“Other reviews are right on!”

Boathouse Restaurant
Ranked #79 of 100 Restaurants in Crystal River
Price range: US$10 - US$18
Cuisines: American
Good for: Groups, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Description: This is a staple restaurant for Citrus County. Our new location is now located back on Hwy 19 Located right across from Citrus Kia. Lou is still around checking the quality of all the food that leaves his kitchen. The Boathouse has been around since the 80's and will continue for years to come. We are much larger then are last location and have the ability for banquets and special occasions. The restaurant is decorated beautifully with murals of underwater sea life and nautical boats and anchors galore. We pride on keeping our restaurant clean knowing how important food management is. Our servers are very friendly and always meet our customers with a smile. Please come and try our new location for youself. We dedicate ourselves to making sure all of our patrons leave full and feeling that they recieved a good meal for a fair price!
elizabethton, TN
“Other reviews are right on!”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

Had dinner there on Feb. 14. All started out well..waiter took our orders..had our drinks and salads at the table promptly,,,,down hill from there on...3 orders for the triple seafood platters..prime rib with sweet potato...steak and baked potato...My triple seafood platter was missing the scollops...my friend got the scollops and they looked to ugly to even eat. My husband steak came come with a cold bake potato...would not even melt the butter. My friends was finished with her prime rib before her potato was even brought to the table..she had to ask for it. Our waiter seem to disappear after our salads were served...we had to just catch someone passing by to ask for things left off...I had grouper and have to say it was very good but described it to a fisherman and he said that was not grouper....whatever it was good. There is no reason for this restaurant to be this bad...managers need to be replaced and a experienced chef needs to be hired.

• Visited January 2014
1 Thank oneless45

Rio Rancho, New Mexico
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I wish there was something good to say”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

It was a bad experience from start to finish. My daughter used to be a waitress so we always give people the benefit of a doubt when it comes to food service, mistakes happen. This was a train wreck. It was pretty busy so we ended up waiting a while to see our server. We placed our drink orders and meal orders at the same time. My wife ordered her baked potato with no sour cream and extra butter. I ordered fish with green beans instead of coleslaw. We get our drinks and no one comes back to see how we are doing, talk about the wait times, or fill our drinks. We find someone to fill our drinks and our server brings out salads and says she will be right back with dressing. 15 minutes later, we have dressing and still no drink refills. We asked for those from a random employee and got the wrong drinks and they insisted they were right. What happened to the customer is always right? Then we wonder what is going on, so we ask the hostess because the server is no where to be found what we can expect for a wait time. We were told, they were trying there best, the kitchen got really slammed. You should be able to handle a full restaurant. That is a bad excuse for the poor service we received. After about an hour and 30 minutes, our food comes out. My wife's baked potato had sour cream, and we all had cole slaw instead of green beans. The server said sorry, they were out of green beans. Not only did they not inform us of the extreme wait times and ignore us, they substituted stuff without telling us when they ran out. It was especially irritating that I specifically replaced the coleslaw and she still brought it out. My daughters mashed potatoes tasted like instant mashed potatoes and the prime rib was ok. During our meal, they started cleaning the restaurant with a very large amount of bleach and that made my daughter ill. A manager came by our table right when our food came out and did not show any interest in our poor experience. Our server offered free drinks and desserts, but we did not want any food that smelled like bleach or would come out of that restaurant. Who knows, we might have ordered cheesecake and received coleslaw instead. It was a combination of poor service, an uncaring staff, bad food, and an overall bad experience. I would never ever recommend this place to a stranger or my friends and family. Everything was awful!!!!!

1 Thank Hugh A
Albuquerque, New Mexico
“"Too Busy" for good service”
Reviewed 1 January 2014

This place is awful. Do not eat here! We went to this restaurant on December 31st. We had a 15 minute wait to get seated so we were seated around 6:45 pm. The hostess told us that it would be a few minutes to see our server. Long story short, we did not leave until 8:30 because we did not get our food until about 8:15. No one came around to fill our drinks, give us more bread, or update us on our orders. When we flagged someone down to come to our table, they told us the kitchen was really backed up. When our orders finally came, they ran out of food without telling us and decided what to give us. Worst experience ever dining out with my family.

Gainesville, Florida
“Couldn't eat our food.”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I was in town for work and my colleague and I were going to go to Cody's but it was packed so we co to used on and found this place. Ordered the seafood Newburgh and she had the bourbon salmon. Mine came out with already congealing Alfredo sauce, shrimp were so over cooked it was a chore to chew, and nothing was seasoned with anything. After about 3 bites I was nauseous and stopped eating. My colleaugue's fish came out smothered in a goopy brown sauce that was overly sweet and separting. On she scraped off the sauce as best she could the salmon was dry and tasteless underneath. The manager comped our meals and offered to remake anything but nothing sounded appealing after our few previous bites.

The place got busy shortly before we left but how anyone could frequent this place I have no idea. From our surrounding tables it did sound like they were ordering steak and prime rib rather than any seafood so maybe it's a seafood restaurant who can't do seafood but can cook a steak?

I would NOT recommend this place. The only redeeming quality was that our waiter was nice and fun. Left him a tip so he didn't suffer because of the chef.

Lecanto
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great food, service and atmosphere”
Reviewed 14 November 2013

We have eaten at the Boathouse several times in the last month (snowbird from Ohio) and have been pleasantly surprised by the quality of the food, the quantity and the pleasant service by the entire staff. We have tried breakfast, lunch and dinner and plan to return for many more meals. There is a full service bar (we are not drinkers) and plenty of room for large parties and smaller groups also. Try this establishment...you will be happy you did.

• Visited November 2013