“Southern value”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Child-friendly, Groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch
Reviewed 9 May 2013

If you like Southern cooking and eating til you bust, this is the place for lunch. Open from 11 until 13:30 Mon to Fri, this restaurant fills quickly with regulars who know they're onto a good thing. $8 for the bountiful buffet of great food, and another $1 for a soft drink (free refills on both food and drinks).

2  Thank Steve T

Reviewed 29 March 2013

This was my first visit to Desi's, and I was pleasantly surprised! On my visit (Thursday), they had fried chicken, chicken tenders, pot roast with vegetables, and pasta. I had the chicken tenders, and they were delicious! They had a great coating, and all of the sides tasted homemade. I had the bread pudding for dessert, it was sooo good! Some of the best I have ever had. I will definitely be back!

Reviewed 21 March 2013

We went out of our way to go back here as we were driving east in I-10. Their fried chicken is so good, as are the biscuits, sausage and beans, and greens. And the desserts - bread pudding, peach cobbler, apple crisp. Oh my. All you can eat for only $8!

Open for lunch only.

Reviewed 31 December 2012

If you would like to have grandma's cooking this is the place to go! It is a buffet style restaurant and you get your money's worth. The staff are always friendly and quick. They have the best fried chicken in town.

Reviewed 19 October 2012

Large buffet right downtown. Lots of Southern home cooked food.
Parking not usually too difficult. Cute 50's decor.