“Very good place to stay”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Crestview
Lakeland, Florida
“Very good place to stay”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

We were traveling and decided to make this a halfway stop on our way home. This hotel did not disappoint in any way. It is a newer hotel and the room was spacious with comfortable beds, large bathroom and very good breakfast. I would stay here again.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HOLIDAYINNEXPRE... C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Thank you for your kind review. We definitely appreciate your feedback and hope to see you again one day soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Our family of 4 stayed here for 2 nights to attend a wedding in the area. This is a new hotel, so everything is beautiful. Rooms were extremely clean with comfortable beds and lots of pillows (all marked "soft" or "firm"). Black out curtains on the windows were a nice touch. The only negative thing I could say about the rooms is that they lack a safe to store you stuff in. Our room had a fridge, microwave, and iron/ironing board. The complementary breakfast was a hot breakfast and pretty good. They rotated the hot items every morning so you never had the same thing twice. The had continental type items too such as cereal, fruit, muffins, etc. The hot items ranged from cinnamon buns, to waffles, to bacon and sausage. I cannot say enough nice things about the staff at the front desk. They remembered us and always asked how we were doing and things like "How was the wedding?" The bride and groom had the rehearsal dinner at the hotel on Friday night, and upon realizing the event room that had been reserved was a little too small, promptly moved us all into the bigger breakfast room and helped us set up. The indoor pool and hot tub were nice and clean, but the tile around the pool was a little too slippery (so watch your step). All in all would not hesitate to stay here again. Price was very reasonable and children stay free!

Room Tip: Might prefer a room on floors 2 or above due to the large breakfast room and pool on the first floor...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank kellymom02
HOLIDAYINNEXPRE... C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to discuss your recent stay with us. I'm very happy to hear that you had a great time as our guest. I will gladly relate your experience with my staff in each department you mentioned. It means a lot to them when they hear that a guest has reached out through a review site in such a positive way. We hope to see you again!
Pensacola, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Caught in the terrible rains and flooding when my flight ended up being diverted I ended up at the Holiday Inn. I was lucky to even find a room so anything would have been acceptable. Overall the hotel was clean and the staff was friendly. Nothing special but I did not have any of the issues others have noted.

The room was clean but some of the common areas needed a little attention.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
HOLIDAYINNEXPRE... C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to review your stay at our location. I'm sorry to hear you didn't find our accommodations better than average, but I appreciate all feedback and will divert attention to common areas to see where we can improve and create a better atmosphere for our future guests. We hope to see you again!
Deltona, Florida
Reviewed 18 May 2014

Stayed in this hotel on 6/13/2014 and found everything to be excellent. The lobby was spacious and new looking. Bed was comfortable, room neat and clean, even the towels were good. Breakfast was good with a great selection. Quiet. Staff friendly and helpful. Would highly recommend the hotel.

Room Tip: Did not use the pool, so cannot comment.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for the great feedback! I'm very glad to hear you enjoyed your stay and we'd love to have you back in the future! Kindest regards and hope you have a wonderful summer.
Beaumont, Texas
Reviewed 15 May 2014

This is an ok hotel, although the pool usually is dirty. The rooms are clean and it's just a place to stop and rest your head. It's one of the only hotels that isn't two stars along that area of I10....

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
HOLIDAYINNEXPRE... C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this review, 16 May 2014
Thank you for taking time to review our hotel. We appreciate your feedback. I'm sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the condition of the hotel swimming pool. Our pool was closed at the very beginning of May for one day for a routine chemical treatment to cure the "cloudiness" that some guests had reported. I'm glad to say that once the pool has reopened, I've personally been monitoring the appearance and have noticed at dramatic improvement. Our pool has always tested in the normal range for presence of chlorine and other mandated chemicals for pool safety and sanitation, however, the cloudiness that was being reported was simply from having too much oxygen in the water, which can happen with indoor pools that are kept in a very enclosed climate. According to your review, you stayed with us in May, so I'm curious as to whether you stayed before or after the pool treatment occurred, and whether your complaint is with the appearance of the pool water, or with the area surrounding the pool, ie; trash/towels/debris left in the pool room from other guests. If you wouldn't mind I would like to request that you contact me at chiex.gm@gmail.com to further discuss your concern and clarify this issue. It is our number one priority to ensure guest satisfaction, but I'm unable to adequately address your issue until I learn more about it. Thank you very much for your time and your patronage. We hope to see you again!
Jackson, Wyoming
Reviewed 1 May 2014

I was hesitate to stay especially after reviewing management comment in the last review.. a customerr is always right when your in "customer service" and the pool was very merky and pool area was very unkept so the last customer wasn't lying.. We did not experience the bloodd in our bed but when I complained about the pool to front desk they told me as well I could leave the premises now to get a full refund but who wants to pack all your belongings back up and look for another hotel? And I wasn't trying to get a free room. I feel the management is poor and needs to learn customer service skills all over again. I won't stay in Holiday Inn again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank lyricrose
HOLIDAYINNEXPRE... C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview, responded to this review, 2 May 2014
I apologize to hear that you had an unpleasant stay with us recently, and I would like to touch base with you as well via email so that I may gather more details about what happened. The resolution that was offered to you is not what our typical resolution would be so I'd like to find out a little bit more from you and offer a more appropriate solution to your dissatisfaction. I would like to clarify that my response to the previous comment was tailored to that individual post. The history surrounding that entire situation was very unique and there was a specific reason the issue was handled the way it was. It is very hard to convey the nature of that situation as reviewers have full unreserved ability to say any truth or untruth that they wish. That interaction is not how we approach every issue however, and I'm very surprised to hear that you had a similar issue and similar conclusion. As I am the only manager in the front office I'm very curious to find out whom you spoke with. I am available via email at chiex.gm@gmail.com if you'd be willing to contact me. I do appreciate your feedback and welcome the opportunity to properly address your concerns and hopefully give a better outcome to the situation you experienced. Thank you for your time!
Norfolk
Reviewed 27 April 2014

We spent a few days here while visiting family. The hotel was nice, the beds were comfortable and the room was clean, but the pool and spa were definitely overdue for a good cleaning. The water was cloudy and could have been warmer as well. We were constantly having to ask for more pool towels (which were quickly and cheerfully provided), but one would think that when the pool was being frequently used, they would think to check the towels. Also, the lights in the pool area did not come on until it was really DARK in there- a safety issue...

Breakfast was okay- typical, but fine. Staff was friendly and helpful.

Note that if you leave any personal belongings on the bed, the housekeeping staff will not service it... they will leave you a note. Not a big issue for us, just something to keep in mind.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Thank you for taking time to review our location after your recent stay with us. I'm sorry to hear that you were one of the guests who found our pool inadequate or not well maintained. As I've responded to previous guests, we have taken big steps to improve the issues noted and to provide a more enjoyable space for our guests. We hope that you'll give us another try in the future! Kindest Regards.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestview
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Crestview
Hampton Inn Crestview South I-10
Baymont Inn & Suites Crestview
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 13 in Crestview
Stay Suites of America - Crestview, Florida
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Springs - Crestview
Sleep Inn & Suites DeFuniak Spri...
#1 of 8 in DeFuniak Springs

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Crestview? Share your experiences!