King's Bay Lodge
Plantation on Crystal River(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$142
US$116
AscendHotels
Best Western Crystal River Resort(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$120
BestWestern.com
Hampton Inn Crystal River(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$210
Hampton.com
Holiday Inn Express Crystal River(Crystal River)(Great Value!)
US$120
US$73
Official Hotel
Econo Lodge(Crystal River)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsspring fed poolnatural poolold floridafull kitchencaptain waynewithin walking distancenatural springefficiency apartmentstocked kitchenettecrabsmall kitchenenjoyed our staycovered pavilioncentral locationpull out sofaliving arearental place
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Every room is different and every room has owners but is run as a motel. Our room was the best we ever had. It has plenty of room, an extra large TV, a kitchen with appliances that work, storage space...The place is like a cabin or litle house you live in while in the area. We were unable to try the pool but looked at the plants in it and the fish. We were very close to manatee swim places and maybe 20 minut drive from Homosassa State Park

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank debkr67
Tracy W, Manager at King's Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Thank you So much for your Great Review!We really appreciate your patronage & hope you will stay with us in the future! Deb & Family had One of our Nicest Rooms, they came in late, so, we left their keys in the room for them. We're Very Pleased that y'all enjoyed your stay with us! Thanks again for the Wonderful Review!

Reviewed 19 October 2013

First of all, I want to say that my wife and I didn't totally agree on what rating to give this motel. Initially, I wanted to give this place 5 stars, but let me explain that... This place is NOT a five-star hotel! It is exactly as the owner represents it. It is a facility that clearly has been in disrepair over the years, but is now receiving the TLC it deserves. We saw some guys working on some of the rooms, apparently remodeling them. But the reason that I wanted to give five stars is because (1) everything worked well and (2) the owners represent the property accurately. They do not try to make it sound like a pristine place with all new stuff. I respect that.

Like I said, everything worked, including the A/C, WiFi and cable TV. The bed was comfortable and the kitchenette was nicely supplied. It has awesome water access directly on Kings Bay. We didn't swim in the spring fed pool, but it was interesting to look at. Indeed, it was crystal clear and the overflow was dispensed into the bay.

But my wife and I differed on this place on two issues. First, she maintained that there was an odor in the room (#17), which I did not detect (her nose is MUCH more sensitive than mine!). Second, there was some mold on the shower curtain. I did have to concede that one and that is the reason that I gave 4 stars instead of 5.

But all-in-all, I was very please with this motel, even though it is older and receiving attention. Especially factoring in the price, it is a very good stop.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PatrickPem

Thank you for Your Awesome Review!!! We really appreciate your kind words and your Opinion of us!!! I really wanted to be as Honest as possible with the public about our little corner of Paradise, so there would be No False ideas about us! We definitely have a ways to go to have All the rooms in as Great of shape as some of them, but, we're plugging along and before you know it, All the rooms will be "The Best" room here!!! I have my "Favorites", but one day I'll be able to say that Any room you stay in will be "Charming & Comfortable"! Thanks again for a Great Review, I do apologize for the "Moldy Shower Curtain", and I will strive to make Sure that All the rooms will be "Very Clean" & "Odor-Free"!!! Thank you & Please Come Back & Stay with us in the Future!

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Yep, it's an old Florida motel. Each of it's 18 rooms are different. Room #10 (where we stayed) has a king bed, 2 comfortable chairs, a sofa, 42" TV, kitchenette with a dining table with 4 chairs.
My wife who only likes to stay at "nicer" hotels, is very satisfied with this place.
Be adventuresome and get off the Beaten path, you'll be glad you did

Room Tip: Room 10 was good.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bob w
Kings Bay L, Manager at King's Bay Lodge, responded to this reviewResponded 24 April 2017

Thanks for your review, Glad you enjoyed your stay.

Reviewed 26 July 2013

I belong to a group of active 50-70 year-olds, and about 20 of us spent a delightful weekend at the Kings Bay Lodge recently. I can't take credit for booking our rooms, but profusely thanked the member who did - this is a great place! Don't be fooled by the exterior - the lodge may be 50 or 60 years old, but clearly a lot of money has been spent on renovating and refurnishing the rooms - they are just lovely! The kitchen was well stocked, the furniture was comfortable, everything was clean as a whistle, and the setting was just perfect. As a matter of fact, I called already to book a room for an upcoming weekend. Love it!

Room Tip: This is a small lodge - I think there are only 18 rooms, and you can't find a bad one!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Linda M
Reviewed 24 June 2013

My husband and I were looking for a local, unique place to stay and found the King's Bay Lodge.
Our LARGE room was very clean and comfortable. The natural "florida" pool was very unique, as was the setting for this motel. If you want to get "out of the box", this Motel is the place.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple