“Inexpensive.” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 9 Hotels in Crystal River
Hallsville, Missouri
“Inexpensive.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2013

My wife and I stayed here for three days mostly because I had points to use up and we were planning a lot of activities in the region. The facility manager was polite and brought us towels to use by the pool as we lounged there reading and returned our shoes we left there absentmindedly. When we were blocked in by an oaf who parked behind us and several other guests, the maintainence man pounded on his door and got him to repark in a correct way. While this is an older property, the staff did try to make our stay there pleasent.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
  • Finnish first
Mansfield Center, Connecticut
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2012

My wife and I and our dog stayed at the Econo Lodge, Crystal River for 7 nights. It is the only major hotel brand offering pet freindly rooms in the immediate Crystal River area. On the surface, the hotel does not present a very good image of what it has to offer for a week long pet freindly stay. The lobby and the rooms could stand a make over in order to look fresh and up to date. The continental breakfast area is very small. The breakfast selection is very limited . The TV in the room was not a flat screen one. There was no hair dryer in the room. We were in a room closer to the highway. The noise from early morning traffic could be a problem for a light sleeper. Enough about the negatives observed when we first arrived. As the days passed, we saw that the positives offered by the hotel made our seven day stay a very good overall experience. There was a fridge and micro in our room and these provided a great solution to the limited continental breakfast that was available as well as an easy solution to providing us lunch from the previous nights dinner leftovers. A quick trip to Publix (supermarket) for frozen waffles, syrup, apple juice, pop tarts, milk and orange juice and we had everything we needed for seven days of breakfast using the hotels toaster, fridge and micro and for a cost of slightly over a dollar a day. The TV worked fine and there was an excellent selection available from the cable system. The room was large and clean. There were 2 chairs and a table which served well as a breakfast area and computer work area. The free wifi worked well and was very easy to access.The bathroom was clean and the tub/shower facilities served us well during our 7 day stay. The beds were comfortable and we got a good nights sleep all 7 nights that we stayed at the Econo Lodge. The hotel staff both at check-in and check-out were freindly, courteous and helpful. The cleaning staff were also freindly and courteous. Our room was cleaned and towels/toiletries provided daily. The only real problem we had was that our room keys stopped working properly twice during our stay. They were quickly reprogrammed by the clerk at the desk and the problem was solved. This problem was not unique to us here at the Econo Lodge. My sister-in-law was staying at the Holidy Inn Express in Crystal River and her key stopped working also during her stay. All in all, our stay at the Econo Lodge Crystal River was a very good one. The room though dated served us well and additionally there were several areas around the hotel where we could walk our dog and exercise her every day. Once you get by your intial impression of the hotel, it really is not that bad a facility particularly if you are travelkling with a pet. That old addage "Don't judge a book by its cover" really is applicable here.

Room Tip: A room further away from road would eliminate most of the road noise.
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
Salt Lake City, Utah
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 September 2012 via mobile

I can't really say I was surprised by the quality of this motel. I new going in that at $60 a night it wasn't going to be 4-star luxury but I found it to be pretty run down and dirty. There was a large half dead insect on the floor when we arrived. The sink was corroded and the TV was poor quality. The matress also sagged heavily. The best thing I can say is that they offer up a cheap price if you are going to take one of the manatee tours near by.

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank ShanersD

Travellers are raving about these Crystal River hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

I was actually quite frightened to stay here, but went because a large group of old friends were getting together for scallop season in Crystal River. It is definitely affordable and close to the ramp for boaters wanting to enjoy the beautiful waters of the area. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't AS horrible as some of the reviews make it out. The room was basically clean, the A/C cold and the water hot. So if you just treat it for what it is (not the Hilton) you'll be fine. I believe our room was $58 for two double beds, and did have a small fridge. They also offer coffee and small pastries in the morning.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank LisaD5
Geneva, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

To start, the rooms are extremely outdated. The phone in my room did not work- when I spoke to the owner he said it would be too costly to repair and that there was other rooms without working phones as well....really?! The bed was painfully hard! I felt like Fred Flintstone sleeping here! The tv was an archaic early 80's model tube tv with NO working remote. The linens were stained and old, although they did appear to be clean. Only plus was there was a small mini fridge and microwave. Overall, if your interested in a good nights sleep,look else where.

Justin Braneky
Braneky Pest Prevention, Inc.
Geneva,Fl

Room Tip: Look elsewhere!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank BranekyPestControl
Destin, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

First room the TV did not work properly.
Second room the TV did not work properly and the room was not cleaned.
Third room was OK but needs a good bug spraying. Looks like mold under the sink as well. (Left)

The manager of the place seemed a little concerned, not, and said their were a lot of things that I was not aware of with this place and she could not tell me about it. But she did say it was the owners fault. So, I would suggest giving the manager more responsibility and let her make things happen or fire her.

You may also want to tell housekeeping that if they are going to say something about the person staying their, they should wait till they are out of hearing distance.

I WOULD SUGGEST STAYING AT THE DAYS IN OR QUALITY INN IN CRYSTAL RIVER. I NEVER HAD A PROBLEM WITH EITHER OF THEM.

You will never see me at this motel again.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank angeleye_11
Jacksonville, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 February 2012

We arrived late and got a room. The place looks like it is a spot for hookers to use for their work. The heater did not work and the shower only had cold water. The bed was rock hard. The shower backed up bad, I was standing in a half foot of water. I went to return the key in the morning and the people in the office told me I had to leave a tip to get a cup of coffee. Dump city should be the name.

Room Tip: Go to another hotel
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple