“Freshest seafood........period”
Review of The Crab Plant

The Crab Plant
Ranked #6 of 110 Restaurants in Crystal River
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Love the market. I stop here before going to the grocery store to get the catch of the day. It the only place to find fresh, never frozen, head on shrimp. They have a fabulous selection of local seafood and they have nice salmon.
The restaurant is perfect to take visitors for the waterfront and the seafood really comes from the boat to the kitchen.Blue crab and stone crab claws (when in season) are to drive for. Staff and servers are top class. Only thing is the guests are having such a good time laughing and story telling that it gets a little loud.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Delicious boiled crab, warm and spicy. Husband loved clam chowder and shrimp. Daughter loved shrimp also. Our waitress doesn’t let her pregnancy slow her down one bit. She is like manacled. Remembers each person’s order. Delivers food hot and beer ice cold. She is honest, if something is going to be a wait. Very special. I told her that I have never liked Key Lime Pie nor have I ever been able to really taste it. She asked me if I had tried their key lime pie. I had not, she told me to take a little taste just to see. It was delicious! So excited to finally be able to taste key lime pie and LOVE it!
Recipe please.

Would definitely dine here again and again.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We are staying in Crystal River while my husband is working here. We have eaten at most places here and The Crab Plant is our favorite. Freshest seafood, fair prices for what you get and view of the water. It is a little noisy when busy but that is good for us because we have a four year old so it drowns him out, lol. Cash only! I also want to add that service was excellent also, sat immediately and was right over to take our drink order. No complaints at all!

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

I was very disappointed in the service and food after a long wait. I will never return to this restaurant. It's on my 5 worst list for the entire state of Florida..

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

You're not going to be astounded by the interesting dishes, but if you want all the basics and don't want to break the bank, this is a great option. Skip the hush puppies.