“Great shop, amazing staff, had a blast!!”

Dive Center of the Port Hotel and Marina
More attraction details
Owner description: Port Hotel & Marina is a bustling waterside destation on one of Florida's outstanding waterways in Crystal River. This hotel, located on 7 acres, has provided a scenic hideaway for the last 60 years. Tourists come to the waterside location to dive and snorkel in the fresh springs of Crystal River & Kings Bay and experience some of the most exciting manatee tours in the world. Crystal River is one of the few places you can actually swim with the manatees.At the Port Hotel Dive Center you can reserve a manatee tour, sight seeing tour, guided snorkel tour, or scuba dive tour. The dive shop is fully equipped with wet suits, snorkel gear and all scuba equipment as well as coast guard licensed captain and certified dive professionals on staff. A gift shop is also located in the dive shop.Boat rentals in Crystal River are available at the Port Hotel Dive Shop. Pontoon boat rentals are available holding up to 12 people as well as smaller boats. 16 foot Jon boats as well as canoe and kayak rentals are also available here in Crystal River. A private boat ramp with access to Kings Bay is available free to hotel guests and open to the public for a small fee. There is plenty of free boat trailer parking for our guests.
Richmond, Virginia
“Great shop, amazing staff, had a blast!!”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

Went on a boat tour with family even though the waters had gotten choppy due to an upcoming storm. Broderick was a great tour guide! He had many stories and kept us entertained the entire time. The Dive Shop at the Port Hotel is a wonderful location right on the water. The entire experience couldn't have gotten any better!

DENVER
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Great place to go snorkeling w manatees or a boat tour to see them!”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

We went on a trip recently which took us to the PORT MARINA HOTEL AND ITS DIVE CENTER. There is a great bar and restaurant right near by so you can plan your trip accordingly. Bring your swimsuit or have it on because after you see the video, you will want to snorkel with these creatures. I did not plan to snorkel but after seeing all the cool videos and pictures, decided to do so and I am glad I did. We had a large party and they accommodated us with two boats, one we took out on our own because of experienced folks and the other one was a boat tour to just see the Crystal River National Wildlife Refuge and of course, SEE MANATEES! The tour guide was hilarious and told some great stories from what I heard and the tour was well worth it.
Now, as to the second boat, we anchored it and got to float and see the manatees. It was a great experience- first time snorkeling for me and while I had scuba dived before, this was totally different. The customer service was great and we were sized with wetsuits (correctly might I add) on sight. Additionally, all the boat and tour operators and employees were amazingly knowledgeable, friendly, and knew their boats, the area, and everything you wanted to know about manatees. It was worth it! And I told others that I only wish I had more time in the area because next time I return, I will visit this DIVE SHOP to go further down the river to do more manatee sightings.

Gainesville, Florida
“An experience I will never forget!”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Swimming with the manatees is an experience I will never forget! I had such an amazing time swimming with these animals in the wild I am so glad I went with the Dive Center at The Port Hotel! The Port had amazing service and made it easy to get suited up and out to the manatees. The location of the hotel couldn’t be better for getting to the manatees quickly. Once we had our gear on we just hopped on the boat, and minutes later we were surrounded by manatees! All of the equipment was clean and well maintained and the price was very affordable. Broderick was a great guide and has a fantastic sense of humor. My entire group had a great time!
I have and will continue to recommend this place to my friends.

New York City, New York
“Had an absolute blast!! These guys were very knowledgeable and friendly!”
Reviewed 15 March 2012

Went to go swim with the manatees with some of my classmates. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and hilarious! The water was crystal clear and we must have been surrounded by at least 50 manatees. It was an amazing experience and I would recommend these guys one hundred times over.

Visited March 2012
Denver, Colorado
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Can't wait to do it again!”
Reviewed 14 March 2012

First let me start by saying that I love the location! As far as I could tell it is the only dive shop in town that is located right on the main spring. Whether you are in town to snorkel, dive, or swim with the manatees the dive center should be your first stop. My family and I were visiting Crystal River for the first time mid February and were really impressed with the attentive staff at the dive shop. We made our reservations over the phone and when we arrived all of our gear was ready to go. The guides were entertaining and really knowledgeable about the area. The whole family had a great time with the manatees. It's definitely an experience you don't want to miss if you find yourself vacationing in Crystal River.