“Horrible experience and staff! !”

Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Crestview
“Horrible experience and staff! !”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2014

The internet did not work in which I needed to use it for my job while I was at your hotel. I told your front desk clerk and I also explained this to your manager. Not only that there was little food for breakfast on the variety because there wasn't many people staying in the hotel. When the food ran out they didn't replenish and this was at 8 a.m. I will never stay at this hotel again that I rather go across the street to the Hampton Inn than to stay with Country Inn and Suites at this location. There were people next door to me that were loud and I called down to the front desk and nothing was ever done with that. I was there on business and needed to get up early the following day and there was no consideration to the fact that I was there on business and not pleasure. I needed a receipt upon exiting for my business expenses and the clerk at the front desk said she couldn't give it to me at the time of check out and that she would email me my receipt...and never did. I had to call multiple times in order to get the receipt which turned into a problem because I was on the road traveling again. I called the manager and he acted as if I was bothering him with the situation.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

1 Thank robertbQ3929YL
country08, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview, responded to this review, 10 August 2014
We apologize for the disappointing experiance you had at our facility. Our team works hard to make sure our guests are comfortable and receive our best service. As we explained to you on the phone that we emailed a receipt that probably went into your spam mail. However, it was our pleasure to email another receipt to you and stay on the phone while both of us confirmed that you received it. We also want to confirm that you understand that Corporate Lodging guests receipt is a stay confirmation receipt and it doesn't have an amount on it as the guest is not responsible for any room charges and rates are confinential. Please do not hesitate to call us if you like to futher discuss any other issue.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Sarasota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Checked reviews for the place beforehand, I always check the bad first, some were a little old in posting, some seem over complaining.
I can be picky at times, however, during this trip we were traveling from South Florida to Louisiana to purchase a boat(almost 12hr trip) We rode about 9hrs up to this point for our stay, needless to say we were tired arriving close to midnight July 31st.
I booked couple of days before after we estimated the distance and time we wanted to travel. Tye made my reservation and was very pleasant. King Room cost on this was $110+tax.(fridge, microwave, coffee pot) Reasonable I thought...So when we arrived I was worried because of how close it was to the interstate, I wanted a good nights sleep cause we would be waking about 5:30 am....not good.
I am a light sleeper and never get quite comfortable in any bed or a pillow. (I did bring my own pillow) ANYWAY, I heard no noise from interstate...none... First pleasant surprise and the other was that the bed was very comfortable and so were the pillows, and heard no noise from any other guests in rooms or hallways and we were close to elevator, and there was a woman who checked in with her three kids, we slept well!! Didn't like having just a few hours sleep though.
Breakfast was average, pastries, three or four cereals to choose from, waffle maker, oatmeal with toppings, hot breakfast had scrambled eggs(like not real but from a mix of some kind, liquid or dry..idk) sausage links that i thought were decent and diced potatoes were good, a juice bar and coffee, which was a bit strong tasting. Checked out and all was good.

Drove to Slidell to do our boat business and headed back and decided to stop over once again in Crestview, mostly because we didn't feel up to any longer of travel and it was getting late and we needed sleep. Before we left we asked if they had any rooms available and they had one suite with two queens $179.00 for a Friday, at that point we weren't sure if we'd stay in Crestview again because we thought we'd get farther in distance. Well, we did. stayed at same place since we were familiar and pleased and the only other hotel we checked that had similar good reviews was sold and we were tired and hungry.
Hotel had the room still available lucky for us! So after we checked in it was sold out, full house, we arrived around 7:30 pm. Got showers and went to eat at Applebee's since it was close and it was late, terrible service there, didn't get food till almost 10pm. Yawn! That's a different review...LOL
Slept great again, heard nothing..again close to elevator.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you had an awesome night rest in our clean and comfortable guest rooms. Our staff including front desk , housekeeping, and maintenance works very hard so that every guest has a pleasant stay and it makes me feel proud to know y'all experienced just that. We look forward to your next stay at Country Inn & Suites in Crestview, FL. Also, congrats for your new boat and hope that y'all are enjoying it.
Alexandria, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2014

We had a fabulous stay at the Country Inns and Suites. The hotel was very nice and clean. We would feel comfortable staying at this hotel for a long stay. The staff was very kind and eager to make our stay great! We will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Country Inns & Suites By Carlson

Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable guest rooms. Our staff works very hard to ensure that every guest has a pleasant and comfortable stay and it is heart warming to know that you were able to experience our awesome service. We look forward to welcoming you as our family on your next stay at Country Inn & Suites in Crestview, FL.
Gainesville, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2014

We were traveling though the area on our way back home and booked this hotel based on location and ratings. We arrived late and were pleasantly surprised that we had booked a relatively new hotel.
The staff was very nice at both check in and check out the next morning. The room was well done, clean and comfortable.
Breakfast was normal fare - waffles, omelets, pastries and breads, yogurt, cereals, juices, etc. The breakfast room was clean and the offerings were well maintained.
We would highly recommend this hotel for anyone traveling in this area.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our clean and comfortable guest rooms. It is also great to know that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary hot breakfast buffet. We look forward to your next stay at Country Inn & Suites in Crestview, FL.
West Melbourne, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 July 2014

Stayed in this hotel by using the coupon rate on the way to Destin, FL. It is a very nice hotel which is meticulously maintained. My 11-year old daughter and my 15-year old son enjoyed the small swimming pool in the hotel. The room smelled fresh, clean, and the beds were comfortable. It is a bit in the middle of nowhere but it is a nice alternative to hotels in Destin, FL, which usually cost higher for the same quality.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
country08, General Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our clean, fresh, and comfortable guest rooms. It is also good to know that kids were able to take advantage of our amenities such as our swimming pool. We look forward to your next stay at Country Inn & Suites Crestview, FL.
Detroit, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 July 2014

Very clean, really nice housekeepers and receptionist. We only planned on staying 1 night, but the moving truck was late and one night turned into seven. My granddaughter loved the pool. The fresh chocolate chip cookies were a treat. The wireless internet was a little inconsistent, but otherwise a great place. Having a microwave, refrigerator, and two separate areas was definitely a plus. We used the washer and dryer as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
country08, Manager at Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our facility and all the amenities we have to offer including our pool. We will make sure to troubleshoot our wifi to make sure it doesn't have any issues. We look forward to your next stay at Country Inn & Suites Crestview, Fl.
Bardstown, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2014

My family stayed at the Country Inn & Suites Crestview as a one night layover until our beach house check-in. These accommodations fit the bill. The hotel looks updated and compares favorably with the better Country Inn & Suites Locations. This location does not allow pets which helps to assist the staff in keeping the hotel clean.

The man assisting us at check-in was very knowledgeable and accommodated us, allowing us to check in early. We had booked 2 rooms and then booked a 3rd at the same time with no issues. Although not a big deal, I did not notice that my rooms were upgraded nor did I receive an "In-Room Welcome Gift" (both of these are perks of being a gold elite member). At other Country Inn & Suites locations there were bottles of water in the room. None of these issues were substantial to cause a commotion.

In the morning there was a nice breakfast including juice, cereal, waffles, eggs, fruit, biscuits & gravy and other items.

One note is that the walls and floors seem abnormally thin. In fact, when we checked in he stressed which of the 3 rooms could have kids in them. I stay in hotels a couple times per month and I have never had anyone even care about the occupancy requirements. Depending on what site you use to search for a room many times it does not even ask the make up of your party. Usually I will just leave that section blank or fill in as 2 adults. Luckily I checked the box that asked the number of children or I assume they would have had to spend the night in the car. This is literally the first time anyone has even acknowledged that ever. Just keep in mind that this is important and that you will hear every step that happens on the floor above you.

Some members of my party complained that the mattress was not comfortable, but I did not notice this as a problem. I think they just don't like their mattresses firm.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for your feedback and for taking the time to write about your experience. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed our clean accommodation and hot breakfast buffet. We like to have accurate number of guest in every room for two following reasons: First of all, it is good to know the total number of guest present in the hotel. Secondly, it helps us with room assignment as we are a wooden frame building. Our charges are not based on number of people as all the rooms are allowed to have maximum number of guest allowed by fire code. We look forward to your next stay at Country Inn & Suites Crestview, FL.

Please friend us on Facebook to stay informed of our upcoming specials!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestview
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#7 of 13 in Crestview
Baymont Inn & Suites Crestview
Stay Suites of America - Crestview, Florida
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Hampton Inn Crestview South I-10

Been to Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview? Share your experiences!