lot in rooms next to you. The hotel staff is not very friendly, and that starts with the manager. One wonders why this person chose the hospitality field, when he obviously doesn't enjoy people, and is not the least bit friendly or hospitable. The rooms are nice, just hope you don't have people in the rooms next to you.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jules2121_12
country08, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview, responded to this review, 16 September 2013
Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. We understand how important a quiet environment is and apologize for the guest next door. Your feedback helps us prevent situations such as this in the future. We hope you will give us another chance if you are in the area again.
niceville
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 August 2013

the countryinn and suites in crestview fl, is right off hwy 10 and less than a 10 minute walk from restaurants. Checkin was quick. The room and bathroom were clean. The king bed was very comfy. The AC was a tad loud, but being August...in Florida, I just glad it worked...and it worked well. The comp breakfast crew had a hard time keeping up. Breakfast is 6A-10A, and went down at 8A...had to wait for coffee and sausage...but only about 5 minutes

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Little Rock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2013

Start with the positives: Large room, clean, and the staff was friendly. Breakfast was good and the lady serving was especially pleasant. Negative - THE NOISE. It is like this hotel was built without an ounce of sound deadening material. We stayed on the 2nd floor and it sounded like elephants tromping overhead. Luckily my family is made up of sound sleepers (except me) but beware if noise bothers you. I think if you requested the top floor you would be fine.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Crestview, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

My family and I traveled to Florida for vacation. When we walked into the Country Inn and Suites, Crestview Florida - we were greeted by a pleasant gentleman and the smell of a hearty breakfast. This is a very nice hotel, clean rooms.......nice size bathroom and comfortable beds. We will definitely return!!!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Crestview, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2013

My husband and I had a planned extended (4) month stay at this property, The hotel was adequate and in a convient location. Because of this planned long stay we had a few questions regarding the accomendations. Our question were involving the size of different rooms as well as the view from the windows. We did not know that this was a question only for the management. After asking one of their employees to see different rooms, we were immediatly called and informed that these questions could only be handled by the manager and only him. We seemed to have made a big mistake.
We decided this was not the correct hotel accomadations for us and would not accept this attitude.
While checking into a nearby hotel, a phone call came in, the person identified himself as a relative of ours, but unfortunately it was the management of the Country Inn calling to try to make amends to us. My thought was he was concerned about his attitude and losing 4 months income. It is a pretty sad thought that a manager would misrepresent himself in this manner. It was most obvious that a big mistake was made. We would not recommend this property to others, and are extremely happy with our new choice.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
3 Thank dmm311
country08, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview, responded to this review, 27 July 2013
We apologize for the disappointing service you received from our staff. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. We believe there is a huge misunderstaning. To discuss your concern further, please contact the hotel directly, and ask for front desk manager.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestview
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 13 in Crestview
Baymont Inn & Suites Crestview
Stay Suites of America - Crestview, Florida
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Hampton Inn Crestview South I-10

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview? Share your experiences!