“Economical, clean and helpful”
Review of Econo Lodge

Econo Lodge
Ranked #8 of 9 Hotels in Crystal River
Reviewed 9 January 2014

We stayed here at an amazingly low rate through hotels.com on New Year's Eve. The owner was helpful, the room was large for our family of three and the cleanest of three (budget) places we stayed in Florida. And quiet for a good night's sleep before we went swimming with the manatees early in the morning!

Reviewed 3 January 2014

Expedia lost our pre-paid reservation, check-in woman (?CRIVER?) still got us our room.

2 star rating, 7 star attitudes and service!!!! Staff was friendly and knowledgeable about area attractions.

PET FRIENDLY!!!!!!! minimal $11 extra charge (vs $50 per night we paid in Kissimmee 3 days later, with other motels demanding $100 or more). There was a convenient area for pet walking!!!

Motel was CLEAN, secure/safe, convenient, very BUDGET-FRIENDLY, and best of all: people glad to have guests, not the "doing ya a favor" attitude so often displayed in more expensive establishments.
We will return to this Econolodge again (and again) as often as our trips to swim with the Manatees allow.

The only NOT PERFECT (not a complaint!!) part of this motel was... coffee was a bit weak for my personal taste, and did not have a microwave in the room. Next time, I'll bring my own if they still don't have coffee makers and/or microwaves in the rooms.

1  Thank Dave M
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Got a last minute Hotwire deal on this room. I was a little worried after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor, but everything was just right. This is a nice 2 star motel. The check in lady was super and recommended a place for my family to eat dinner. Breakfast was nothing special, but your standard continental breakfast. Having a check in time at 2 and check out at 11 AM was a huge plus, because we were able to swim with the manatees first thing in the morning and then come back and take a shower.

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool. All rooms looked very similar.
Reviewed 31 October 2013

we were going diving with the manatees and didnt want to drive for hours in the early AM so we decided to stay overnight. We got this hotel for the price. We arrived late and the gentleman was so gracious. He was from India so a tad difficult to understand at times but what a sweetie he was. I asked, as I always do, if there are coffee makers i the rooms and he said "no" but offered to make me a pot right then. 10:30 at night. When we left to go to the room, he said if everything is not right call and he would do whatever we needed. The room, for the price was great. Clean too. The continental breakfast was bagels, english muffins, donuts, fruit muffins coffee and OJ. We were in a hurry and that's all we saw. When I come back to dive with the Manatees again, I will stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

checked in as two adult men on business headed to an important meeting, and the clerk asssigned us to a room with only one bed! it took forever to switch to another room with two beds and the experience made us late to our meeting. the room was not fully stocked with products and towels, and the normally good continental breakfast was disappointing. a talk with mrs Patel,
The owner, about her
two other properties
was a waste of time. will never stay at. this this facility
again.

• Stayed: May 2013
1  Thank landplan414
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I did not mind algae in the pool. I did not mind ceiling falling while I was in shower. I did not mind the noise. I did not mind the so called breakfast consisting only of sweet rolls/coffee/juice. I did mind having my pet deposit stolen, paid by cash and no where to be found upon check out. Clerk admitted they may have a thief in their office. Then it was stated that pet deposits are non refundable, though I was told by check in clerk it would be refunded upon inspection, but Barbara did not want to do an inspection. She simply said the money was not there and no need for an inspection and she would deal with employee that took the cash deposit. No cameras at entry lobby for safety of employee or guests either. I was over charged on pet deposit. I paid 100.00 when it was only supposed to be 80.00. !0.00 per night per pet. I stayed 4 nights. I have filed a complaint and notified IRS that cash receipts are not given and Ihave written a complaint to Choicehotels. com. No response from anyone as of this date.

Room Tip: Do not stay at this hotel. Pay an extra 10 bucks or so for another hotel and get your receipts!
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank KleonikeM
Reviewed 19 April 2013

Basic motel at the side of a busy road. We wanted somewhere cheap as were getting up early to go swim with manatees. It was clean, spacious, comfortable and actually very quiet. Can't comment on the breakfast as we didn't have it. There were some wicked biting flies around the pool - make sure you have insect repellent.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family