We found this property to be OK. Maybe we should call it good but not so great. The weather had a lot to do with it. It was cool, windy, with some rain/drizzle here and there. We spent 2 days & 3 nights so we had 2 full days for a quick winter warm-up away from New York. The weather notwithstanding, for those folks who like paddle boating, snorkeling, hiking, fishing, etc. this is a great area. We're not that young and we prefer to walk around and look at things, or, better yet, get chauffeured around to look at things that are pointed out to us. In the area, we went to Weeki Wachee (State Park....needs work) and Homosassa Springs Wildlife State Park (Pretty nice) and we took the hotel's "Sunset Cruise" (pretty nice except that it was COLD). Now, as far as the property itself goes . . . it could be a lot better, but it seems to 'miss the mark' on just about everything. That includes physical plant, service, attitude, competence, etc. Most of the people seemed to be trying hard, but I think that they were not well trained and did not have adequate knowledge of the property. Couple all this with inattentive paint work, "halfway" groundskeeping, and some poor choices of colors, design, etc. and it all adds up to a management/ownership problem. In summary, if you've got kids and you all like outdoorsy stuff, you'll probably have a very good time here. It's just not a very relaxing place. But, it could be. Too bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to Plantation on Crystal River A hidden gem located on the Nature's Coast of Florida and the Gulf of Mexico, our beautiful 50-year-old eco-friendly and green luxury resort hotel's surrounded by the natural springs of Kings Bay. This bay, in Crystal River, is one of the largest spring systems in the state and home to more than 500 West Indian Manatees that migrate each year to the warmth of the springs. We sit on 232 acres of lush preserve land with emerald greens and grand oaks, and house hundreds of birds and wildlife that include: Osprey, Sandhill Cranes, Blue Heron, Red-Bellied Warbler, Yellow-Bellied Warbler, Neotropic Cormorant, Great Egret, Eagles and Grey-Horned Owls to mention a few. OUR HOTEL IS THE PLACE TO STAY & PLAY IN CRYSTAL RIVER, FL Centrally located from Tampa and Orlando, we are a great location for your next • Florida vacation • Corporate Meeting or Retreat • Florida golf vacation • Incentive Group • Florida Wedding • Family Reunion • Fraternal Groups Should you have frequent business in the Citrus County, we have corporate rates available. We have over 12,000 sq. ft. of flexible indoor meeting space and beautiful outdoor locations with water views a great backdrop for your special occasion, team building event, or to simply relax and take in the Florida Sunshine and perfect weather. Remember to visit Spa Bleu at Plantation while staying at the Resort to experience a moment of wellness at our first class Aveda Spa. Offering facials, massage therapy,body treatments, Vichy shower, pedicures, manicures, and a full hair-care Salon. And don't forget we are a world class fishing destination as well. Our Adventure center offers guided fishing charters as well and many other water based activities. Including our Trip Adviser top rated "Swim with the Manatee tours". We are the place to play and stay! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Choice Hotels, Ebookers, Southall Travel, Expedia, TravelUp, Priceline, Odigeo, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Plantation on Crystal River reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Plantation On Crystal River Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Hotel Crystal River
- Plantation Resort Crystal River
- Plantation On Crystal River Florida