“Our yearly visit to Crestview......”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Crestview
Reviewed 10 August 2012

My family and I visit this area each July while on the way to Biloxi and we always stay at this hotel. It is still a nice place to stay. It is clean, right off the interstate, and a good value especially if you book very early. The staff member that checked us in this time was not as friendly as some in the past but I would not say rude either. I have posted before that this hotel really should look into getting rugs for the floor near the pool entrance and elevator area but they still have not done so. When you have wet feet or you walk where others have left water from the pool those tile floors really are slippery. Rugs would be a really good idea. The hotel has a really nice indoor pool but the chemical smell is strong but that is usually normal with indoor pools. The hot tub has a dial on the wall to turn it on but also has a sign on it telling you not to turn it a certain way but only clockwise. We could never get it to turn at all. We never ask for help so it could be that we were just doing something incorrectly. I posted a message yesterday for a Comfort Inn Suites(Biloxi) for this same trip and I fully apologize to that hotel because this is the correct hotel with the hot tub dial issue not Comfort. I tried to edit my review to remove the part about the hot tub but could not.
All in all this is a really nice hotel with easy access. It has fuel stations and restaurants close by and the beach is not too far. Spacious rooms that are clean with great a/c. It has a nice breakfast area and 24 hr coffee. Computer room and fitness center too. I would stay here again and would advise friends to stay here.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank AutumnBreeze911

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I truly enjoyed my stay at this hotel. The staff was polite and professional and the rooms were nice and clean. The location is convienantly located and easy to locate.I would definitely return and highly recommend it for others.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Didn't make reservations but found this hotel just off I-10 onour way to Kissimmee. Nice hotel, reasonable priced. The pool is small and unfortunately crowded but a diversion for the children. Staff was pleasant and the breakfast pretty darn good. Would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 July 2012

Very personable, eager to please staff. I have stayed here many (over ten) times and get good consistent service.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 July 2012

I stayed in this location exactly one year ago and paid my bill in full.. I have not been to the location since..however to my surprise..I see the hotel charging me the exact about of the bill I paid one year ago... The reference # last 4 digits 5453...Bill in amy of $378.00. I called and spoke to the front desk (Chris and was told to call back later and speak with the Manager... anyway, I would like to know what is going one here..

Room Tip: I am not thrilled with a billing for a service rendered and paid for one year ago...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear kabdullah,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. I am so sorry to see you did not enjoy your overall experience with us. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 9 July 2012

Have stayed in this hotel 4 times when hubby was in Crestview for business. You won't find another hotel in Crestview with cleaner rooms, a friendlier more helpful staff, or a front desk staff/manager who will go that extra mile to make sure you are comfortable and happy! It's just off I-10 for the traveler who is looking for a place to spend the night.... but it's also close to shopping and restaurants! Cracker Barrel is practically next door! Try it... pretty sure you'll like it!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 July 2012

July 6, 2012

To Whom It May Concern:

This letter is in regards to our most recent stay at your hotel, The Holiday Inn Express (Crestview, FL). Let me say that I held your facility in high regard prior to my most recent visit (7-2-12 thru 7-6-12). From the very reservation this stay went south…I called into the inbound customer service line to make my reservations and was placed on hold for an extremely long time. I was then told by the attendant that he would need to call me back to complete my reservation (around 1AM EST).

I arrived at the hotel on Monday morning and was told that I was going to be charged a “No Show” fee, because I was a day late (which I originally requested Monday through Thursday with the option of Friday). On Thursday I received the statement which included the “No Show” charge, which was later removed by the front desk clerk. As a result of the correction, I made another reservation for the month of July (7-23-12 thru 7-26-12 with the option to include the 7-27-12).

While at the hotel (during our most recent stay), we reported several issues to the front desk and/or housekeeping personnel. The first issue had to do with a housekeeper blasting music which included cursing and vulgar language. The second issue we had was a baby crying making it very difficult to sleep. The thirds issue was with breakfast being at times under prepared and finally the fire alarm systems going off without warning (with no posted apologies). We mentioned to housekeeping that our daughter had an accident (soiled bed) and that her bed needed cleaning. They came in and conditioned the soiled mattress for the sleeper sofa. They never mentioned that we would be charged for a soiled mattress, nothing was posted at the front desk or in the room that soiled mattresses are to be replaced at the guest expense. When we returned from the hospital this morning with our 3yr old son who was having trouble breathing the night before (and who ultimately had to be admitted to the ER), we were told that we were obligated to replace the mattress. We tried to explain to the front desk representative that we just returned from the ER with our son and that we would be a little late (10 min to be exact) with checking out. The Rep was very rude and unsympathetic; and never made eye contact with us. We were not given an advanced notice that hotel management was going to charge us for the bed. They made us feel like we were not worth talking to about the matter. Our daughter continued to sleep on this mattress 2 more nights without health considerations. We were made to feel that the mattress was safe and able to be reused in the future, so we continued to allow her to use this mattress.

Please know that going forward, we would not recommend this establishment to anyone in the future. The establishment is not considerate and/or sympathetic regarding emergency situations that many families face.

Consider this letter as a termination of all future business/service use.

The Cooper’s

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank davidcooper844
IHGCare, IHG Care at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2012

Dear davidcooper844,

Thank you for your recent stay with us and reviewing our property. We are deeply sorry we fell below your expectations. Our hotel is very proud of its level of service, cleanliness and quality of its product and for this reason your comments are very troubling and will certainly be looked into. We’d like to obtain some additional details regarding your experience, so we have sent you a private message.

We look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Janice A.
Case Manager
IHG Care

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestview
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Crestview, FL
Hampton Inn Crestview South I-10
Baymont Inn & Suites Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#5 of 13 in Crestview
Stay Suites of America - Crestview, Florida

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview? Share your experiences!