“Never Again!”

Americas Best Value Inn
Americas Best Value Inn
Ranked #11 of 13 Hotels in Crestview
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Unprofessional staff, the room very run down, had there been room open in town we would have left we booked 2 rooms an at ck in filled the paper work out sererately to each pay for our rooms,realized only one of our cards had been charged for both rooms, called to be sure we had not been charged twice they laughed an said oops made a mistake nothing we can do, unprofessional! If your a out of town worker you would be ok there it was full of those, it's just a bed........

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Tracy R

Reviewed 26 April 2014

Have stayed at various hotels / motels in the area and for the money this was hard to beat. Room was near spotless, no bugs to be seen, sheets and towels were clean. Room looked to be mostly remodeled. For the star level and compared to other hotels chains I can't complain. In the off season better rooms can be had elsewhere in the area for less money but for spring / summer this is a great deal. Only real complaint and it didn't negatively affect my stay was the condition of the walls and ceiling in the bathroom. The plaster could use some work, there are cracks and patches. Overall I'm pleased and would stay again. One thing I should note that I've NEVER seen at ANY place before is having to PAY for ice?? The ice machine has a coin box attached to it... weird

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Ricahrd R
Reviewed 13 February 2014

I stayed here for business and pleasure. It was a wonderful room, large and clean. The noise of the highway could not be heard in the room at the front of the hotel. A nice selection of breakfast items, fresh and packaged. The area around the hotel was well lighted. As a single traveler, I felt safe at this location. Overall a great value.
Con: I asked them to not go in my room if I was not there, they did anyway. This resulted in them throwing away my travel receipts box (over $400) and only cleaning half the room. The night desk person was not nice when I called to complain about this. There can be some issues getting into this location if coming from the north side of Crestview since you have to make a U-turn into oncoming downhill traffic.

Room Tip: Rooms in the low 100s are than what is shown on the website.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank anna k
Reviewed 13 October 2013

I arrived at this hotel on short notice, after checking the surrounding areas this place seemed best fit for my needs as far as clendlyness and price. The front night clerk was extremely nice and very helpful when checking in. I was happy to get a flat screen, microwave, fridge, nice comfy bed and freezing A/C. I got stuck here longer than expected due to a delay at work and didn't mind a bit. Both the day and night clerk are extremely friendly as well as the lady who cleans. Nice location close to quite a few restaraunts gas stations and Walmart. Nice spacious room with big comfy bed as well as adjustable shower head and swing out shower curtain (Being 6'1" this helps a lot and doesn't feel crammed!) I saw one bug That's It but it was a mosquito NOT a cockroach and it's Florida for crying out loud! Expecting to pay way more then what I have this is more then what I expected. And the staff is more than willing to help anyone they can within common reason. I am not someone who expects everything for nothing and this was more then what expected to get by all means. I would hate to see one of these bad reviewers out in the backwoods sobbing and irritated. For $50 a night this is the best place to be in my opinion.

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed 12 September 2013

absolutely great hotel. We paid 49.00 with taxes. Our room 229 had a king size bed with wifi, fridge, microwave. Room was very clean as well as the surrounding areas. There are many restaurants around the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This is a fine place to spend the night - not a 5 star hotel, it's an American Value. So I rate it accordingly.

After a long day of driving I-10, we needed a place for the night. This can be a busy interstate stop and someplace fill up. Glad I didn't read any of the reviews until now. Sign said new rooms. I didn't check other motels in town as the room looked at was nice and I was content to get a non-smoking ground floor room that I could park in front of.
Rooms had been renovated - clean, had microwave & mini-refrig. Rate was $60 for a king - they did not discount for value card. Very small soap and shampoo.
I agree with a previous review, the workmanship in renovations is poor. but that seems common in motels.

Breakfast was basic (cereal, pancakes, waffles, bananas) but enough to get you on the road in the morning. Breakfast room & lobby were neat and clean.

I did see someone walk up to the ice machine with their cooler and walk away. I didn't pay for ice but I understand that people like to fill their coolers and then head to the beach, so that how this place prevents that.

I didn't see any bugs.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sierra_Sunshine
Reviewed 20 September 2012 via mobile

Got king bed room for $49.99 + tax. Around $54.00 total. For location its the cheapest on the main rd. Without going to a no name brand hotel. Location was good. Hotel had good not great but good Furniture and bedding. Would stay again if in area. Cleanliness was average. Hotel lobby was not to pretty. Room was ok. If was in a smaller town and not in fl the room would have been $39.99 im sure.

• Stayed: October 2011