“As Described”

Square Grouper
Ranked #1 of 6 Restaurants in Cudjoe Key
Price range: US$8 - US$34
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Thai
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Takeout
Description: Innovative fresh local seafood. House Smoked Fish Dip is phenomenal, a definite "must try"!! Our Conch Chowder and our Key Lime Pie are also something you should not miss. We also have a great Square Grouper Fish Sandwich, 16 oz Grilled Ribeye (Certified Angus Beef!), Salads and lots of small plates to share...Flash Fried Conch with ponzu and wasabi. We are open on Mondays from the last week in December thru April! We close every September from the Sunday AFTER Labor Day and reopen on the Thursday BEFORE Columbus Day Weekend.
Reviewed 13 May 2014

This restaurant was suggested by people we talked to, was in the suggested book where we rented, and in the printed guide books. It was very good - reasonable and everything the four of us had (we all sampled each other's) was good. Reasonable prices.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,423)

Reviewed 12 May 2014

After passing up a tiki bar recommendation on the way to Key West in favor of the Square Grouper, my initial reaction was disappointment. However, the minute I stepped through the door, I felt better about the choice and once I had my food I was thrilled with the choice. The meal was phenomenal. The fresh spices and fresh fish were truly special. I hope to be back someday!

Reviewed 10 May 2014

One of the things I have always wanted to try was chicken and waffles and people make fun of me for trying them here at Square Grouper but let me tell you, they are wonderful!! For $9 you get 2 decent size waffles with a good amount of chicken with a chipotle maple syrup and a beer!! you cant beat it! Also they have delicious salads and the tuna is amazing. Lenore and MiMi are always on point and have a smile on their face!

Reviewed 7 May 2014

We were in Cudjoe Key for a wedding and decided to try Square Grouper one night. This is probably the only restaurant in the area that serves upscale very good local fish. The menu is innovative and modern. The food was very good. The appitizers were the best part for me. They make a smoked fish appitizer that is delish. If you are in the area it is worth a visit. There really isn't anywhere else decent to eat here.

1  Thank Nancy M
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We went to dinner at Square Grouper last week and it was fantastic.
I got the scallops and everyone agreed it was the best. We also got prime rib, grouper, the Cuban hash & some seafood pasta special. Everything was cooked to perfection and the service was great. they were fully packed, very busy night and the service was still awesome.
We also got banana bread pudding and the brownie with ice cream! wow! The Square grouper never disappoints. Always good and very well priced considering the keys is an expensive place to eat out. cant wait to go back!