This Resort, as they call themselves, should never be called a Resort. The exterior brick has been recently spray painted in white, which is OK. But the overspray gave a weird tint to the gray roof shingles.
Doors into the lobby were also painted by brush. But apparently not sanded prior to painting and show it. Paint all lumpy around window paines.
Parking lot needs sprucing. Parts of the lawn are mud holes.
But the last straw was dinner. Ordered their Special, Blackened Talapia over beans. My wife an I love Talapia. I'm sure this was a good piece of fish before they ruined it. It was so spicy hot it burned our mouths. Blackened & Cajun are not the same. I''ve had Cajun before and love it. But this was outrageously spicy hot. We both sent it back. My wife decided that some Vanilla ice cream might help with the burning in her mouth from the talapia. That didn't work either. The waitress topped it with strawberries and a strawberry sauce. My wife just wanted PLAIN vanilla ice cream.
Finally, the waitress was simply not up to the job. She forgot all about my wine order. Then she forgot a portion of another patrons order. Then she forgot to read the specials to another patron. My wife ordered her salad with "NO ONIONS." Naturally it came wigth loads of onions.
What a fun meal.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Our crystal river hotel is a beautiful 50-year-old, 232 acre eco-friendly resort offering comfortable accommodations, a full service spa, and is surrounded by the natural springs of Kings Bay. This bay in Crystal River is one of the largest aquifers in the state and home to more than 400 West Indian manatees that migrate each year to the warmth of the springs. Our onsite activities range from golf to boating and fishing with so much in-between and we offer several specials and packages to help sculpt your perfect vacation! There's always something fun to do at Plantation on Crystal River! The services and activities included in your resort fee are meant to give you, your family and friends multiple ways to enjoy your time with us. The following is a list of all activities and services covered by the resort fee of $17 per night. WiFi Beach chairs, umbrellas, towels Free play on our 9 hole golf course Driving range Outdoor heated lagoon pool Hot tub Fitness Center Tennis ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Southall Travel, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Plantation on Crystal River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation On Crystal River Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Resort Crystal River
- Plantation On Crystal River Florida