Kings Bay Lodge is one of those places that people will either 1) really like or 2) think is an old dump. My wife and I are in the "really like" category and would definitely stay here again if in the area. The place is an old motor court motel that was likely built in the 60's or 70's. The motel consists of two one-story cinder-block buildings with a looped driveway and a pretty landscaped area between them. You park directly in front of your room. The west end of the property is Kings Bay waterfront and there is a boat dock there where you can moor your boat (if you have one - we didn't). Check-in was quick and the hotel manager, although not overly friendly, was friendly enough and got the job done. Our room was a very large (approx 450 square feet?) efficiency with a kitchen, dressing area, and bathroom with a shower. The room was equipped with a California King bed, sofa, two recliners, end tables, full size dresser, kitchen table and chairs, a TV, full size refrigerator, and lots of other stuff that looked like it was from the 80's. The refrigerator was rusty and the furniture was very dated and a bit worn but the room was perfectly clean and comfortable. There was a slight mold/mildew smell in the room but that might have been because it was raining most of the time we were here - I'm guessing this would go away if you could air the place out a bit. The hot water heater worked great and there was lots of pressure in the shower. The area between the buildings is landscaped and has beautiful oak trees with Spanish moss - there is also a metal covered canopy there with picnic tables and grills. A natural pool is located adjacent to the bay - this is essentially a walled off area that has a small opening that allows water (and fish) to flow in and out of the bay - it was pretty neat but it was too cold for us to try. Although it was an older place, we definitely liked the place. If you are one of those people that must have "new" everything and a continental breakfast this place is probably NOT the place for you. But if you like vintage and unique places with character that are a great value and located in a beautiful place, you should like Kings Bay Lodge. A clean and comfortable large room with a kitchen, located in a unique and beautiful location, and all for $70 a night made this a great place for us.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- WATERFRONT EFFICIENCY SUITES on the pristine waterfront of the Crystal River. SPECIAL RATES FOR GROUPS AND LONGER STAYS. We offer 18 fully-equipped, individually owned, efficiency suites which sleep up to four people. Our convenient kitchenettes are equipped with a microwave, full-size refrigerator, coffeemaker and range. All units are located on the ground level and provide parking directly outside the door. Guests enjoy free Wi-Fi, cable-television, air-conditioning, ceiling fans and boat docking. A fish-cleaning station is available for all lucky fishermen. Our sunsets are awesome. Enjoy the natural beauty of the Nature Coast on our quiet street, with giant live oaks draped in Spanish moss .... Swim with the manatees or in our unique Old Florida natural spring-fed swimming pool. Enjoy kayaking, fresh or saltwater fishing, scalloping or sailing. The area is perfect for wildlife enthusiasts and in close proximity to Three Sisters Spring. Our lodge is within walking distance to restaurants, bars, antique stores and shopping. Boat and kayak rentals, manatee tours, scuba diving facilities, bike/walking paths, parks, historical and archaeological attractions, horseback riding, gulf coast beaches and golf are located nearby. All rooms are non-smoking. Sorry, no pets are allowed. Special rates are available for groups and for extended stays. Please contact us for pricing and availability. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com and Ebookers so you can book your King's Bay Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- King`s Bay Hotel Crystal River
- Kings Bay Hotel
- King's Bay Lodge Crystal River, Florida