“Nice hotel in a small town”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Crestview
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Very personable, eager to please staff. I have stayed here many (over ten) times and get good consistent service.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed in this location exactly one year ago and paid my bill in full.. I have not been to the location since..however to my surprise..I see the hotel charging me the exact about of the bill I paid one year ago... The reference # last 4 digits 5453...Bill in amy of $378.00. I called and spoke to the front desk (Chris and was told to call back later and speak with the Manager... anyway, I would like to know what is going one here..

Room Tip: I am not thrilled with a billing for a service rendered and paid for one year ago...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear kabdullah,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Have stayed in this hotel 4 times when hubby was in Crestview for business. You won't find another hotel in Crestview with cleaner rooms, a friendlier more helpful staff, or a front desk staff/manager who will go that extra mile to make sure you are comfortable and happy! It's just off I-10 for the traveler who is looking for a place to spend the night.... but it's also close to shopping and restaurants! Cracker Barrel is practically next door! Try it... pretty sure you'll like it!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2012

July 6, 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is in regards to our most recent stay at your hotel, The Holiday Inn Express (Crestview, FL). Let me say that I held your facility in high regard prior to my most recent visit (7-2-12 thru 7-6-12). From the very reservation this stay went south…I called into the inbound customer service line to make my reservations and was placed on hold for an extremely long time. I was then told by the attendant that he would need to call me back to complete my reservation (around 1AM EST).

I arrived at the hotel on Monday morning and was told that I was going to be charged a “No Show” fee, because I was a day late (which I originally requested Monday through Thursday with the option of Friday). On Thursday I received the statement which included the “No Show” charge, which was later removed by the front desk clerk. As a result of the correction, I made another reservation for the month of July (7-23-12 thru 7-26-12 with the option to include the 7-27-12).

While at the hotel (during our most recent stay), we reported several issues to the front desk and/or housekeeping personnel. The first issue had to do with a housekeeper blasting music which included cursing and vulgar language. The second issue we had was a baby crying making it very difficult to sleep. The thirds issue was with breakfast being at times under prepared and finally the fire alarm systems going off without warning (with no posted apologies). We mentioned to housekeeping that our daughter had an accident (soiled bed) and that her bed needed cleaning. They came in and conditioned the soiled mattress for the sleeper sofa. They never mentioned that we would be charged for a soiled mattress, nothing was posted at the front desk or in the room that soiled mattresses are to be replaced at the guest expense. When we returned from the hospital this morning with our 3yr old son who was having trouble breathing the night before (and who ultimately had to be admitted to the ER), we were told that we were obligated to replace the mattress. We tried to explain to the front desk representative that we just returned from the ER with our son and that we would be a little late (10 min to be exact) with checking out. The Rep was very rude and unsympathetic; and never made eye contact with us. We were not given an advanced notice that hotel management was going to charge us for the bed. They made us feel like we were not worth talking to about the matter. Our daughter continued to sleep on this mattress 2 more nights without health considerations. We were made to feel that the mattress was safe and able to be reused in the future, so we continued to allow her to use this mattress.

Please know that going forward, we would not recommend this establishment to anyone in the future. The establishment is not considerate and/or sympathetic regarding emergency situations that many families face.

Consider this letter as a termination of all future business/service use.

The Cooper’s

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank davidcooper844
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Dear davidcooper844,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
IHG Care

Reviewed 10 June 2012

My family and I stopped in Crestview on the way to the beach in Florida. I had read reviews on TripAdvisor about this hotel so we stayed here for one night. It was so clean and looked so nice. It was located next to a couple of restaurants which made it convenient. The front dest clerk was so nice and helpful. I will stay here again for sure!!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 June 2012

I am a Priority Club Platinum member. That means I stay in hotels ALOT. HIE anywhere has always been my first choice. Unusually good service and impeckably clean rooms at most HIE's 95% of the time. HIE IS WHAT A VALUE HOTEL FRANCHISE SHOULD BE. At this HIE hotel service means something different, in a bad way, and it is a top down thing. I will not stay at the HIE in Crestview anymore. I've stayed in this hotel several times in the last few weeks. I had an experience with the GM of this hotel that was totally out of line. In 20 years of business travel I cannot say that I've ever experienced anything like this. Bottom line, the situation that the GM was handling was mis-handled and there was ZERO attmempt to fix. Unfortunately it was so badly mishandled that I could not reccomend this hotel to anyone - no matter how clean the rooms are... Etc... Etc. If you stay at this hotel be forewarned, if you have an issue MANAGEMENT here does not understand how to handle customers in the hospitality business.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
4  Thank Jenkinsas
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Jenkinsas,

Thank you for being a Priority Club Platinum Member and for your review regarding your experience. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to bring this matter to our attention and apologize for any inconvenience the hotel management may have caused. We will follow up with the management to ensure similar incidents won't happen again. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Once again, we appreciate you taking the time to share your comments with us. We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include Holiday Inn Express.

Regards,

Jaime W
IHGCare

Reviewed 31 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here twice in the past four months and like it very much. Rooms were spacious and quiet. Cleaning service was great the four days we were there. The breaskfast was great every morning and the lady in there was very nice and helpful when i needed something a little different because of my diet. Front desk was very nice and helpful in suggesting places for dinner.Easy on and off I-10. We will be staying there again. Nice clean, quiet hotel.

Room Tip: We stay on the fourth floor no one above us, just four floors.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestview
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview
Hampton Inn Crestview South I-10
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 13 in Crestview
Baymont Inn & Suites Crestview
Stay Suites of America - Crestview, Florida
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview? Share your experiences!