“Understanding and very helpful”

Holiday Inn Express Crystal River
Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Crystal River
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Recently we stayed at the Holiday Inn Express at Crystal River. Our boat excursion had a major delay and caused us to return to the Hotel much later then even the time for a late check-out.
But Doreen took care us and the situation with no charges or problems. She really saved us!!
Very professional and understanding about our problem which made a unfortunate situation a little better, thanks to Doreen!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We love staying here when we travel in this area. The rooms are clean. The staff is friendly. The breakfasts are good. It is convenient to the highway and restaurants in the area. Only a few years old.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
hiexpresscr, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crystal River, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Dear YorkeW,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay with us. I'm happy we were able to make your stay a comfortable and you enjoyed our free Express Start Breakfast and friendly staff. We look forward to your next visit with us.

Imran C.
Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 24 June 2014

My wife, son and I spent 1 days at this place. The location is super. the hotel is brand new. Just an amazing value for the money. We went to Chassahowitzka river and took us 15 minutes. The hotel staff was fantastic

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank dulitjo
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel three days in June of 2014. From the time I checked in until the time I left I had nothing but positive experiences. Check in was super fast and efficient. I had a first floor room near the elevator with no problems with noises, people coming and going or doors opening and closing. Quiet at all times.
My bed was luxurious as were my pillows, two soft, two firm. I had taken my own pillow with me but found it not necessary for this hotel. Theirs were awesome as were the linens. Crisp and clean smelling, it brought me back to when I was a kid visiting grandma. Towels were the same. They weren't softened too much which is excellent in my opinion.
Cleanliness of the room was top notch. Whomever trained the employees did a great job and is, apparently, still having them maintain the status quo. Everything was detailed. My home should be so clean and I am fussy. This hotel put me to shame.
The room was well equipped with everything one could find in a kitchen at home; fridge, microwave, iron, coffee pot; we used them all.
This hotel was in a great location, the area was quaint and very safe. There are several restaurants nearby and the manatees at the' Fishbowl' (in the state recreation area) were a great attraction.
I would recommend this hotel for anyone, for any reason. It's reasonably priced, spotlessly clean and boasts a friendly and efficient staff..
Last but not least is Miss Mary who works in the breakfast area. This sweet woman works every day to insure that the guests have a fresh and varied menu each morning. Everything was good and she was better. Loved her.
I give this hotel a huge thumbs up and hope to return in the future.

Room Tip: Actually, the spa was a pool which I didn't use and there was no room service but any room is a...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank seacluded
Reviewed 19 June 2014

My teenage son took a friend - two rooms is sometimes not cost effective but we were able to book the two bedroom suite allowing them their space and save a bundle. Rooms were clean and kitchen area was sufficient to hold everything we had - snacks and cold items. Beds were super comfy with firm and soft pillows provided (and marked on the pillowcase) Linens for the sofa bed were provided by the front desk in a "dry cleaning type" bag which was nice - you knew they were fresh versus when stored in the room closets. Breakfast was wonderful and fed the boys and hubby saving time and $$$. Going back and will book here again!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

As a family of 5 some rooms just are way too small. This was perfect with 2 kings and a pull out sofa bed. Hotel is super clean, great breakfast options with yogurt, fruit, eggs, sausage, pancakes just to name a few . Pool is beautiful and clean. Easy to find parking and close to the manatee snorkeling tours , public parks and restaurants. And smoke free too!! HIGHLY recommend this place~ you won't be disappointed .

Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Karinsinnott
Reviewed 12 June 2014

This place ticked all the boxes. The rooms were lovely, large and very clean. The breakfast was plentiful with great choice and the price we paid was more than reasonable having secured the rooms on hotwire. The staff at the front desk were friendly and very helpful as well as professional. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone who enjoys good quality at a reasonable price.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
hiexpresscr, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crystal River, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2014

Dear Flossygirl,

We would like to thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay at our Holiday Inn Crystal River, FL. We are glad that you enjoyed your experience with us. We hope to see you during your next visit to Crystal River, FL. Thanks again for recommending us to fellow travelers.

Imran C.

Holiday Inn Express Inverness
The Port Hotel and Marina
The Port Hotel and Marina
#7 of 9 in Crystal River

Been to Holiday Inn Express Crystal River? Share your experiences!